9 replies to this topic

#1 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:17 PM

Have they been moved today as my ping time has dropped drastically yesterday it was 230-250 and today its yellow (first time i've ever seen yellow bars) and its 139?

To be honest thanks if you did its way closer now if not weird as i've jumped down 100 ms which i cannot explain.. if the servers did not move..

Either way if so thanks heaps for this change.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:21 PM

Oceanic server did move around quite a while ago. I use to have 300+ ping in Oceanic but starting from some months ago it became around 100.

#3 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:33 PM

Weird but i've been playing since before christmas and till today it was 230-250 now today its 130?

#4 StealthdragonB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:39 PM

Yeah that’s what the oceanic server is like, it used to be around 90-130 for me until it jumped up to 300, which made it worse than NA despite supposedly being much further. I’m guessing what your seeing here is the server returning to ‘normal.’ I always thought it just had to do with the location of the server, which is more Singapore than Australia from what I remember and assumed it had to do with stuff like damaged cables.

#5 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:17 AM

Curious... be nice if that continues. I normally have it unticked due to massive spikes and generally being noticibly worse than NA

#6 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:48 AM

View PostSamial, on 13 January 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

Have they been moved today as my ping time has dropped drastically yesterday it was 230-250 and today its yellow (first time i've ever seen yellow bars) and its 139?

To be honest thanks if you did its way closer now if not weird as i've jumped down 100 ms which i cannot explain.. if the servers did not move..

Either way if so thanks heaps for this change.

http://status.vocus....?IncidentID=387

The cable between AU and Singapore was broken again late last year for the 2nd time inside of 4 months.

I believe it was repaired or meant to be in the last 24hrs. Hence you will notice a drop from AU to Singapore where the MWO servers are.

They have not been moved recently or otherwise. Russ said he would look into moving it to AU but that was really a token statement as the AU hosting is astronomically expensive compared to Singapore, so it will never move.

#7 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:39 AM

Hmm thanks guys those cables seem to break a lot huh, well either way finally a some what normal ping time.

#8 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:25 PM

Yes finally my local servers are giving me around 100 ping instead of 275, thanks for that PGI :)

#9 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:59 PM

View PostStealthdragonB, on 13 January 2018 - 11:39 PM, said:

which is more Singapore than Australia

Oceanic region encompasses a lot more than just Australia.

#10 l33tworks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:00 AM

Dunno why you guys are thankimg pgi thank your isp for choosing the shortest route to singapore. The cable was repaired thats why ping dropped

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users