• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:37 AM

View PostDrnkJawa, on 02 February 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

what about the MX90 model for dakka?

It has 6 ballistic hardpoints with ballistic heat generation quirks. It is meant for hexa AC/2 if any Mech ever was :-)

I also run mine with a downsized engine and 5x AC/5. It lays down a continual hail of bullets and never overheats or jams... So things tend to die when they stand in front of it.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 02 February 2016 - 09:41 AM.

#22 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:44 AM

View PostVaegir Raiden, on 02 February 2016 - 07:21 AM, said:

SO a MULTIMILION company can't make things go instant on the same day FAIL....

I mean a company who stays in their own COMFORT zone without thinking about EU players

YOUR welcome, other publishers do things right...

YOUR simple spelling errors make it hard to take your complaint seriously.

YOU'RE welcome.

#23 Arkadash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWhere I'm needed

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:50 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 02 February 2016 - 09:04 AM, said:

I like all 4 but I feel like I use the 6E one the least. The 1R is great for quad UAC5, the MX90 has 6 ballistics so is a more exotic ballistic boat, and the 1P has the PPC quirks, so... 4 AC5s and 2 PPCs is pretty disgusting. The 6E 2B one has UAC jam chance quirks, I run it with 2 LPLs and 4MLs and 2 UAC5s, it seems to perform pretty well. Honestly, I like all of them, just look at the quirks and hardpoints and decide which ones suit you the best, tbh I think the 1P can run 4UAC5s as well as the 1R, but the 1R can do more missiles if you are in to that sort of thing.

Thanks for sharing your impressions. I can't wait to take these out for a spin!

#24 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:57 AM

View PostVaegir Raiden, on 02 February 2016 - 07:21 AM, said:

SO a MULTIMILION company can't make things go instant on the same day FAIL....

I mean a company who stays in their own COMFORT zone without thinking about EU players

YOUR welcome, other publishers do things right...

Depending where you are in the world I believe PGI operates on PST so that is why they release it then. PGI has stuck to this same concept, and if you are in a different time zone it is what it is. PGI can't make everyone happy all at the same time, and I'm sorry if you have a problem with that but you should be happy the mauler is available for cbillz at this point. They could hold the cbills release for a year if they really wanted to.

#25 TheMisled

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLocked in a brawl with another mech on some distant planet.

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:01 AM

The MX90 is the almighty god of dakka. You do not argue with 6 AC/5s. The 1R and 1P are also both very good mech. Honestly, these things have the potential to wield unholy amounts of firepower if done correctly. Can't wait to get my hands on the 2P

(Side Note: Remove the XL engines, running with them is essentially asking to be killed)

#26 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:28 AM

View PostDrnkJawa, on 02 February 2016 - 08:27 AM, said:

Because Mauler makes an Exe cry

No, it really doesn't.

#27 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:38 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 02 February 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

No, it really doesn't.

That's right. You cannot cry without a face.

No, though, Maulers seem to be an excellent swiss army Assault Mech. You can run 6 energy with missiles and ballistics, or 6 ballistics with energy and missiles, or 4 missiles with energy and ballistics... Also 4 ballistics and 4 EN, with missiles...

Pick your boat, and the Mauler will float it.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 02 February 2016 - 10:44 AM.

#28 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:05 PM

All maulers are pretty darn though, especially with STD engine. I almost cant believe it but the one (1R) with 4 missiles, 4 ballistics and two energy can cause havoc with 4 lrm 15 + art, 4 mg and a pair of medium lasers of all things. I do reaaaly well with that one.

Also try 4 uac 5 in the one with 4 ballistics (MX 90) or 6 ac 2. And there this energy focused one (2p) which do well with 4 x L pulse lasers. Also I like to use double AC 20 in the last variant (1p) with 4 x mg. It murders things up close (play opportunistic), so pray to any god for a close quarter combat map, its just terrible on open maps like Tourmaline or Polar..

And yeah, use standard engines! XL might work, but to have a though assault that can kick the atlas shiny metal behind occasionally or feast on dire whales, you NEED STD.

Edited by Tordin, 02 February 2016 - 12:07 PM.

#29 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:14 PM

I found the Maulers to be a bit slow, but they are assault mechs. Other than that they were okay.

The Hunchie IICs are a bit squishy. I found that even a light can take off your torsos in a few seconds, from the front. I've had a torso blown off from one very long range alpha from a medium or heavy (I didn't get a good look at it)...with front loaded armor at 100%. I've had my torso's blown off after peeking once around a corner for about a second. And in general I couldn't face anyone for more than a few seconds up close.

Most of my builds went towards long range, or high damage & low dps. So I could do damage without having to face tank anyone for any amount of time.

A large engine is advisable too. You can get more on them with a slightly smaller engine, but the speed and maneuverability that the bigger engine gives is invaluable. Especially when you need to torso twist fast to help spread damage.

However, after getting them elited they are a lot more fun and survivable. Plus there are some minor tweaks to them now which help somewhat. (I've only had the 0 variant out since the tweaks, and it seemed to be able to take a bit more punishment.)

#30 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:59 PM

Hunchie IICs are fun, the B is a Striker if you do not like that play, avoid it and get the Base, A and C, they all make good ranged fighters and ridge peekers exposing very little since side torso weapons are cockpit level. Probably the best ridge peekers of Clan Mediums.

Edited by Wildstreak, 02 February 2016 - 07:59 PM.

#31 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:19 AM

View PostDrnkJawa, on 02 February 2016 - 08:27 AM, said:

Because Mauler makes an Exe cry

COMPLETELY different play styles. EXE is a medium with a glandular disorder, but I like playing smaller mechs so it works out.

MASC getting a significant boost in the next patch is enticing. I've had sick games lately in my EXE-C(L) lately and fully intend to run it more once the patch drops. I've flirted with the Ace of Spades achievement more times in my EXE than anything else, which I never would have expected but I'm OK with that.

#32 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:07 AM

The Mauler can hurt !

Maybe time to give it a try...

#33 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:11 AM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 03 February 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

COMPLETELY different play styles. EXE is a medium with a glandular disorder, but I like playing smaller mechs so it works out.

MASC getting a significant boost in the next patch is enticing. I've had sick games lately in my EXE-C(L) lately and fully intend to run it more once the patch drops. I've flirted with the Ace of Spades achievement more times in my EXE than anything else, which I never would have expected but I'm OK with that.

Yeah, Koala is great! Can't wait to see that MASC Kodiak though, that thing will be an interesting beast....

#34 LegendaryArticuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 664 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:36 AM

Mauler seems like a poor man's Banshee.... also 90% of Maulers i've encountered just boat LRMs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users