Marauder Ct Needs Some Looking At.

14 replies to this topic

#1 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:32 AM

Ive hit these mechs quite often in the past few days square in the center torso with gauss and lasers and quite a few times it registers no damage at ALL. There have also been lots of times where Ive taken massive hits to the face in mine and my armor is still A-OK...

Something is definitely amiss...

#2 NeoAres

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:33 AM

You aim for the CT on a Marauder?

#3 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:35 AM

THey are always standards. I want it dead, not stripped.

#4 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:51 AM

There you go:

Posted Image

Edited by kapusta11, 30 January 2016 - 11:51 AM.

#5 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:55 AM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 30 January 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

Ive hit these mechs quite often in the past few days square in the center torso with gauss and lasers and quite a few times it registers no damage at ALL. There have also been lots of times where Ive taken massive hits to the face in mine and my armor is still A-OK...

Something is definitely amiss...

All the damage you pour into a marauder CT magiclally transfers itself to the nearest Black Knight or Warhammer ct ;)

#6 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:03 PM

LOL!

#7 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:09 PM

Marauders hit Boxes make it easy to spread damage left and right. And even when the Ct is open they have a lot of structure. They are some tough sum bishes.

#8 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, the Marauder actually would have suffered from the same issues as the Catapult, Timber, and Stalker, except that its overall shape and hitboxes following that allow it to spread damage very consistently/easily to its STs. I think the Marauder is probably one of the better hitbox mechs I've fought against requiring some actual skills to effectively hit the CT on the mech but not making it impossible (cough*some lights*cough).

#9 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:54 PM

View PostNeoAres, on 30 January 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

You aim for the CT on a Marauder?

I do, unless they've got 3xAC5 in the RT or something like that. Most Marauders have fairly symmetrical loadouts, so if you strip one ST, they'll start torso-twisting. And it's fairly difficult to hit either ST from all angles.

#10 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:36 PM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 30 January 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

THey are always standards. I want it dead, not stripped.

Both of my 3Rs and my 5D pack XL engines. It's pretty easy to roll the damage away from an open torso section, and the extra speed from a 350+ rated XL tends to buy as much survivaility as the XL costs you. The BH2, well, why bother? With an engine cap of only 300 an XL is just not worth the added fragility on that mech. And my 5M packs an AC20, couldn't XL it without swapping to a different ballistic.

#11 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:57 AM

I agree with others, the hitbox is just pretty decent for spreading dmg to ST, so if you can make a loadout using a STD engine the mech acts closer to a Stalker then most of it's stablemates. I mean, LOLBlackknight, Y U can;t twist dmg?

The Marauders attributes like hitbox and engine etc make it pretty interesting to run IMO. I like that. I mean, imagine if it had gotten Catapult style hitbox instead?

#12 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:25 AM

MAR is def a little to tankish, wish my AWS felt that way :P

#13 Tamwulf

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 51 posts
  • LocationVancouver, WA

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:41 AM

When I'm cored in my CT, it's usually after huge amounts of damage to my ST's. As a run XL's, I usually lose a ST quickly followed by my CT.

I'm no torso twisting, disco fool, but the arms help block a bit of the ST's, and the narrow CT means I almost have to be shot from a head on approach, and if you are standing directly in front of me, well, I have a pair of ERPPC's, some MRL's, and an AC/10 that would like to hit you as well.

MAD's should always have an oblique angle to their target so they can shoot and twist forward while constantly moving. Pretty basic stuff, I know, but I've seen too many MAD's standing still, directly facing their targets.

#14 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:55 AM

View PostTamwulf, on 31 January 2016 - 09:41 AM, said:

When I'm cored in my CT, it's usually after huge amounts of damage to my ST's. As a run XL's, I usually lose a ST quickly followed by my CT.

Wut?

Don't know what game you're playing, but when I lose a ST in an XL Marauder, it's over. Like right now.

I tried XL's, and found them too squishy, and went back to STD's in mine. It tanks like a boss, which leads me to get over aggressive (usually after copious (that means a lot) amounts of alcohol, and dying anyway.

Hehe.

#15 Tamwulf

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 51 posts
  • LocationVancouver, WA

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:13 AM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 31 January 2016 - 09:55 AM, said:

Wut?

Don't know what game you're playing, but when I lose a ST in an XL Marauder, it's over. Like right now.

I tried XL's, and found them too squishy, and went back to STD's in mine. It tanks like a boss, which leads me to get over aggressive (usually after copious (that means a lot) amounts of alcohol, and dying anyway.

Hehe.

LOL Nah, what I meant was that it seems like I lose both in the same salvo when that happens. Should have expanded what I meant. On my STD engine MAD's, it's definitely ST first, then CT soon after. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hardly ever lose to just a CT core. Probably 'cuz I'm playing with the scrubs in tier 4-5 (I suck, that's for sure). If I really cared, I could keep a log as to what/how I was destroyed. Then I could offer some quantitative data instead of "feelings" and "thoughts". ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users