Two Random Questions

14 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:14 PM

Technically I'm a returning player, not a new one - but these are basically new-ish player questions:

(1) Is there any easy way to find and move modules? Or has it gotten easier?

Or do I have to go back to using and updating a spreadsheet?
[Rant about module cost for my 50 mechs deleted--although is it just me or have c-bill earnings increased a lot?]

and

(2) Is there an easy way to ignore individual players in game yet?

Barring that, can you hotkey turning chat on/off?

Otherwise I'll probably end up turning all chat off some game and forgetting to ever turn it on again. Which is a shame because in 20+ games, there have only been a grand total of two people I would have put on ignore. The other 478 were fine or tolerable. Some even were typing useful things.

I haven't seen a way for any of this, but then again it took me 4 minutes to figure out how to change Artemis on a mech :-).

/Random

#2 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:21 PM

View PostDanNashe, on 30 January 2016 - 10:14 PM, said:

Technically I'm a returning player, not a new one - but these are basically new-ish player questions:

Or do I have to go back to using and updating a spreadsheet?
[Rant about module cost for my 50 mechs deleted--although is it just me or have c-bill earnings increased a lot?]

and

Barring that, can you hotkey turning chat on/off?

Otherwise I'll probably end up turning all chat off some game and forgetting to ever turn it on again. Which is a shame because in 20+ games, there have only been a grand total of two people I would have put on ignore. The other 478 were fine or tolerable. Some even were typing useful things.

I haven't seen a way for any of this, but then again it took me 4 minutes to figure out how to change Artemis on a mech :-).

/Random

1.) Nope. Came up in the Town Hall yesterday, I think, at the end. Let me paraphrase:

"Pfft! Whu?..."

2.) Pretty sure you can left-click a player's name in the TAB screen that shows all 24 in-game, and there's a dropdown menu that allows you to block or report. GO NUTS!

WELCOME BACK, by the way.

#3 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:28 PM

Ah, excellent, thank you!
Glad I asked!

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:46 PM

One other thing, if you're still looking at this thread. If you choose to block (synonymous with 'ignore' in this case) a player, they show up at the bottom of your Friends List as having been Blocked. It even shows in a useful Red color. So at least you can unblock if for some reason they've gained reason to not be blocked anymore. :)

~D. V. "At least it isn't a lockout you can't control later." Devnull

#5 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:12 AM

View PostDanNashe, on 30 January 2016 - 10:14 PM, said:

1) to more easily find modules on the Mech select screen click on a Mech then expand the Mech Stats (bottom to the right of the Mech select window)then scroll down to modules, then you can just click on each of your Mechs until you see the module you are looking for, note if you have a lot of Mechs that will still take a while.

2) sorry but no, you can mute specific players voice in game by clicking on the speaker icon next to their name on the team list (start/end of match screen or hold down tab during a match)

#6 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:08 AM

Also, if you are sharing modules between two mechs, feel free to open the loadout and move it over even if the first mech is still in a game in progress. You can save the loadout and use any equipment removed in another mech. Super handy for XL engines and modules if you are quick fire dropping or you died super early in the match :).

#7 Scyther

• 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:56 PM

One method that was suggested to me for locating/reviewing modules:

Click Home, Inventory, Battlemechs. You get a 1-line-per-mech list of all your mechs.

Click on a mech, it brings up a small window to the right showing modules and equipment on that mech.

So, locating is not bad, problem is you can't shift/remove them from that window.

PGI really needs to revamp the whole clunky '1-module costs as much as a 'mech, they have to be removed/reslotted each time you change mechs, no way to save configs, no easy way to locate/free up modules'.

I mean seriously, this is intern-level programming, not something you need to be a rocket surgeon for.

#8 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:31 PM

we really need a strip all modules or cockpit items button already. . .

#9 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:42 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 31 January 2016 - 06:31 PM, said:

we really need a strip all modules or cockpit items button already. . .

We have one. (Though I suspect that post was at least a little bit disingenuous.)

I don't like to do that, though. I leave my CONSUMABLES on every mech, and have them all set to auto-replace when they're used. As for the mech and weapon modules, though, I'd sure like to be able to grab them without having to load the mech in mech lab, change the loadout, SAVE the loadout, load the NEXT mech in mechlab, change ITS loadout, and save the loadout. It's time consuming, and honestly could have been implemented better.

I think there was something said about it in the TH, but it didn't feel like it's going to get a lot of attention any time soon.

#10 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:12 PM

View PostTheRAbbi, on 31 January 2016 - 06:42 PM, said:

I think there was something said about it in the TH, but it didn't feel like it's going to get a lot of attention any time soon.

well there are far more pressing matters

#11 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,728 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:20 PM

Choose a mech, hoover mouse over mech to see what they modules they have (upper right corner). No need to actually click on each mech. Like below. Then move your mouse from one mech to the other, no need to click. If any modules are equipped, they will appear in the upper right, right below the jump jets listing but above the graphing.

Posted Image

#12 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:36 PM

View PostTheRAbbi, on 30 January 2016 - 10:21 PM, said:

1.) Nope. Came up in the Town Hall yesterday, I think, at the end. Let me paraphrase:

"Pfft! Whu?..."

Actually, the transcript I read says the devs are working on better ways to locate and move modules is on the horizon soon.tm

#13 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:51 PM

Yup. We've heard "on the horizon" before.

I <3 PGI. They're a relatively accessible-to-the-players developer, and that's not common (Google: UbiSoft, aka the crack ****** who destroyed the Tom Clancy franchise in their pathetic hopes of a Hollywood deal). But remember, too, that we've heard it before, and they've got a LOT of irons in the fire right now. If it wasn't a hard commitment to at least a MONTH, if not a solid DATE, then it's as good as saying, "Hey, remember how long it took us to roll out CW Phase I?"

Hopeful. Not holding my breath, though.

#14 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:56 PM

Excellent, that helps a lot. Mousing over 49 mechs is a lot less work than going into the inventory.

Although to be fair, I can usually narrow it down to about 10 mechs I actually use a lot. I look forward to PGI figuring out how to add a "favorites" button next to the "Special" button on the UI. In the townhall I think he was about 80% there off the top of his head. Now all they need to figure out is where to put the little outline of a star you can click on and have it fill in yellow to favorite a mech, and they're golden. [Top right above the skill wings maybe?]

[Oddly I have 58 Mech Bays and 49 mechs. I must have done some ruthless cutting at some point. It looks like I ditched a jenner, a raven, and two spiders. Maybe a mechbay sale? I've never touched CW and I almost never sell mechs (I still have my little 2d from my early days, still not mastered!] And where did this Thunderbolt and Atlas AS7-S(L) come from . . . ]

#15 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:28 PM

Loyalty Mechs. (Hence the (L))

PGI sometimes gives out free mechs with their own mechbays to folks who gave em monies.

~Leone.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users