#21 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:04 PM

View PostMadHornet, on 24 February 2016 - 06:56 PM, said:

Doesn't the wasp equip an SRM-2 in the left leg? That might be a new frontier. How would that work?

According to the canon, the SRM2 was in the leg, and correct me if I'm wrong (some floating factoid in my brain), but one leg had more armor than the other? Anyhow, I doubt we would start leg mounting weapons, it woul just move to the side torso (plus moving the location may be necessary to avoid similarities with the 'unseen' artwork).

The thought of leg weapons is interesting, although trajectory may be an issue, since the origin point of the weapons would start low, environmental barriers might be magnified.

Edited by stealthraccoon, 24 February 2016 - 07:07 PM.

#22 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:20 PM

I want more wasps and more lights in general.

#23 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:55 PM

View PostMadHornet, on 24 February 2016 - 06:56 PM, said:

Doesn't the wasp equip an SRM-2 in the left leg? That might be a new frontier. How would that work?

Sadly when PGI ran into leg mounted weapons (ie: cicada) they just moved it to the side torso.

#24 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:18 AM

Valkyrie!!!

#25 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:41 AM

View PostAleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, on 21 March 2016 - 08:18 AM, said:

Valkyrie!!!

The Valkyrie would make the Panther even less relevant - CT mounted missiles really limits your options. Valkyrie could run dual SRM6/ASRM4 with no problems!

But then the elephant in the room would be the Javelin - 30 ton jumping Oxide... DO WANT PLZ!!!

Edited by stealthraccoon, 22 March 2016 - 07:43 AM.

#26 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:05 AM

I want my Flea. But until the Flea becomes a possibility, I will be happy with any new light mechs they add. I love lights. I've mastered them all. I'd like some new ones to play with. All these unseen heavies are cool and all, and so is the Kodiak, but I need moar lights.

#27 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:49 PM

View PostTercieI, on 07 February 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

Hear, hear. My hope is actually that they'll do a 2-pack of the Wasp and Stinger, though, priced like one of the heavies. It'd be a nice way of saying "we know these aren't great, but we also know they have fans." I would buy the max pack for sure.

God I hope this happens. If they release the Royal Stinger you might as well weld the cockpit closed behind me. Hopefully they'll include details like visible arm mounted iron sights for the MGs on the hero Posted Image

I think we need to start a petition to Russ. Damn, I might have to join Twitter

Posted Image

Edited by Fang01, 28 March 2016 - 12:53 PM.

#28 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:06 AM

View PostFang01, on 28 March 2016 - 12:49 PM, said:

God I hope this happens. If they release the Royal Stinger you might as well weld the cockpit closed behind me. Hopefully they'll include details like visible arm mounted iron sights for the MGs on the hero...

Iron sights - FTW (as the kids say)

#29 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:23 PM

View PostMole, on 22 March 2016 - 08:05 AM, said:

I want my Flea. But until the Flea becomes a possibility, I will be happy with any new light mechs they add. I love lights. I've mastered them all. I'd like some new ones to play with. All these unseen heavies are cool and all, and so is the Kodiak, but I need moar lights.

It's a little compulsive, really. :3

I've got every IS light except the Anansi. On the ClanTech side, I'm only missing the JR7-IIC line and the add-on variants for the Lynx, Adder and Kitfox.

All but 2 Urbies, 2 Commies, 2 or 3 Locusts (3V T.T), 3 redundant Cheetahs and the Panther 10P (AC10 ftw!) are mastered. Maybe time to revisit a few.

I would totally play the Veritechs(kidding!) Unseen lights, because funsies. Valk, done reasonably well, could be like an up-gunned Spider. Trohlolololohlolololoh :D

Anansi I won't even buy on sale (yet). Jenner IIC, I'm forcing myself to wait for a sale. The extra ClanTech OmniLights I'm not sure I want to clog mechbays with until after I binge at a mechbay sale. It's getting a little crowded at V Corp Mechanized Yards.

Those JR7-IICs are calling me though ...

Edited by Virlutris, 29 March 2016 - 02:44 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users