If you owned the domain MechSpecs.com what.....

21 replies to this topic

#21 Boredom

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:34 AM

View PostKitLightning, on 06 December 2011 - 10:02 PM, said:

hnn me too but I sincerely hate Flash as a platform to construct site designs by. Its cumbersome and to much coding involved.

Flash uses a type of Object Based Programming / Visual Studio with a simple to use IDE. If you can't get it to work, that's because you REFUSED TO TRY.

Sure the graphics and fussy effects that can be made via Flash is pretty and shiny, but, to much coding involved for my taste.

Flash is the ANTITHESIS of coding.

Do you want something to fade out? Then you add in a few frames of it fading out and then simply call those frames. It's like skipping around in a movie to "see the movie you wanted to see." Let alone the IDE is BLOODY GOOD and easily handles all these elements at once.

Also that I have seen one to many failed site making my browser(s) scream or just wait decades before the content loads properly,

This is where it's obvious you're trolling.

Flash loads ALL (incorporated) MEDIA before "playing".
DHTML loads media UPON BEING CALLED. (By default)

Let alone how incompetent Web Developers are! They don't proof their "HTML Sources", they simply test in the latest browsers if it works. UNFORTUNATELY, the latest browsers also have a bit of "ignore incompetence" programmed in and what happens is that Web Devs often make sites improperly, but only care about it rendering in the "popular browsers."

This means that third party browsers that are standards compliant but don't have the "ignore incompetence" code occasionally render sites incorrectly.

There is to much useless **** implemented in the latter version of Flash to my knowledge.

There's too much useless "****" implemented in HTML.

Javascript was for small "apps" that would be faster to process client side than server side.

What we use it for now is to reduce server load to save rich companies money at the expense of the user. (in other words, it's faster to process the information server side, but cheaper to hand it down to the client).

Now they want to have Quicktime in HTML5 (It IS apple's codec...)

This is all stemming from a language that was designed to display formatted text... not provide multimedia entertainment. (It can, but there are easier ways).

I shunt at Flash based sites, that the implemented elements can easily be embedded with small rather dirty codes.

Are you SERIOUSLY trying to claim that Flash spreads viruses? I haven't heard that argument since Firefox n00bs tried to rationalize not having flash support. (And once they got it, they forgot those arguments.)

Does firefox have security holes?
YES!

Does flash have security holes?
YES!

Does linux have security holes?
YES!

(see a pattern?)
Everything can potentially spread a virus... claiming that Flash is somehow "more virus spreading" is the same ignorance that firefox users used against IE. (Now, firefox DOES treat you like a complete ***** while IE assumed you have half a braincell [I.E. Adjusting security setting in firefox is absurdly difficulty (about:config). Adjusting them in IE is easy... but the people who use it tend to turn all security off])

Look, people can misuse flash (though, it tries everything to make you use it the right way) just as they can misuse HTML (uhh... and do). They can make silly arguments about how mixing XHTML with HTML is good because the browser ignores the improperly used XHTML tag... or embed a movie for their flash animations rather than use flash to animate.

But the fact is, DHTML is generally never used properly. People don't precache their media, they don't test across multiple browsers... they just shove it all together and call it done... and it's not even like it's an improvement. DHTML CAN be very powerful, but it is also fairly difficult to use (especially without an IDE) [and consider that you have to write your own memory routines, unless you're going to say 'well, if you can't run it you suck'].

Still, you should have HONESTLY used flash before. Not tinkered in it, not just run the program and claim it was too difficult, not even having made one small thing... because you don't sound as if you're speaking from experience... but rather as if you're making this all up or regurgitating what others have told you.

Edited by Boredom, 07 December 2011 - 12:43 AM.

#22 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:53 AM

anddddddddddddddddddddddddd this is where we put this to rest since we have clearly gone waaaaaaaaay off topic!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users