New Map Metropolitan Ruins

197 replies to this topic

Poll: Next map like Metropolitan Ruins? (355 member(s) have cast votes)

Should MWO's next map be like Metropolitan Ruins?

1. Yes (340 votes [95.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 95.77%

2. No (15 votes [4.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:43 AM

View PostMasochistic Trashcan Virtuoso, on 12 April 2017 - 01:54 PM, said:

THIS IS SPARTA ! now give us a fricken big town. i want to hide my urbie with red as a hydrant or inside a CAN-dispenser.

Uhm... "Sparta"? No... THIS... IS... 'MECHWARRIOR ONLINE'!!! B)

Anyway, your image of having an UrbanMech hiding as a Fire Hydrant made me giggle a little. At least, until my Active Probe sniffs it out from being powered down, at which point I'm laughing hard from plastering it full of whatever weapons I'm carrying at the time. Of course, I could just "Damage Test" from long range too... :lol:

~D. V. "I think 'LOL... XD' covers how I'm feeling..." Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for a Missed Thought.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 13 April 2017 - 01:44 AM.

#182 Invictus XVII

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:11 AM

Id love this, also underground pathways for mediums and lights to bypass some of the terrain would be sweet.

#183 Metafox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 360 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:07 PM

I like the idea too, but I'd want to avoid having an open central area. If there's a big park or a wide river in the middle, most matches will just devolve into a standoff at the edges, defeating the whole purpose of this map. Having a few open areas towards the edge of the map could work, just not anywhere near where players might want to gather.

#184 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:19 PM

With tunnels, streets, roads and freeways, there are plenty of opportunities for some long sight lines mixed in with the hodge podge lanes and alleys.

It would be like fighting in a maze, but having a map that really gave that feel of confined spaces and the chance of getting ambushed around a corner would be great.

#185 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:31 PM

This is a great idea!

#186 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:43 AM

Yes again. Also desert dunes and cave complex maps.

#187 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

Any map would be okay with me so long as there is sufficient cover so by all means make the next one metro-ruins.

#188 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:13 AM

View Postocular tb, on 24 July 2017 - 06:06 PM, said:

Any map would be okay with me so long as there is sufficient cover so by all means make the next one metro-ruins.

Any chance we could get your "Yes" vote to go with that? The more positive votes we have, the better of a chance that you'll get to see this actually happen. :)

~D. V. "...just wondering..." Devnull

#189 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:23 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 25 July 2017 - 07:13 AM, said:

Any chance we could get your "Yes" vote to go with that? The more positive votes we have, the better of a chance that you'll get to see this actually happen. Posted Image

~D. V. "...just wondering..." Devnull

I did indeed vote "Yes" Posted Image

#190 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

I voted yes, but it better not have metal and stone rubble on fire like River City has. (usually fires from damaged buildings like that are out within a few hours, and I doubt you'd be in CQC in a city that was just bombarded like that)

Edited by BTGbullseye, 02 August 2017 - 07:45 PM.

#191 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:51 AM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 02 August 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

I voted yes, but it better not have metal and stone rubble on fire like River City has. (usually fires from damaged buildings like that are out within a few hours, and I doubt you'd be in CQC in a city that was just bombarded like that)

I get how you feel, and I can agree with that sentiment. By the time we're getting to a city like this, it should be filled with sandstorms, hazy air, and other such Desert-like atmosphere. :)

~D. V. "You're right, it should NOT be burning that long afterward." Devnull

#192 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:28 AM

A "Yes" vote and a little push.

Best regards
Doc

#193 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:57 AM

So Production Update stated a full blow city is coming. HMMMMM

#194 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:34 AM

View Postscgt1, on 19 August 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

So Production Update stated a full blow city is coming. HMMMMM

Hmmmm, indeed, albeit that I'm only hearing of this second-hand. We can only hope, if PGI is doing what we're wanting, that it comes out as well-designed and awesome as we're all expecting. Otherwise, we're in for a big letdown. :huh:

~D. V. "Any chance we could have a link to the spot in the video where this is mentioned?" Devnull

#195 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:41 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 August 2017 - 05:34 AM, said:

Hmmmm, indeed, albeit that I'm only hearing of this second-hand. We can only hope, if PGI is doing what we're wanting, that it comes out as well-designed and awesome as we're all expecting. Otherwise, we're in for a big letdown. Posted Image

~D. V. "Any chance we could have a link to the spot in the video where this is mentioned?" Devnull

Not second hand man. Well technically it is second hand since I'm posting about it but check here at the 21:37 mark for proof. Although no detail as to if it's a ruined city like this pole/thread discusses or not.

"It is a full blown city map; So I could tell you the direction I gave the team was Full Blown City Map; Skyscrapers, metropolis, city, city, city, like you may have to break the city up a little bit with a park here and there but I want you to be careful about how much you break it up um I don't want to see huge sections like (couldn't make out the beginning here) River City that isn't city sure there could be a park here and there but primarily this is gunna be dense city environment."

Russ Bullock

I may have missed a word here and there in the quote but I got tired of listening to it over and over. LOL
They will show it at Mech Con to only those that come in person but it will probably be broadcast also. Jan-Feb time frame.

Edited by scgt1, 20 August 2017 - 05:53 AM.

#196 50 50

• 2,145 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:05 PM

Definitely very cool to hear that there will be some sort of 'metropolis' map coming.... and fairly soon.
Plus, the second map which was code named 'crater' which was some combination of Tourmaline and HPG.... or something like that.
So, that's nice.

#197 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:20 PM

Yes looks like a metro map is finally being made. Sounds great. Maybe a metro ruins map will be made also some time.

#198 50 50

• 2,145 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:28 PM

With the ability to destroy a few things now, it will be very interesting to see what is possible on the map beyond knocking over fences and street lamps.
Blowing chunks of columns ala Crimson Straight? Yes please. That will give a worn torn look.
Some bridges/overpasses that could be destroyed? If that meant blocking the underpass and making the overpass require jump jets... as in we have to change our movement paths to get around new obstacles.... ala dynamic changes in the terrain. Yes please.
Collapsing some buildings? Having buildings that are not reinforced and that could be destroyed allows for new movement paths to be created as well as adding to the overall worn torn look. Yes please.

Keen to see what we get, but some new maps will definitely be nice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users