7 replies to this topic

#1 DovisKhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 872 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:16 AM

Would want to get my hands on a Marauder IIC (3R) version

Assuming Clan tech it would probably have 87 speed post speed tweak and 28 spare tons at full armor like and EBJ

No Quirks in exchange of having:

3x CUAC 5 instead of 2 UAC 5 (which is better than any other ballistic combination the chassis can carry)

And 4 CERSL instead of 4 ML

All in all superior damage and mobility at the cost of slightly less structure, it doesn't have heat problems on this build either way

#2 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:21 AM

To answer the title, no they don't. Most IIC mechs are mechs the Clans took with them when they left the Inner Sphere and later upgraded.

#3 GreyNovember

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:24 AM

Your IIC Wouldn't also necessarily have the same hardpoint layout. It's a pleasant daydream, but unlikely.

#4 DovisKhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 872 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:26 AM

Ah, thanks, well at least i found that http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Marauder, there actually was a Marauder 3R (C) variant, wih clan weaponry, hope that gets introduced, could have been introduced as a 15 EUR add on like the Hero variant :/

Also the MAD-9W2 variant that's ECM capable, wish they had a standard 3x mech + hero + 2 reinforcement pack for the MAD

Edited by DovisKhan, 09 February 2016 - 03:30 AM.

#5 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:34 AM

While the vast majority of IS battlemechs do not have a IIC version, there is actually a Marauder IIC. Its 85 tons though, and the base model is all energy weapons (3xERPPC, 2xMPL, 4xERSL)

Heres a full list of IIC mechs:

#6 DovisKhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 872 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:36 AM

Thanks for info!

#7 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:18 AM

Only one IIC mech i'm interested in and thats the Urbanmech IIC

#8 DovisKhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 872 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:29 AM

View PostSamial, on 09 February 2016 - 04:18 AM, said:

Only one IIC mech i'm interested in and thats the Urbanmech IIC

Tried the regular urbanmechs since it's their sale now, heh, and to my regret i bought 2 off em before testing

1st game in stock loadout, lol, even the assaults left me in the dust, how god awful slow it was, I didn't even make it to the battle before my team wiped everyone out, way to make one feel useless.

2nd try, I bought a decent engine, I start walking... I still walk slower than in my MAD DOG and turn slower.... and that's with a light mech

Seriously, I loved the urban mech aesthetically and I liked that it's ballistic friendly, but the twist speed... the walk speed... I get that it should have something to make it feel distinct, i could deal with having 40km/h move speed as long as the torso twist would be appropriately fast, now you can turn in any other light mech much faster.

If the IIC variant would rectify twist speed issues - i'd be totally for buying that

Edited by DovisKhan, 09 February 2016 - 04:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users