Children of the Bear, hearken to my words:
Be always vigilant.
Learn for yourselves that which your forebears imparted So easily and freely;
Demand of yourselves
The foresight of Jorgensson
And the courage of Tseng;
Through them, we are strong.
To them a debt is owed,
Repaid through loyalty undying and Character unflinching.
-From the Oath of Acceptance, Clan Ghost Bear

Video by Top Game Media Crew.

I am Star Colonel Ivan "The Kodiak" Lemmons, here to announce the opening of oceanic recruitment for Clan Ghost Bear International.

If you are looking for a community to drop with, that is mature and understands real life comes first.

We may be what you are looking for.

If you are looking for a team to go kick some sphereoid dogs and try to preform your best.

If you are new to MWO, looking for a group to help get you trained up to take on someone in tier 2.

If you just freaking love all that fluff of the lore in the Battletech Universe, and especially love Ghost Bear.

If you do not care for the fluff and are just looking for other gamers to blow other stompy mechs up.

If you are looking for a place to call family

A brief unit history
The unit was formed back in January 2011, for a Crysis Mod, Mechwarrior: Living Legends as the 72nd Assault Trinary. We were an active part of the overall community there with multiple mappers for the mod, all fan-made. October of 2011 when MechWarrior Online was announced, and the fact we were past the 15 member mark (A Clan Trinary is 15 Mechs) we decided to expand to a Cluster, the 72nd's parent Cluster. the 304th Assault Cluster of Beta Galaxy. The 304AC.

As we grew, and the ISN reports of MWO were tossed to twitter, grizzled veterans of Alpha Galaxy came out of hibernation. Pawing around in the snow, they discovered the 304AC and made contact. Soon, like a family reunion we merged our units. the 304th becoming Beta Galaxy and the MW2-4 Vets keeping Alpha Galaxy.

With closed Beta, we slowly grew through ingame word of mouth. With Open Beta our sibkos were always plentiful, and developing great MechWarriors. We have merged with various units over the years, bringing people home to a family. We have also mourned the loss of family having to feel the pain of two real life members passing.

After a year and a half, we prepared for Community Warfare and were excited to bring forth the might of our Claws. With unit Registration we adopted the name Clan Ghost Bear International, due to our Earth spanning community, thanks to MechWarrior Online. During the first phase of Community Warfare the Sphere feared the Ghost Bear and itès allies. Swelling to 300 members our touman faced the Inner Sphere and pushed deep in to the Inner Sphere with the rest of the Clans.

During Tukayyid 2015 CGBI was a dominating force during the Trial of Possession for the planet. After that heated week long battle PGI reset the map and started phase 2 of CW. This lack of any real progress on CW disinterested the Ghost Bear. We went in to a state of readiness, seeking inward to hone our claws and train our sibkos.

Sadly the Bear waited too long and when it emerged from it's den it found the other Clans had progressed deep in to the inner sphere. The majority of CGBI is still waiting for phase III and hoping PGI brings CW in to a resemblance of leagues in the past.

This initially brought strife within the Clan, but has since been resolved with the establishment of a Expeditionary force that will tour the inner sphere, will be a Ghost Bear Dragoon unit to gather intel. Unlike the Wolf's Dragoons, our force is still family with nothing but in game trappings and tags differ them from the greater CGBI community.

We have entered the NBT-NetBattleTech league, taking over in the first alpha from 228th the Ghost Bear Faction.

Here we stand. Offering you a new home, a family to train with, to play MWO with, to enjoy gaming. We are Clan Ghost Bear International. We are family, we are mighty, we are Ghost Bears.
Are you prepared to become a MechWarrior of Clan Ghost Bear International?

Who are we?
We are a gaming community that is MechWarrior Online focused, with very heavy influence by the fiction lore of the BattleTech and MechWarrior universe. We realize real life comes first, with members who have families or odd hour jobs. Do not let this fool you, we also have a very strong competitive side. We tend to cater to all types, from casual, avid and competitive. We are a mature community, and ask members to understand our Code of Conduct.

Those that have been around for a while will have noted CGBI's absence from CW, I am here to say that this will be no more. We are currently gearing up towards CW phase 3, our hopes are to be the best CGB loyalist unit and to bring back glory to Ghost bear name.

Posted ImagePosted Image

What can we offer?
We represent Clan Warriors in MechWarrior Online, as such we expect a certain code and skill before you are granted Warrior status. Do not worry, we gladly will help you improve your skills and tactics to get you ready for your coming trials within the Clan. We have a great dedicated team of Training Officers in our 123rd Hind Paw Sibko who will get you screaming 'freebirth!' in no time as you shred your opponent's mech to pieces. After your rite of passage (blooding yourself against a Warrior of the Clan. There is no penalty for losing) you can try for our competitive team, chill for casual gaming or finding something in between.

We offer a lore friendly but not enforced enviroment. Giving players chances to earn a 'Bloodname' in the Clan with a monthly Trial of Bloodright run by our Loremaster Crayon Eater. We often have intra-Clan trials via 'Cluster Wars', and have many active members of the MWO community.

How to Join?
Click the image below or HERE.

Posted Image

Edited by The Kodiak, 10 September 2016 - 05:44 AM.

#2 Stormie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 279 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:51 PM

Join us... pilot a Kodiak, with The Kodiak piloting a Kodiak.

#3 Angry Kylo Ren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 120 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:30 PM

Will you be taking part in any of the oceanic-based competitive events?

#4 Stormie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:01 AM

I don't presume to speak for the clan higher ups, but I would expect that would depend on how fast we fill out and upskill the oceanic subgroup. I wouldn't rule it out but I wouldn't think it would be a priority yet.

#5 KODIAK-AU

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 168 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Australia

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:05 AM

View Postmakbeer, on 31 January 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

Will you be taking part in any of the oceanic-based competitive events?

As Stormie stated, Comp's are not a priority as of the moment, getting more oceanic players trained through the 123rd Hind Paw Sibko and then into the unit proper starting their careers as a CBGI warrior. We are mainly going to be focusing on CW phase 3.

In the short time I have been a part of CGBI I have made many friends from all walks of life across the globe, I feel we are more like a family than a unit, and I think that is something that makes this unit fantastic.

But don't trust my words alone, join up at www.ghost-bear-command.com

See you in the ice halls.

#6 Dar1ng One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 227 posts
  • LocationArena Contender Royal

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:21 AM

Mmmmmmm..... yes

Mech-Cellent!

Maybe, but if I did I would join ATTACKKHAN's division.

#7 KODIAK-AU

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:11 AM

I would just like to point out that CGBI and ATTAKHANS GBKP are two seperate entities, just incase anybody was confused.

As always we are looking for warriors to join us in the ice halls of CGBI look us up at www.ghost-bear-command.com

#8 KODIAK-AU

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:58 PM

This is an FYI for potential recruits, as CGBI is building an oceanic trinary from the ground up, our primary training officer is Crunch Troll. If you have signed up on the website and don't get a response straight away, don't worry. The first officer that sees this will reply A.S.A.P.

#9 KODIAK-AU

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:07 PM

Hey guys Clan Ghost Bear International is still looking for more sibkin from the oceanic region, hit us up at www.ghost-bear-command.com

#10 Stormie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:57 PM

bump for a good cause.
Time to wake the bear.

#11 KODIAK-AU

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 168 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:39 PM

Hey all, CGBI is still looking for more recruits, we are currently gearing up for CW phase 3.

Head to www.ghost-bear-command.com to find out more.

#12 KODIAK-AU

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:26 PM

Hey all, just The kodiak again. CGBI is still looking for more recruits.

We have on offer various lore based events including but not limited to:

1. A lore based training program in the form of the 123rd Hind Paw Sibko.
2. A lore based trail of entry (TOE) where you fight for entry into CGBI.
3. Trail of blood rights, where you fight for the honor of a blood name.

If you would like to know more hit us up at www.ghost-bear-command.com

Or on TS3 @ ghostbearhub.net

Cheers.

#13 KODIAK-AU

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:53 PM

CGBI is still recruiting, and we are still looking to fill vacant spots in our oceanic trinary (possibly cluster at a later date).

Come check us out at www.ghost-bear-command.com

Pilots of all skill levels and backgrounds are very welcome.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

#14 KODIAK-AU

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:51 PM

#15 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:50 AM

I hate you guys... I really do. (in terms that I really want to join but my current unit is like family...)
And that MW:O Machinima is like my fave MW video on the internet... curse you...

Expect me via Broadsword dropship with a kodiak by April Posted Image

#16 KODIAK-AU

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:33 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 01 March 2016 - 12:50 AM, said:

I hate you guys... I really do. (in terms that I really want to join but my current unit is like family...)
And that MW:O Machinima is like my fave MW video on the internet... curse you...

Posted Image Posted Image You just livened up my day, you are most welcome to swing by our TS server ghostbearhub.net.

I will keep the light on for you come April.

#17 Stormie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 02:34 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 01 March 2016 - 12:50 AM, said:

Yeah, like Kodiak says feel free to drop in anytime. nothing like a visitor to liven the place up!

#18 KODIAK-AU

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:44 PM

New to the game?
Want to get better?

CGBI's 123rd hind paw training cluster is for you.

Posted Image

#19 KODIAK-AU

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:05 PM

Clan Ghost Bear International is still recruiting.

Drop by our TS3 - ghostbearhub.net. (no password)

Or sign up at our website www.ghost-bear-command.com

#20 KODIAK-AU

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 168 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:04 PM

Still looking for more dedicated oceanic ghost bear mechwarriors. We have our new TS server up and running. cgbi.mainvoice.info p/w is cgb. This is open to all clan ghost bear warriors, any loyalist units can organise to set up a permanent presence. We care hoping to get all loyal ghost bears to work together for the upcoming phase 3 of faction warfare. Sign up today at www.ghost-bear-command.com

Edited by The Kodiak, 16 March 2016 - 11:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users