Is This A Good Build For My Founders Hunchback (Hbk-4G)?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Grimnir79

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:02 AM

Need some advice before i spend the C-Bills. This is my Founders Hunchback so I would like to make it as good as possible.

What do you think, how would this build work for a HBK-4G brawler? Should I add a larger engine at the cost of firepower? Is heat managment good? Should I replace the AC-20 with something else?

All replies are much appreciated.

Edited by Grimnir79, 08 February 2016 - 01:07 AM.

#2 VirtualSmitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts
  • LocationHilton Head, Holy Terra

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:00 AM

Not enough ammo for the AC20 and a tad slow for my liking. The Hunchie was made to run the AC20, but everyone knows to shoot the hunch. I'd drop the lasers to mediums, shave some armor down, and squeeze in a 250 std.

#3 Arianrhod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:32 PM

This build is actually incredibly similar to my own, but I'd downgrade to medium lasers for more ammunition and heat sinks. I think the speed is fine, but you definitely don't have enough ammunition. 3 tons is the absolute minimum amount of AC/20 ammo imo.

#4 Grimnir79

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:17 AM

Thanks all, I will think about it before I make a decission. For posterity's sake I will post my final build here.

#5 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:49 AM

HBK-4G This is how I would run it. Yes, you'll be quite slow for a medium, but the first thing I would do is meet up with the assault mechs and hang with them. Put arm lasers on one weapon group, and the head laser and AC20 on another. The ranges on these weapons match up, so you'll never have to wonder which group in in range since if one is, so is the other.
Alternatively, plonk 3 AC2s in there and be a long range potatospammer, like HBK-4G

Edited by FreebirthToad18999, 09 February 2016 - 03:51 AM.

#6 Grimnir79

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:02 AM

Just for posteritys sake: here is the build I landed on.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...db1354c0d84d477

It's reasonably fast and the two MG's are good for crit-seaking. Have been having lots of fun with it today.

Edited by Grimnir79, 15 February 2016 - 09:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users