Mwo Is The Best Stealth Game Of 2016

No replies to this topic

#1 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:23 PM

I've been feeling stealthy today. I started running some Arctic cheetahs and doing flanking runs, killing LRM boats that hide behind people, attacking stragglers, cutting up some people through cracks between buildings, that sort of thing.

But I found I wanted more firepower, more armor, and most of the time the speed of the ACH wasn't really a requirement.

So I went and brought out the Hellbringer with a 48 point alpha strike of 6 MPLs. I felt I still wanted to keep the ECM and knew the extra firepower and armor would come in handy. I was able to flank enemies without being spotted and bring a high amount of kills without putting out much damage overall.

I felt that I could try without the ECM for the sake of even more firepower and armor and went with the Executioner. I had 6 SPLs and 2 LPLs.

I started up on Caustic Valley and the first thing I did was turn away from the rest of the lance and start a wide loop around to the back side of the enemy team. I found a spot about 500m behind the enemy position with some decent cover and started up my attack. I started with just taking a few pot shots on the backs of the enemy assault mechs, with the large pulse lasers and got away before they would see me.

After killing off a Blackjack I attracted the attention of a Grasshopper, after a good brawl I came out on top with my armor in the orange. Things started getting hairy around this part though, I managed to take out a mauler when a cicada, ACH, and jenner iic decided to swarm me. Luckily for me I had just enough armor and they were pretty beat up. After a few strikes from my arm mounted SPLs they were destroyed, my CT was cherry red, and there was only one enemy left around 1 KM away that the rest of my team was dealing with.

It was a pretty fun match, a good victory with 6 kills, felt like a fun match with having to make sure I wasn't seen when attacking, quickly deal with witnesses, and make sure to help the team without being near them. It was like some sort of stealth game, lots of fun. I didn't just have Jesus box to save me, and really had to rely on cover and quickness all while in a 95 ton assault mech. I had long and close range weapons and some tools to use in the case of a UAV and an airstrike, seismic sensors and radar derp help out a lot too.

If you are looking for something challenging, different, and fun try out some flanking runs with a fast moving assault, you might be surprised... for better or worse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users