#21 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,767 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:55 AM

View Postadamts01, on 06 February 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

If I was lockable at 400 instead of 800 that would be a huge advantage on Polar.

You see most mechs on Polar before radar even comes into play, even scouts.

View PostMatesRates, on 06 February 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

The sensors we currently have in game are what is called passive radar, you only can only lock what you can see.

No, we are playing under double blind rules in this game, this game nor TT has no concept of passive/active radar, that is simply a concept that was created with MW4.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 06 February 2016 - 11:57 AM.

#22 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:05 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 06 February 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

You see most mechs on Polar before radar even comes into play, even scouts.
True but most mechs can't do anything about it. It's hard to peg a fast light or medium with anything significant at 700-800 meters, but LRMs at that range can wreck you. I know all the ways to avoid them, but not being lockable is still an advantage. And in a big map like Bog or Forest it would be very nice not to be lockable outside of 400. Same with any city map, it's easier to miss a small dark mech dart between buildings at 600 meters than it is to miss a giant red box on your screen.

#23 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,767 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

View Postadamts01, on 06 February 2016 - 12:05 PM, said:

True but most mechs can't do anything about it. It's hard to peg a fast light or medium with anything significant at 700-800 meters, but LRMs at that range can wreck you. I know all the ways to avoid them, but not being lockable is still an advantage. And in a big map like Bog or Forest it would be very nice not to be lockable outside of 400. Same with any city map, it's easier to miss a small dark mech dart between buildings at 600 meters than it is to miss a giant red box on your screen.

In PUGs yes, in coordinated drops, not so much.

#24 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:24 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 06 February 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

In PUGs yes, in coordinated drops, not so much.
I drop in a light with players much much better than me. And a gauss or full burn on my Locust or Jenner at 600 meters doesn't happen all that often.

Edit: I only account for good players and teamwork in any of my statements. you can get away with murder in solo que

Edited by adamts01, 06 February 2016 - 12:25 PM.

#25 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,767 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:28 PM

View Postadamts01, on 06 February 2016 - 12:24 PM, said:

I drop in a light with players much much better than me. And a gauss or full burn on my Locust or Jenner at 600 meters doesn't happen all that often.

That still doesn't mean much when the meta is mid range dominated. A light being in the open against an ERLL firing line is not going to last long.

#26 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:32 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 06 February 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

That still doesn't mean much when the meta is mid range dominated. A light being in the open against an ERLL firing line is not going to last long.
No **** you're dead if you run in front of a firing line of large lasers. All I'm saying is having a reduced range where you can be locked has an advantage.

#27 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,767 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:34 PM

View Postadamts01, on 06 February 2016 - 12:32 PM, said:

No **** you're dead if you run in front of a firing line of large lasers. All I'm saying is having a reduced range where you can be locked has an advantage.

It can be nice, I'm not disagreeing, but it doesn't make up for less firepower.

#28 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:47 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 06 February 2016 - 12:34 PM, said:

It can be nice, I'm not disagreeing, but it doesn't make up for less firepower.
To be fair, with the current deathball or poke meta we have, nothing makes up for more firepower. Lights are only as fast as mediums with the same firepower and almost the same cooling. It just sucks, and the whole point of this is to mix things up. I still think info warfarr, in some form, can help with that. Even cone of fire or no convergence without lock would be a huge help. Then this buff would mean the world to a weak mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users