Why Would You Start A Double Xp Event On The Day Of...

29 replies to this topic

#21 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:36 AM

View PostTercieI, on 04 February 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

Meh. I use GXP on every mech I level. Heat unlocks at least, more for assaults and painful variants. I can't remember the last time I didn't convert on one of these weekends.

wait, the heat things are 1750 XP, that is mostly the first win or two decent losses without premium. Why waste GXP on those?

On the other Hand I sit on 350k GXP with no real purpose... but I somehow refuse to spend it on leveling mechs, that seems like a waste...

#22 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:37 AM

View PostSandpit, on 04 February 2016 - 10:30 AM, said:

That's fine for someone who wants to spend money on exp, but the majority of players don't. So for those players, exp becomes completely useless after a period of time.

There's absolutely nothing I need exp for. Nothing.
There's nothing I WANT exp for. Nothing.

There's nothing to spend it on. I can basic a mech without double exp events within an hour typically. Sometimes 2 hours if I'm just having a bad run of games. A single winning match with a decent score from me is enough to get the heat skills unlocked, then it's just about 1-2 games for every skill after that at most.

I'm not knocking the event, events like this are great, especially for new players, but realistically exp is pointless and useless to me because there's nothing to spend it on and I'm not going to spend my MC on converting it to "gen exp"

So for me personally, double exp is no incentive to play any more than I woudl normally. There's plenty of players like that. Not because it's a bad event, but because PGI has failed to implement anything in the past 2 years to spend it on.

And that's fine, but that's different than "pretty much pointless." Some players hate leveling mechs and find there's a lot of point to these events. (I'm somewhere in the middle, I like the experience of leveling a mech, but like to take the edge off of the really painful part at the beginning, FWIW).

View Post627, on 04 February 2016 - 10:36 AM, said:

wait, the heat things are 1750 XP, that is mostly the first win or two decent losses without premium. Why waste GXP on those?

On the other Hand I sit on 350k GXP with no real purpose... but I somehow refuse to spend it on leveling mechs, that seems like a waste...

Just to take the edge off and because I have the GXP. I actually don't convert a lot, just some on sale. I take assaults all the way through basic and really unpleasant variants through speed tweak usually.

I know a number of very good players who GXP through elites on almost everything.

Edited by TercieI, 04 February 2016 - 10:39 AM.

#23 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:41 AM

View Post627, on 04 February 2016 - 10:36 AM, said:

Mainly because I want to play the game in a mech that is going to behave the same from the first drop I take in it to the last. I despise grinding.

#24 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:52 AM

View PostTercieI, on 04 February 2016 - 10:37 AM, said:

And that's fine, but that's different than "pretty much pointless."

It is pretty much pointless to me (as I stated) and players like me. That's why I try to avoid making silly blanket statements ;)

#25 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:55 AM

View PostSandpit, on 04 February 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:

It is pretty much pointless to me (as I stated) and players like me. That's why I try to avoid making silly blanket statements ;)

Considering my current buying and playing habits, I suspect I'll be joining you after today's conversion. Really should earn enough to keep pace going forward now that I've basically leveled my back garage.

#26 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:59 AM

View PostTercieI, on 04 February 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

Considering my current buying and playing habits, I suspect I'll be joining you after today's conversion. Really should earn enough to keep pace going forward now that I've basically leveled my back garage.

What I'm really trying to say I guess is that PGI needs to get off its *** and do something in areas like this. The whole "boohoo we're a small company" (that makes millions of dollars annually from this game alone I might add) doesn't hold water. You've been at this for 3 years.
Hire people
Grow
or don't, but that's no longer a valid reason.

Rant over

TL;DR
PGI, get off your butt and progress your game. I've been pretty tame with criticisms lately, but since Russ actively decided to blame players for PGI's poor decisions, they've burned any "niceties" I had left in me where PGI is concerned. They shouldn't keep getting free passes and being able to scapegoat players as the reason something in the game is bad.

#27 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:32 AM

Because they're distracting me from the fact that I can't afford XCom2 at the moment. Thanks PGI for taking away a tiny bit of the pain.

#28 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:33 AM

Have mastered 2 of my Warhammers already. I will be playing XCOM 2 this weekend. :P

#29 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:46 AM

What's XCOM?

*Back to MWO*

#30 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:54 PM

Double XP weekend, HA! Look at this shіt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users