#21 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:34 AM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 06 February 2016 - 11:22 AM, said:

Not sure if this is the best solution. Queue times would be longer. System seems easy to game by just dropping your tag and sync dropping. Heck I'm not playing with a tag right now because I wanted to grind out wolf levels....but I'm still in a unit. What if I create a 1 man unit just for the tag? Is that a way out of it?

1 man unit will drop with other unit players.

Dropping unit tags to troll solo Q will be somewhat costly because it will be required to pay cbills to get new members. Depending on this cost will depend on how much trolling we deal with. High costs of adding new members will have its own issues.

#22 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:35 AM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 06 February 2016 - 11:22 AM, said:

Not sure if this is the best solution. Queue times would be longer. System seems easy to game by just dropping your tag and sync dropping. Heck I'm not playing with a tag right now because I wanted to grind out wolf levels....but I'm still in a unit. What if I create a 1 man unit just for the tag? Is that a way out of it?
The 1man unit is a way out of pug land. I do think it was a good move. I'm a serious MWO addict and I haven't touched CW in well over a year because all my unit would do was club seals, there were just too many of them. Right now there's just no fun in running a 12 man in CW.

#23 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:15 PM

My favorite part about this is you can literally isolate units to the point where if there isn't 12 unit players dropping but enough tagless pugs, they'll never see each other and ghost drop the planet despite having a ready queue on each side.

Because that's exactly what the CW queue needs, of course. CW without actual conflict.

Or given the CW system's limited number of players, having a pool of faction accounts that simply stay tagless and just drop with a common TS, much like many factions do now. It'd have been far better to get 4v4 in there as the "solo" queue and THEN considered something like this.

#24 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:35 AM

View Postwanderer, on 06 February 2016 - 02:15 PM, said:

My favorite part about this is you can literally isolate units to the point where if there isn't 12 unit players dropping but enough tagless pugs, they'll never see each other and ghost drop the planet despite having a ready queue on each side.

Because that's exactly what the CW queue needs, of course. CW without actual conflict.

Or given the CW system's limited number of players, having a pool of faction accounts that simply stay tagless and just drop with a common TS, much like many factions do now. It'd have been far better to get 4v4 in there as the "solo" queue and THEN considered something like this.

Russ' little epeen pissing contest with MS is what really seems to be guiding CW "balance" issues.

Ghost drops kill CW. Plain and simple.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users