Silver Hawk Irregulars - Gryphons

62 replies to this topic

#1 Terin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationKalidasa, FWL

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

Hey all,

I played MW2-MW4, MW Commander 1-2. I haven't touched any of them in 10 years or so. I was thinking of trying to form a Regiment/Lances. I am fairly new to the BattleTech Universe as I just played the video games, however after doing a bit of research I selected Free Worlds League as my house to play under ( changing icons is broken currently ). After doing a bit more research I found where I wanted to base my "character" around. I choose the Silver Hawk Irregulars as they are the most ragtag group in the Free Worlds League, in particular the Gryphons.

http://www.sarna.net...Hawk_Irregulars

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Gryphons

Posted Image

So I am looking for members of any knowledge to come play with me ( when I get the Beta Invite ). :D We can teach those Lyrian scum a lesson or three.

Edited by Terin, 12 July 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#2 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

Howdy! I've been away from the forums for a while. I really dig the Silver Hawk Irregulars; what kind of a group are you looking to make? A proper "clan" or "unit" type dealio, or more of a collection of folks that know eachother well and hopefully make something of a name for themselves? Maybe we can work something out!

#3 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

It is a unit based on the game the Falcon regiment of the Silverhawk Irregulars had a part to play with the retaking of worlds from the Davions durring the war of 3057. I am not sure what the Gryphons were doing in 3058. They did play a big part of our defense durring the 4th succession war against the Lyran Alliance.

The silverhawk irregulars are the units most likely to strike the Federated commonwealth. Durring this time in history most of there worlds are in Davion controlled space. If I do join them that will be the main reason why I am anti-Davion.

#4 Terin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationKalidasa, FWL

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

Sandersson, I am open to both options. I really just want to stop going into random matches.

Noaceik. I am open to changing the name to something else, but I would like to stay within the Silverhawk Irregulars.

#5 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:24 AM

What about the Falcons? They are known for there mixed mechs and are in constant state of battle, and refit, they are also respected by the FWL military unlike the Gryphons. Both regiments are Silver hawk irregulars.

Best yet they are known for out foxing the davions. I was surprised when I read that considering Fasa focused almost exclusivly on the Davions. I thought it was nearly impossible when Fasa owned the gaming rights, but I read it in a Fasa published field manual called the free worlds league book number 1699. If you go with the falcons consider me in.

#6 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

Terin if you want to stick with the Grypons then I will make there sister regiment the Falcons. The only down side to the Falcons is there high turn over rate because other units want there troops. This would be the perfect unit for the to be future clanners to join. I have already made invites to many of them to join the league in general. Let me know your thoughts on this.

#7 Terin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationKalidasa, FWL

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

Noaceik. I haven't been able to find it but I have been told by several people including yourself that they don't want to have companies associated with the lore. With that in mind I am talking with another person over on the enjin forum about new names ( Although he seems to want to be a merc corp). From what little I know about the Silver Hawk Irregulars, I would like to make the fictional lance/company under them. Let me know your thoughts, I think there might be benifits from coming up with our own name and such.

Edited by Terin, 17 July 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#8 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

When it comes to the silver hawks we have You, me, and DPain as legendary founders, Girochen,and combat chaplain as Elite founders, Ergheizer will get the vet package. We still need more people but everyone listed is intersted in our group and all have or will have founders programs. I see us being a strong group.

I am still trying to get another 6 people.

#9 BigRed40Tech

• PipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

I would like to join the Silver Hawks.

What do you need from me?

#10 Eternal Dusk

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

Sign me up. Got skype/vent/steam?

#11 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

hello storm eagle,andEternal Dusk, you do not realy need to do anything more then give us an ideaof your playing times so we can figure out witch group of silver hawks you will be runnung with

#12 BigRed40Tech

• PipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

My times change a fair bit, but I'd be reliably online after 7:00 pm PST. 10:00 EST.

#13 Eternal Dusk

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

I'm usually around 4-5ish PST at least and my weekends are typically free. Hope to see you all soon. What do we have for voice options?

#14 Eternal Dusk

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

Storm + I are on right now if anyone else is available. Will send skype info upon request.

#15 Terin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationKalidasa, FWL

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

I was thinking about getting a TS3 Server. We will see.

#16 Valkyrie4

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

I would like to join this regiment, if you're still recruiting. I am new to Battletech (introduced to it last year), but I am a fast learner. I would like to be a part of a group of people where we can get to know each other instead of just being thrown into matches, as was previously stated. One question though, how does this work? How do you guarantee that you are put into a match with your regiment?

#17 Terin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationKalidasa, FWL

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:37 AM

Hey Valkyrie. Welcome aboard!!! :) Since you are a founder you have access to Beta, it is hard to discuss such topics in this thread as we are all still under the NDA. I will post a thread in the Beta forum discussion to discuss this ( search "Silver Hawk Irregulars Group Discussion" ), because that is really the only safe way to discuss Beta things. :D

Edited by Terin, 06 August 2012 - 06:40 AM.

#18 Curt Starkiller

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

I am looking for a group to play with, and you guys sound like my kind of group. Playing time varies depending on my real world responsibilities. Normal play times are 5pm - 11pm CST weekdays and weekends are usually pretty open. Big time battletech fan, played the tt in my younger days, never played too much of the mechwarrior series but not unfamiliar with the games.

#19 Terin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationKalidasa, FWL

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

Curt definitely add me in game and also check out the thread I told Valkyrie to check out. ;)

#20 Endude

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSolaris, drinking over priced beer.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

Hi everyone, I have an interest in forming up with the ranks of the Silver Hawk Irregulars. I like running med and heavy mechs, usually in a fire support or brawling roll, but will fill any slot needed. I played MW3, MW4 mercs, and mechtek, but little online until now. I can play most weekday evenings after 6pm-10 CT, weekends can be spotty on Fri and Sat but I will play every chance I can, and Sunday is usually Funday so game on all day. Let me know what info you need for consideration, beyond play time.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users