- - - - -

Module Skill Questions

4 replies to this topic

#1 Adrikk

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:32 AM

I just unlocked my HBK-4J module slot for 21,500xp, now when trying to buy modules in the mechlab, the options are all listed as locked.

What am I missing? What do I need to do still to start using modules? I haven't unlocked the module slots for 2 more HBK's

#2 Ian Bones

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:35 AM

You need to unlock modules for GXP (General XP) in the Skill-Tab before you can buy them in the Mechlab.

#3 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:47 AM

View PostAdrikk, on 31 January 2016 - 08:32 AM, said:

I just unlocked my HBK-4J module slot for 21,500xp, now when trying to buy modules in the mechlab, the options are all listed as locked.

What am I missing? What do I need to do still to start using modules? I haven't unlocked the module slots for 2 more HBK's

What you unlocked was the "Master" module slot. It's a unique slot that each mech possesses only one of. It can fit weapon modules, or mech modules.

To actually unlock modules, you have to go to the "Skills" tab, and select "Pilot" skills, and from there, unlock the weapon/mech/consumable modules you want to use in your mechs.

The actual modules that you buy in the mechbay are not mech dependent, they can be swapped around between all your mechs (which is part of why they are so ridonculously expensive.

#4 Adrikk

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:16 AM

What you unlocked was the "Master" module slot. It's a unique slot that each mech possesses only one of. It can fit weapon modules, or mech modules.

To actually unlock modules, you have to go to the "Skills" tab, and select "Pilot" skills, and from there, unlock the weapon/mech/consumable modules you want to use in your mechs.

The actual modules that you buy in the mechbay are not mech dependent, they can be swapped around between all your mechs (which is part of why they are so ridonculously expensive.

I see what you mean, thanks. Gonna be a long time before my mechs fully decked out. Thanks for the information.

#5 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:07 PM

View PostAdrikk, on 31 January 2016 - 09:16 AM, said:

I see what you mean, thanks. Gonna be a long time before my mechs fully decked out. Thanks for the information.

Happy to help.

I recommend getting mechs before modules, and if you ever decide to get mech modules, then get one specific to your role

These are organized by priority frist to last, most important to least important.

sniper: Advanced Zoom, Target Info Gathering, Seismic Sensor (if your positioning is half good, you really won't need seismic in a sniper)

LRM boat: Advanced Target Decay, Seismic Sensor, Target Info Gathering (positioning can solve the need for Seismic, but LRM boats tend to hang back anyways, so it's very important here.

Brawler: Radar Deprivation, Seismic Sensor, Target Info Gathering.

Skirmisher: Radar Deprivation, Seismic Sensor, Target Info Gathering.

Spotter/scout: Advanced Sensor Range, Advanced Target Decay, Radar Deprivation (generally speaking, spotters tend to have ECM, so Radar Dep is low on the priority list)

Assault and Conquest are two match types where getting Capture Accelerator is actually a valid choice.

However, predominantly speaking, Radar Deprivation is the first module to get, since it works for almost every role.

EDIT: If you have any other questions, about anything, including why each module is in its location ... etc. I'd be happy to help.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 01 February 2016 - 10:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users