#81 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:01 PM

View PostMister D, on 29 January 2016 - 07:52 PM, said:

I think we all need to be bugging Russ on Twitter about this.

Biggest issues with Urby, are heatgen quirks lost, MG Quirks or ballistic range to help MG's, Agility loss, and maybe get its speed back.

For a light, with low top speed, and usually caps out at 10 DHS with only 7 at best being T-DHS, it needs some -heatgen on just about every weapon it can carry.

Turn speed, twist speed, Accel/Decel since the Skilltree nerf Urby is sluggish and its pretty bad compared to what it used to be.

Like they did for Summoner, give it a speed bonus to match back its old SpeedTweak topspeeds.

Stronger ballistics, particularly lighter weight ballistics, would help the gundam without even quirking it. Or at the very least, ballistic cooldown quirks of actually significant magnitude (perhaps at the cost of some energy quirks if need be).

More structure too, pl0x.

Leg turn rate should sure as heck be buffed so that the mech can fully exploit its 360 twist ability.

Edited by FupDup, 29 January 2016 - 09:07 PM.

#82 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:02 PM

View PostMister D, on 29 January 2016 - 07:52 PM, said:

I think we all need to be bugging Russ on Twitter about this.

Biggest issues with Urby, are heatgen quirks lost, MG Quirks or ballistic range to help MG's, Agility loss, and maybe get its speed back.

. . . I'd rather people bugged him about making the heat system less of a steaming pile in general.

The BIGGEST limitation of the big gun Urby is still the huge 'shoot me' arm and the low ammo/ton on ac/20s. Having fewer than 2 bullets per enemy after a 3 ton ammo investment is simply NOT viable. The Urban 'Mech wasn't ever meant for combat on this scale, and after the global armor doubling and the ammo not doubling on the AC/20, the Urbie simply can't afford the big gun's 'effective weight'.

That, and pinpoint convergence mean it's never not better to do 4 medium lasers and an ac/5.

Edited by no one, 29 January 2016 - 09:12 PM.

#83 dimachaerus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 170 posts
  • LocationRichmond KY

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:03 PM

Honestly, just make it a little tank, and give it bigger ballistic buffs. Reduced UAC jam chance on my lil R63 would be lovely... *hinthint*

#84 Sorbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:44 PM

What nerfs did our Urbies recently suffer? I know they've felt a bit more delicate but don't pay enough attention to quirks sometimes.

I do love the haters although I love the shamed comments of my dead enemies even more. Been running the Urbie as an AC/10-1ML mech for some time. Just switched to an AC5 build today but feel like I'm breaking etiquette.

#85 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:26 AM

Torso twist rate was the biggest hit to Urbie from the recent global nerfs. It hardly got touched by the speed tweak nerf (~2kph loss even with max engine), but losing the the twist rate boost from 10%*2 basics after elites hurt. 5% (2.5%*2) after elites just isn't enough with Urbie's limited engine cap, since twist rate is tied to engine size instead of tonnage. With 360-degree twist, that nerf hit Urbies harder than any other two 'Mechs put together.

Overall turn rate loss from the anchor turn nerf didn't help either, but twist rate? Ouch.

#86 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:48 AM

urbies can be good team players. as long as they're proactive, they can be useful. everyone ignores them in a firefight, so while I'm engaging an assault, that battle aware Urbanmech pilot can scoot under that crab or inch up between that Atlas' shoulder blades.

#87 Sorbic

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:55 AM

Thanks Wrath, yeah I definitely felt that nerf. I thought maybe they had nija'd in an Urbie specific nerf which would have confused the heck out of me.

I definitely feel like they could have done a better job shrinking the unlock bonuses and or not made the hit so severe.

#88 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:01 AM

I'd like to see Urbie get the Blackjack's soon-to-be-lost structure quirkage. Or the Top Dog's old armor percent bonus.

And a uAC/5 jam reduction.

I'd be dusting off the R63S. Seriously. Urbie used to be the only light mech I liked. Haven't run them since shortly after the December nerfs. Now I don't run anything under 55 tons. Ever.

Buff Urbie NAO!

#89 Squirg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 307 posts
  • LocationEromanga

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:50 PM

Posted Image

#90 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:57 PM

Structure buffs would be nice indeed. And also some torso twist speed.

#91 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:01 PM

By the way, Urbie's getting another nerf in the next patch. The R60L's E range quirk.

Nerfing the UrbanMech while buffing the TimberGod and DoomCrow. Alternate-reality level 10, achieved.

#92 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:34 PM

Eh, I could actually care less about energy quirks on the Urbie. They're nice as bonus features, but I'd much rather see PGI focus on giving them great ballistic quirks, especially for ACs, since that's what really sets them apart from other 'Mechs in their class. Right now the Panther 10P, which is a completely made-up variant, has better ballistic quirks than any of the Urbies do... and that's just plain wrong.

#93 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:44 PM

Urbie has decent builds ... kinda like taking a Kit fox but while Kit fox has ECM and AMS overlord ability. The urbie does bring its own nice abilities with it ... 360 turn turret?

#94 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:51 PM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 30 January 2016 - 03:34 PM, said:

Eh, I could actually care less about energy quirks on the Urbie. They're nice as bonus features, but I'd much rather see PGI focus on giving them great ballistic quirks, especially for ACs, since that's what really sets them apart from other 'Mechs in their class. Right now the Panther 10P, which is a completely made-up variant, has better ballistic quirks than any of the Urbies do... and that's just plain wrong.

Totally agree.
Except with "Could actually care less", which means you DO care (because you COULD care less than you care now). The correct way to say is "you couldn't care less", which means you care so little, that you couldn't possibly care less than the amount of care you have now.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 30 January 2016 - 03:52 PM.

#95 Herr Vorragend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 January 2016 - 04:42 PM

View PostChados, on 30 January 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

Nerfing the UrbanMech while buffing the TimberGod and DoomCrow. Alternate-reality level 10, achieved.

I love my urbies! :)

Timbers and Crows won´t be buffed. They just lose their negative quirks.

#96 TheMadTypist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

On Topic:
Hate for the urbanmech is unjustified, after it's been properly modified to not be 32kph Slooow. Vocal praise draws vocal criticism, as with all things.

Off Topic:

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 30 January 2016 - 03:51 PM, said:

Totally agree.
Except with "Could actually care less", which means you DO care (because you COULD care less than you care now). The correct way to say is "you couldn't care less", which means you care so little, that you couldn't possibly care less than the amount of care you have now.

The "I could care less" phrase is actually the short version of the "I could care less, but I'd have to try" idiom. It has been infrequently used by teenagers who know everything and more commonly appears on TV shows targeted at those teenagers. Using this remnant of the phrase makes him no more incorrect than "correcting" him makes you clever.

But yes, Urbanmech should break free from the "he who has greatest number of light-weapons hardpoints wins" and be the micro-king of dakka.

Edited by TheMadTypist, 30 January 2016 - 04:54 PM.

#97 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:44 AM

View PostTheMadTypist, on 30 January 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

The "I could care less" phrase is actually the short version of the "I could care less, but I'd have to try" idiom. It has been infrequently used by teenagers who know everything and more commonly appears on TV shows targeted at those teenagers. Using this remnant of the phrase makes him no more incorrect than "correcting" him makes you clever.

Citation please.
"Couldn't care less" is the original idiom that originates from Britain, when "Could care less" came later from America and is simply illogical to use in such a context.
The same way a lot of americans say "could of" instead of "could HAVE". It's not only illogical, but also grammatically incorrect.

But i digress, Urbanmech should have minimal to no energy quirks and decent general ballistic quirks (with certain variants getting more specific ballistic quirks, like the r60 getting AC10, r60L getting AC20 and r63 not getting anything specific, instead getting slightly higher general quirks, because LBX sucks)

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 31 January 2016 - 01:46 AM.

#98 dimachaerus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 170 posts
  • LocationRichmond KY

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:51 AM

I strongly support ballistic quirks, I even advocate for the removal of energy quirks. Kind of tired of seeing people cramming pulse lasers and machineguns (eww.. gross) on an Urbie, like it's some kind of cheap Spider knockoff.

This is an Urbanmech. It is made of "BIG 'EFFIN DAKKA YA GIT", not little pew-pew-wub-wub.

But as I said earlier, i'd be reasonably happy with tankiness quirking, and giving us back our torso twist speed. Changes made it legging filthy arctic cheaters trying to circle me unreasonably hard, little ******** are slippery enough as it is with HSR borking out and whatever unobtanium their armor is made of that it shrugs off AC shells even when they're standing still somtimes.

#99 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:09 PM

I have no particular love for the Urbanmech, but browsing this thread reminded me of something the concept artist for our old mod had done. I figured people here would appreciate it.
Posted Image

#100 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:58 PM

Posted Image

The sad thing is they have a point. Victory or defeat in conquest on this map has nothing to do with skill, and everything to do with the number and mobility of your lights.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users