Atlas - S : What Build Works For You?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Chill Bill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:09 AM

D-DC worked well for years but recently has lost some of it's edge (new maps, mechs, etc).
ECM is great but can only go so far.

"S" looks like the way to go. Looking for recommendations re: build (Artemis?, engine, AMS?, 4 ML's or go with bigger engine or LL's, etc).

What works best for you?

Thanks.

Edited by Chill Bill, 02 February 2016 - 08:11 AM.

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:53 AM

AC/20 (3 tons), ASRM24 (4-5 tons to taste), STD350. The MLs are a heat trap. If I go through that ammo, we should win.

Edited by TercieI, 02 February 2016 - 09:54 AM.

#3 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:23 AM

Yeah, the SRMs are the way to go for a serious build, but this one's a lot of fun:

AS7-S

4 MLs, AC20, 4 ALRM5s, AMS

Spam the lurms as you waddle forward, and then punch people hard in the face when you get close. You can drop a ton of lurm ammo (and/or the AMS, if you prefer) for more AC20 ammo or Heatsinks.

#4 1Grimbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,123 posts
  • Locationsafe. . . . . you'll never get me in my hidey hole.

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:24 PM

ac/20 plus 4 srm6 artemis and 2 mlas in torso... all other weight ammo and dble sinks it's a killer with the ac on the same trigger as the srm's, shave arm armor off 20 or so points each side and stick a big ole engine in there

#5 Chill Bill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:39 PM

Thanks all.
Appreciate the input.

#6 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:24 PM

View Post1Grimbane, on 02 February 2016 - 12:24 PM, said:

ac/20 plus 4 srm6 artemis and 2 mlas in torso... all other weight ammo and dble sinks it's a killer with the ac on the same trigger as the srm's, shave arm armor off 20 or so points each side and stick a big ole engine in there

This is what I prefer. I have tried the extra 2 MLs in the arms but most of the time they just generate too much heat and get caught on stuff anyway. I still like having a couple lasers around though for emergency situations (zombie capability).The one disadvantage of this though is it will be hard to shoot down UAVs with your lasers because of limited torso pitch. And sometimes no matter how many times you call the UAV out your team.

SRM 24 with artemis and no ghost heat is simply brutal. Paired with an AC/20, you're going to punch through anything at close range and have decent survivability if you're spreading damage. Of course, getting close to those high face-time big DPS clan mechs is hard, but if you do, lord watch that Dire Wolf melt.

Edited by Takashi Uchida, 02 February 2016 - 06:25 PM.

#7 1Grimbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,123 posts
  • Locationsafe. . . . . you'll never get me in my hidey hole.

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:24 AM

View PostTakashi Uchida, on 02 February 2016 - 06:24 PM, said:

This is what I prefer. I have tried the extra 2 MLs in the arms but most of the time they just generate too much heat and get caught on stuff anyway. I still like having a couple lasers around though for emergency situations (zombie capability).The one disadvantage of this though is it will be hard to shoot down UAVs with your lasers because of limited torso pitch. And sometimes no matter how many times you call the UAV out your team.

SRM 24 with artemis and no ghost heat is simply brutal. Paired with an AC/20, you're going to punch through anything at close range and have decent survivability if you're spreading damage. Of course, getting close to those high face-time big DPS clan mechs is hard, but if you do, lord watch that Dire Wolf melt.

yes sir if you land all that on anything smaller than an assault next shot will kill it

fun to watch lights run past get hit with that and fall on their heads

Edited by 1Grimbane, 03 February 2016 - 02:24 AM.

#8 Mr Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 141 posts
  • LocationIn a Shadowhawk

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:04 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b0a17b47ee5feab this works for me standard 345, AC/20, 2 ML, 4 SRM 6 14 DHS 4 tons of ammo for the AC, 4.5 for the missiles 3 points off each leg. oh and this;

Edited by Mr Hunter, 25 January 2017 - 05:09 AM.

#9 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:10 AM

View PostChill Bill, on 02 February 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

D-DC worked well for years but recently has lost some of it's edge (new maps, mechs, etc).
ECM is great but can only go so far.

"S" looks like the way to go. Looking for recommendations re: build (Artemis?, engine, AMS?, 4 ML's or go with bigger engine or LL's, etc).

What works best for you?

Thanks.

I honestly advise against this build, unless you like deleting one opponent at a time, and dancing on the 99% heat threshold.

A7-S Juggernaut

That's my Juggernaut build.

You can drop all the lasers, and one ton of armor, to upgrade to a STD 350, which will put you at a scary 61 Kph.

#10 JunkyardJack

• PipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:29 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 03 February 2016 - 10:10 AM, said:

A7-S Juggernaut

That's my Juggernaut build.

You can drop all the lasers, and one ton of armor, to upgrade to a STD 350, which will put you at a scary 61 Kph.

Tried this, was great fun! Just a little hot for me and I really like having those two MLs in the CT for zombie and extra pin point when I hug someone.

#11 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:40 PM

View PostTakashi Uchida, on 02 February 2016 - 06:24 PM, said:

I just ran a few games with no lasers. You know what, in exchange for two heat sinks or two tons of ammo, I think I like having the medium lasers on, just using them sparingly. They are handy for disuading lights or if you need a dependable hitscan weapon to finish off a mech. I would use them in your initial clash and when you are relatively heat-neutral, but lay off for sustained close range combat because the heat is probably better spent on your AC20/SRMs. It's pretty fun with just the AC20 and missiles tho! AC20 right click, SRMs left click. Simple and deadly.

#12 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:05 PM

View PostTercieI, on 02 February 2016 - 09:53 AM, said:

AC/20 (3 tons), ASRM24 (4-5 tons to taste), STD350. The MLs are a heat trap. If I go through that ammo, we should win.

^This.

It has 4M for a reason. And its not for LRMs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users