- - - - -

How To Fix Flickering?

8 replies to this topic

#1 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:32 AM

Is there a way to fix Flickering ? ( Its like game not rendering fast enough ) Some parts of terrain flicker, sometimes going invisible . It usually happens in specific places so there might be problems with map gltiches . Like on Frozen City that hill on the left always has invisible corner when I look from the distance .

I have I7 2.8 ,GTX660, 12 gig ram . Game settings do not seem to make any difference .

My drivers are updated .

Its been doing that for years . I never found a way to fix it .

Is anyone else having same issues ? Maybe its just their engine . I recently reinstalled game on steam so all files should be updated

Any ideas ?

Edited by MadCat02, 02 February 2016 - 10:39 AM.

#2 Darkspart3n

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Rim

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:38 AM

If you are talking about your whole screen flickering you may want to double check your drivers and in game settings, as for buildings, land, ramps or objects you need to realize that MWO uses a range based rendering system that increases the detail of objects as you get close to them. This system is not flawless and sometimes make terrain or buildings flicker, if this happens just screenshot the area and post on the feedback section of the forum so that they can take a look at it. Also the lower your graphics settings the higher chance you will have of objects at distance not lining their hitboxes up with the textures you are seeing.

~Dark

#3 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:41 AM

View PostDarkspart3n, on 02 February 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

If you are talking about your whole screen flickering you may want to double check your drivers and in game settings, as for buildings, land, ramps or objects you need to realize that MWO uses a range based rendering system that increases the detail of objects as you get close to them. This system is not flawless and sometimes make terrain or buildings flicker, if this happens just screenshot the area and post on the feedback section of the forum so that they can take a look at it. Also the lower your graphics settings the higher chance you will have of objects at distance not lining their hitboxes up with the textures you are seeing.

~Dark

Do you know which graphic option specifically responsible for alignment ?

It is rather odd because I don't see that level of rendering problems in other games .

Edited by MadCat02, 02 February 2016 - 10:43 AM.

#4 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:43 AM

Dunno.. I'm running a fairly new rig

i7-5820
980ti w/6GB GDDR5
16GB DDR4
SSD

And I get the odd flickering of terrain off and on during a match. Nothing major like, more like bits of water or ground at a distance sorta gets off-white-ish then is back to crisp sharp graphics. Really odd... I do run ultra and high one everything and still getting 50 - 60 fps over 3 monitors so dunno but yes, I get it too at times. *shrugs*

#5 Darkspart3n

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Rim

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:46 AM

View PostMadCat02, on 02 February 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

Do you know which graphic option specifically responsible for alignment ?

I can't really help you there, I have not tested what options control that as there is obviously no separate option. I would recommend trying out the texture settings as they would probably be linked directly with their own render distance. Also check your Nvidia control panel and put your max pre-rendered frame to 2 or 3 (this WILL increase your screen latency but it helps with stuttering) and if you are running the Multi-frame anti-aliasing you may want to try running with that off as well.

#6 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:48 AM

View PostDarkspart3n, on 02 February 2016 - 10:46 AM, said:

I can't really help you there, I have not tested what options control that as there is obviously no separate option. I would recommend trying out the texture settings as they would probably be linked directly with their own render distance. Also check your Nvidia control panel and put your max pre-rendered frame to 2 or 3 (this WILL increase your screen latency but it helps with stuttering) and if you are running the Multi-frame anti-aliasing you may want to try running with that off as well.

Worth a try .

Thx

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:56 PM

I should mention that despite how the game fails to inform you of this... the settings do not truly take effect until AFTER restarting the game.

If you change from high to low or low to high settings in terms of textures, meshes, terrain, etc. you will encounter Z-flutter flicker issues until restarting the game entirely.

Edited by Koniving, 02 February 2016 - 02:57 PM.

#8 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:32 PM

For clarity, can you get it on video? Or at least some screen grabs?

#9 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:20 PM

Also, if you change a bunch of texture options, probably best to go into the repair tool and delete your shader cache.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users