Mercstar Charity Invitation, Cw Phase 3 Meeting, And A Wolf Team Speak Hub

36 replies to this topic

#21 MercJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:39 PM

Perhaps each topic would be better served by separate posts; it's generally difficult to discuss three topics in one thread and not have it derail.

Not a problem - it's a good cause, both for the charity event and hopefully for the improvement of Clan Wolf.

I just wanted to help. I don't post in the forums much, so I'm not sure where the personal attacks are coming from or that they're necessary. It's a bit frustrating to dedicate some time and energy to help others and be told it's "silly" and "pointless." That hasn't been my experience when assisting new players.

(Blueduck, there is a block function as well, if you don't wish to have any input from me. I feel my points have been in the best interest of those involved, but you're free to do what is necessary.)

#22 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:45 AM

Not playing Merc, shoo shoo

View PostBjorn Bekker, on 02 February 2016 - 08:51 PM, said:

Got a paycheck coming in the next few weeks. I'll make sure to drop a good chunk of change on it. I work with a fellow veteran student who is currently undergoing treatment for the first stages of MS.

BTW Bjorn, stop by our TS when you get a chance. I need to get you tagged and your permissions set up. It would probably also be a good idea for you to get a couple of sparring games in with us so we can get used to eachother's styles.

Edited by Blueduck, 03 February 2016 - 05:44 AM.

#23 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:21 AM

Okay. I should be able to drop by some time tonight.

#24 MercJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:38 AM

Not playing Duck, shoo shoo. Unless you have a point to make or care to contribute to the discussion. You haven't responded to any of my concerns other than "go away."

(Shoo shoo!? What's the point of such a statement?? Honestly? If you don't want to hear from me, I've provided a solution. No need for further engagement - your comments only serve to put others down, not to further discussion. I have as much right to comment on the forums as anyone else, post count doesn't somehow validate one person over another.)

To continue the conversation, I take it, since AW0L may or may not be a loyalist Wolf unit, that your invitation does not extend to us?

Edited by MercJ, 03 February 2016 - 08:38 AM.

#25 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:55 AM

View PostMercJ, on 03 February 2016 - 08:38 AM, said:

Not playing Duck, shoo shoo. Unless you have a point to make or care to contribute to the discussion. You haven't responded to any of my concerns other than "go away."

(Shoo shoo!? What's the point of such a statement?? Honestly? If you don't want to hear from me, I've provided a solution. No need for further engagement - your comments only serve to put others down, not to further discussion. I have as much right to comment on the forums as anyone else, post count doesn't somehow validate one person over another.)

To continue the conversation, I take it, since AW0L may or may not be a loyalist Wolf unit, that your invitation does not extend to us?

His point was that he doesn't want to engage with you not that you aren't allowed to talk. though muzzling you doesn't seem that bad now.

#26 MercJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:00 AM

Fair enough. I apologize for bringing up what I thought were valid points, I was just doing my best to help. Best of luck in the charity!

View PostNaglinator, on 03 February 2016 - 09:55 AM, said:

His point was that he doesn't want to engage with you not that you aren't allowed to talk. though muzzling you doesn't seem that bad now.

Also, serious question: who is this? ^ I don't believe I've ever crossed paths with this one before, can you please explain your position? Which one of my points/statements are you referring to?

Edited by MercJ, 03 February 2016 - 12:11 PM.

#27 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:01 AM

View PostNaglinator, on 03 February 2016 - 09:55 AM, said:

No, his point is pretty much "shoo shoo" to anyone that doesn't agree with him, as evidenced across so many Blueduck threads in the past.

#28 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:30 PM

View PostMercJ, on 03 February 2016 - 08:38 AM, said:

Man I don't want to fight with you. The tournament is a charity event, if you'd like to contribute a player that would be fine by me.

Honestly nobody in my unit wants to fight with you guys. We have enjoyed trolling you a bit as we thought it was deserved given some of your posts when none of us were initially picking on you or angry at anyone.

I haven't posted anything mean or vindictive about you guys playing wolf again and hope you are doing well back in the clan fold and with whatever initiative you are working on.

If you'd care to send a player over for the tournament you're welcome to stop by our teamspeak and let us know who. Regardless I'm not going to get into a pissing war over the forums. I only provide information or troll as this is not a conducive medium for any sort of discussion.

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 03 February 2016 - 10:01 AM, said:

No, his point is pretty much "shoo shoo" to anyone that doesn't agree with him, as evidenced across so many Blueduck threads in the past.

Salt and tears really won't help you in your daily life man. Running around and liking everyone's posts that disagree with me aren't going to win you anything in the long run.

I have not once said anything crappy to you on here other than when you started bother some of my guys that didn't really want to talk to you anymore.

Just let it go and go have fun playing the game. I really have never had any interest in getting into a argument over the forums.

#29 MercJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:49 PM

This doesn't have anything to do with unit vs. unit anything, as far as I know. No-one in AW0L has any problems with any SWOL members either, unless they've specifically been allowed to smack-talk us - having no basis for "trolling" isn't entertaining in the least for anyone involved. It seems there is some division there though, as we can't have a discussion about legit topics without it being brought up at every turn.

Anyway, sounds like progress is being made in Wolf, which is the whole point! Hopefully we'll see you out on the battlefield, and best of luck with the event and phase 3 <o

#30 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:50 PM

View PostBlueduck, on 03 February 2016 - 06:30 PM, said:

Man I don't want to fight with you. The tournament is a charity event, if you'd like to contribute a player that would be fine by me.

Honestly nobody in my unit wants to fight with you guys. We have enjoyed trolling you a bit as we thought it was deserved given some of your posts when none of us were initially picking on you or angry at anyone.

I haven't posted anything mean or vindictive about you guys playing wolf again and hope you are doing well back in the clan fold and with whatever initiative you are working on.

If you'd care to send a player over for the tournament you're welcome to stop by our teamspeak and let us know who. Regardless I'm not going to get into a pissing war over the forums. I only provide information or troll as this is not a conducive medium for any sort of discussion.

Salt and tears really won't help you in your daily life man. Running around and liking everyone's posts that disagree with me aren't going to win you anything in the long run.

I have not once said anything crappy to you on here other than when you started bother some of my guys that didn't really want to talk to you anymore.

Just let it go and go have fun playing the game. I really have never had any interest in getting into a argument over the forums.

I don't think I have ever bothered any of "your guys", and I have lots of fun playing this game or I wouldn't be here. The forums are for discussion, but you seem to think you can just proclaim something, but when someone gives a counter-point, you dismiss it as "I don't want to argue about it"

MercJ's original point stands, why is there a need for SWOL's TS server to be the "Wolf Hub" when Strana Mechty TS exists? You say that you have no hidden motive to making SWOL's TS server the Wolf Hub because you are "Capped" for unit space, but every single thread that has someone asking about joining a Wolf unit has you replying "well, we have no room in our Wolf Unit, but please, please, PLEASE join our IS unit, and eventually we will make room in Wolf for you. I think that pretty much disproves any intention of being a "neutral" wolf hub.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 03 February 2016 - 06:54 PM.

#31 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:53 PM

Enough, children.

#32 MercJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:57 PM

Let me know if I'm out of line, and I'll absolutely retract my posts - I feel my points are valid though, and am just interested in any counter points. Not sure why anything has strayed from the topics at hand, I'm just trying to say I'm not sure, if there's solutions already available, what the interest would be in a faction hub.

#33 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:02 PM

How about you stop by our TeamSpeak Merc and we'll see what we can do. If you'd like to contribute a player to the charity event you're welcome to stop by and discuss.

If not that is cool too and we hope you enjoy your stint in wolf.

#34 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:31 PM

View PostMechregSurn, on 02 February 2016 - 08:25 PM, said:

So why is MS suddenly into charity?

It's not sudden. Most of us own Sarah's Jenner's too. And this is our 2nd or 3rd tourney IIRC. I've only been MS for about 2 months now.

#35 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:20 PM

All, the tournament has started. Please consider donating as it is a good cause.

#36 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:43 AM

We went 4-1 against BTD this week. We going against AIM next week which is a combination of players from ISEN, MM, and Antares Scorpions. We got a bye in the first week which gives us a total of 2 match set wins so far.

Please consider contributing a bit to the overall charity event and come out next week to support clan wolf. Next weeks game will be live streamed by MS and afterwards I'm going to participate in the MercStar round table to discuss the match. The team we're fighting is composed of some of the best players in the game so we'll try to make it respectable. xD

#37 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:37 AM

View PostMercJ, on 01 February 2016 - 07:15 AM, said:

Does no one use the Strana Mechty TS?

https://mwomercs.com...eak-hub-server/

Seems like a better option for coordinating defenses, etc. since it won't be exclusive to Wolf. While we still don't know much of the particulars of phase 3 other than a few mentions of "planets actually meaning something", what we do know doesn't seem to provide any bonuses to the factions, only to loyalist units, so being a clan hub shouldn't matter in any significant manner. It's a resource that's already available and stickied in the Clan Faction forums here.

If no one uses StranaMechty and Clan Wolf is truly interested in a faction-wide hub, why not build one from the ground up? A Clan Wolf hub should belong to the faction, not any particular unit. Wolf had 339 units and over 1,000 players in Twokayyid - what type of capacity are your members willing to sponsor? While I'd agree a central hub would be helpful, especially for new players, I'd argue that the resources already available aren't being utilized - why throw money at a solution that doesn't have any support yet?

A question for the new players: where do you go for information on MWO, and Community Warfare with Clan Wolf? What resources do you use? (Do you even use the forums? Posted Image ) How can we help?

The Alpha Wolves are spending this month trying to help out Wolf however we can, and we've definitely seen a need for something centralized - I wish we could find out directly from our new players what they need. Let us know how we can help, but I think it's worth checking into a little more before buying into a resource that may not be utilized.

CWDG has a privately hosted Wolf Hub available for any and all to use.

The current TS IP is 75.156.183.103

PW: deltacomms

We have open dropships, and a 512 man server. Anyone who wishes to use the Wolf Hub for CW, or anything else, is welcome to join us.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users