Is Fire Control Considered A Cheat

26 replies to this topic

#21 BrianZX2

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:14 PM

VOIP is provided by the devs so using a 3rd party tool is fine, at that point its about choice. If the devs added firecontrol features but some people preferred to use firecontrol over the dev's solution then that would be the same situation. But the devs don't provide firecontrol features so its not the same.

#22 Naaaaak

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:26 AM

Fire Control equalizes the playing field for people who don't buy 1%er mice and run fancy drivers. It's also personally essential for me; I have carpal tunnel and this helps my disability when I want to dakka.

#23 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:19 AM

View PostBrianZX2, on 18 February 2016 - 03:14 PM, said:

VOIP is provided by the devs so using a 3rd party tool is fine, at that point its about choice.

So by that logic, if you used TeamSpeak before the devs put VOIP into MWO, that would not be fine.

If the devs added firecontrol features but some people preferred to use firecontrol over the dev's solution then that would be the same situation. But the devs don't provide firecontrol features so its not the same.

Yes they do. Chain Fire is in the game already, it's just so bad as to be useless.

Wedging a piece of paper into the keyboard to toggle TAG is also a "Third Party Tool".

As mentioned by others, the software that comes with mice or joysticks is a third party tool - one that is quite capable of doing what FC does.

#24 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:52 AM

View PostIronClaws, on 30 January 2016 - 05:55 PM, said:

I only consider macros unsportsmanlike because they allow you to press keys faster than you (most likely) could physically.

This I agree with. Have you guys seen the Macro that is used for a 3 AC2 mech? Its nasty. It basically removes the latency from the built in chainfire.

Check the cool vid here:

What I will say as far as if this is legal or not.....I think its outside the spirit of the game but not illegal. Honestly, anyone can get Fire Control for free and use it. So there is no advantage as anyone CAN use it. Again, outside of the spirit of the game, but not illegal.

#25 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:25 AM

It's not "nasty", its under-powered. Read some of my comments on that video for the maths as to why chain fire (even with a macro) is inferior to alpha striking.

As to "outside of the spirit of the game" - bear in mind that if you mount 3xAC2 on a mech and use chain fire without using Fire Control, then you are wasting tonnage. There is zero point to mounting more than one AC2 if you use normal chain fire, as the fire rate is the same for 1xAC2 and 100xAC2.
So yeah, if the "Spirit of the game" is to make a suppression build such as chain fired AC2s totally pointless, count me out.

#26 IVIr Fallout

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:03 AM

if anything PGI were gust like. "Hey somebody did our job for us an fixed an issue with our game." Less time an money they have to spend the better for them it means all the bigger pay bonus.

#27 FrankenHammer

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 01:59 PM

Can anyone share with me the Evil C firectrl zip. My app got corrupted some how

Thx.. I will share an email address if you can share

Thx!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users