Ebon Jaguar Champion Build

105 replies to this topic

#101 Naryck

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:17 AM

too many messages, TL;DR
I think that trial mechs should be built only on the default omnipods of the mech. am I right? or trial mechs are allowed to be with different omnipods from all the other mechs of the chassis?

if so, i suggest for trial mech something like this. should be fine for CW and random. but not a brawler
as a brawler could be something like this

Edited by Naryck, 09 February 2016 - 01:26 AM.

#102 Krassos

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:14 AM

Since the timberwolf is allready a laser build, I think it would be nice if the EBJ stays a LRM mech.
I think ERML fit well rangewise. The build has a bit much ammo and it is an EBJ-C only in spirit (no C-Omnipods used ^^, though partially to give people who buy it proper starting pods).
Also the setup can be properly run with 2 weapongroups.

EBJ-C

Edited by Krassos, 09 February 2016 - 02:18 AM.

#103 Zionkan

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:19 AM

Builds im using in CW.

Lazors EBJ-B

Dakka EBJ-B
TC1 and extra Dhs are swappable for extra Ammo.

Long Range EBJ-B

Most useful in Cw is the Dakka since it runs fairly cool on every map (and actually works also, Lrm Builds are waste of tonnage on certain maps).

Edited by Zionkan, 09 February 2016 - 02:23 AM.

#104 Crazy Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 1,178 posts
  • LocationTogliatti

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:03 AM

The most interesting Ebone Jaguar. Laser vomit Timbre Wolf already have.
EBJ-B

Edited by Crazy Falcon, 09 February 2016 - 06:04 AM.

#105 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:20 AM

View PostNaryck, on 09 February 2016 - 01:17 AM, said:

too many messages, TL;DR
I think that trial mechs should be built only on the default omnipods of the mech. am I right? or trial mechs are allowed to be with different omnipods from all the other mechs of the chassis?

if so, i suggest for trial mech something like this. should be fine for CW and random. but not a brawler
as a brawler could be something like this

You can mix and match Omnipods for Champions, check the existing 4 (Cheetah, Stormcrow, Timber, Dire).

#106 Tekamen

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCookie Gotham (East Coast USA)

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:41 AM

2x LPL, 4x ML Ebon Jaguar with asymmetrically mounted weapons. Large pulse lasers are mounted left side to take advantage of the high shoulder mount and optimize hill humping and corner poking. Medium lasers used for that extra punch when engaging from 450m and to take out pesky UAVs using the arm mounted medium lasers. This build allows for a high damage alpha, quick cooling, and sneaky hit and fade tactics and is a mid range sniper build with optimal engagement taking place between 400-700m. This build will easily dish out 500+ damage in solo/group queue and can survive multiple waves in CW pushing 1,000+ damage in the hands of a skilled pilot.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9b338b186f20c29

I've seen a symmetrical mirror build placing the large pulse lasers in the side torsos and the medium lasers in the arms. While this build does provide a low profile, it requires the pilot to overexpose their mech in order to get full damage on target and is not optimal for corner poking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users