In-Game Voice Comms

5 replies to this topic

#1 Remillard

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:32 PM

The behavior of this feature seems very spotty. I've had it work once that I know of. Other times when I push the PTT button (usually during "ready" phase) the icon does not light up.

Does MWO not play well with Mumble/TS/Ventrilo or anything else that might lay claim to the microphone channel? If a program had used that but was shutdown, is MWO not able to gain access to it?

In short, what is going on?

#2 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:41 PM

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I don't have another voip client installed so that is not the issue. When I can bothered to do so, going into the games audio settings and disabling and re-enabling voip sometimes fixes it.

#3 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:43 PM

Are you using wireless/Bluetooth, or USB headset? These all have a history of sometimes spotty or inconsistent results. (I recently had a post up to help me decide what sort of new headset to buy so learned a lot).

{edit - Bilbo beat me to it..... } One thing that I occasionally need to do if my in-game stops working (and some folks apparently have to do this every time they start the game) is in your audio settings... turn off voip and save, then immediately go back to audio settings, re-check voip and save. For most, this gets in-game working again.

I can say that, in my regular experience (meaning I do this 5-6 nights a week) MWO plays very nicely with both Mumble and TeamSpeak 3. I have mine set up such that MWO is hotkeyed push-to-talk, mumble or TS3 is using the same hotkey but set to push-to-mute, and finally mumble/TS3 set to voice active chat.

That should give you a nice way to chat with your team in mumble/TS3 but be able to also use in-game if needed.

Edited by Morggo, 02 February 2016 - 01:44 PM.

#4 Scifi Toughguy

• PipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:44 PM

I'm with you guys. I'd love for the ingame VOIP to work consistently. Mine used to but a few patches ago I gots nothing.

#5 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:32 PM

funny, I stopped having this issue with the last patch.

#6 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:36 PM

Stick with TS. Fewer trolly-salty-ragey comments.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users