Annoyances

11 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:16 AM

a couple of things i find very annoying is this. 1 no matter how well you play in the games and your mech is just a head ct and a pair of legs, if you lose your tsr score goes down and i really find that severely annoying. second thing. it may be a common gripe but i feel as though there are people with m,ultible accounts running in the tier 5 category and they are experts who wont play on the higher levels. The reason i state this , is because i see some people performing acrobatics with their mechs. I can take a loss like anyone else, heck most of my games are losses, so its unlikely i will ever get to a higher tier at this rate. Most of the time when i finish a game my mech is what i stated above, a head, center torso(barely) and a pair of legs and that is if i have been on winning side, which most of the time i'm not.

Not sure if its being done already but a way to weed out multible accounts is to track the isps.

#2 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:42 AM

Far as I am aware, having multiple accounts in not against the Terms of Service (I'll defer to Rogue Jedi, our resident TOS expert :) )

There are reasons for this actually...

1. Some players like to keep their Clan and Inner Sphere pilots/mechs separate.
2. The upper tiers (mainly 1 & 2) are VERY competitive in nature, and many pilots refer to it more as work.. meaning for many the fun is bled out and you are there to play hard, play the meta, and win. So, since we're all human and like to have fun, some top tier players will have alt accounts to basically 'get away' and just do casual gaming in the less competitive tiers.
3. Some players just like to go baby seal clubbing, these are the ones you are probably not liking as much.

Not sure that brings any light to the issue, but I doubt you'll see banning of multiple alternate accounts.

As for your tier not advancing.. just keep at it. This is a VERY steep learning curve game.. it took me months to start getting any form of consistency and advance. But it has been very rewarding and fun the whole journey as I have learned to play better.

Good hunting!

#3 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:46 AM

If some brilliant player creates a new account and goes and gets 6 kills, 1000 damage and wins the match, they go straight to tier 4. Also note that you will sometimes see tier 3 players in your matches, if the matchmaker is struggling to get 24 players together.

This game has a lot to learn, try to improve and soon you will be winning matches for your team and going up in PSR.

#4 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:46 AM

While there are a few people who have multiple accounts, they quickly rise out of the lower teirs. There are mechanics in place that increase PSR more when someone is consistently playing above average for their matches. With that said, your matches can include people from up to tier 3. It tries to keep the gap small, but depending on the player population when you play it may not always work. It's also not common because playing an alternate account doesn't help your main account in any way.

Right now the PSR is based heavily on winning and losing. That will change in the near future, but overall it works. Better players will rise up (slowly sometimes, but it still happens) until they are winning about 50% of the time. It's not the greatest system, but MM in team based games is notoriously hard.

#5 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:16 AM

as i said it is hard to advance when your side loses a match and the result is your tsr goes down no matter what. when my side wins i may get a advance but i also get just the equal sign which i take it to mean i dont go down. that is particuarly annoying when i am in a griffin 3m and i can almost take a atlas down from the front.

#6 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:32 AM

@OP

How PSR works.

On a Win:
PSR goes UP a lot if match score is >400
PSR goes UP a moderate amount if match score is >250 but <=400
PSR goes UP a little if match score is >= 100
PSR has NO CHANGE for a match score <100

On a Loss:
PSR goes UP if match score is > 400
PSR has NO CHANGE for a match score >250 but <= 400
PSR goes DOWN a little if match score is <=250
PSR goes DOWN a lot if match score is < 100

On a Tie:
Both sides, all players see a NO CHANGE to PSR regardless of match score.

Source by LYNX ( https://mwomercs.com...-as-best-i-can/ )

#7 Exard3k

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:13 AM

Don't be sad when your PSR goes down...it doesn't have an advantage to be higher tier....doesn't get easier as you progress through tiers ;)

#8 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:23 AM

had something happen to me on my last match and i have no idea WTH happened. it was in forest city(?) and i walked into something and everything became locked. i could not twist, move forwards or backwards or even change vision settings since it was in the dark. I honestly dont know what happened bec once i was locked my mech was basically frozen and i had to wait to be destroyed. once the match was over my keyboard functions. so any idea what happened? Oh yeah my screen was black except for when someone was shooting at me.

#9 Rhavin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationThe Dropship Texas, FRR

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:45 PM

If you play enough, you will get better. One day, in a game things will just click and you will rise. Some people need a certain playstyle to do it, some need a certain mech. Maybe you need a Unit, who knows until you figure it out. I play best when I am in the meat grinder. Hitting R and focus fireing red components. Maybe you will be the guy who is best shooting over my shoulder.

This game is complicated, I was in one of the first games ever played, 8 people in hunchbacks, jenners, catapults and atlases. All stock because no one had earned a single cbill yet. The other team was the exact same makeup but it actually had 2 developers on it and in the 5 min my team took figureing things out they moved up while the devs straight up told them what was up. No one on my team had any idea of what the heat scale was like, or how effective each weapon was. We got owned. It really was a stomp. We had no team skills because we had no skills yet at all. We didn't complain, and in later matches we saw devs drop with us, share their knowledge and help us succeed.

You are on the right track by coming to the new player forums, everyone here is willing to help you. Take our advice and don't worry about tier gains and losses. Or if there is a tier one player on an alternative account. Just play the best you can, learn from your mistakes, and have fun. It will come to you in time.

#10 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:03 PM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 09 February 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

had something happen to me on my last match and i have no idea WTH happened. it was in forest city(?) and i walked into something and everything became locked. i could not twist, move forwards or backwards or even change vision settings since it was in the dark. I honestly dont know what happened bec once i was locked my mech was basically frozen and i had to wait to be destroyed. once the match was over my keyboard functions. so any idea what happened? Oh yeah my screen was black except for when someone was shooting at me.

You may have found a map or object problem where you literally got stuck in the object. I was involved in the Beta for MWLL for years which used the same engine as MWO.. We had issues with getting stuck in objects when the was an issue with collision on that object or falling through the map in some cases. If any part of you is still exposed then you can be targeted but acannot see of fire back.

Try not to get upset about playing with players with significantly better skills. Playing against them is how you learn to get better. Watch how they beat you and adjust. As was said above, there is no advantage to going up the Tier ladder as far and the fun factor goes. The game just gets harder because you are playing against even better players.

The only reason to worry about getting to Tier 1 is if epeen bragging rights are important to you.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:06 PM

*Sigh*... Another thread.

Side note, your "WTH" happen scenario... sounds like a crash of network.

The game can, and has had everything go wrong.

I would recommend getting pics or video of it. Think the pics folder for snapshots is in the My Documents / My Games / MWO (or Mechwarrior Online) / screenshots or users screenshots.

#12 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

while on the subject of annoyances I was surprisedand slightly irritated to run into "Rogue Jedi" in-game today (looking at the screenshots it looked like there were 2 spaces in the name rather than 1) first game he was on the red team, second we were teammates,

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 09 February 2016 - 08:16 AM, said:

a couple of things i find very annoying is this. 1 no matter how well you play in the games and your mech is just a head ct and a pair of legs, if you lose your tsr score goes down and i really find that severely annoying.

second thing. it may be a common gripe but i feel as though there are people with m,ultible accounts running in the tier 5 category and they are experts who wont play on the higher levels. The reason i state this , is because i see some people performing acrobatics with their mechs. I can take a loss like anyone else, heck most of my games are losses, so its unlikely i will ever get to a higher tier at this rate. Most of the time when i finish a game my mech is what i stated above, a head, center torso(barely) and a pair of legs and that is if i have been on winning side, which most of the time i'm not.

Not sure if its being done already but a way to weed out multible accounts is to track the isps.

your PSR can go up or stay the same on a loss, all you have to do is score 250+ (note match score not damage or XP) to stay the same, if you do more than 450 you gain PSR.

I am a veteran player who is in tier 4, I have been playing for about 3.5 years but because I refuse to use Meta and prefer Lights and Mediums my PSR bar barely moves, and as others have said a tier 5 player in solo queue can easily end up against tier 4 or tier 3 players if it takes too long to find a match, after 2 minutes waiting a player can get put in a game where there are players up-to 2 tiers higher or lower.

I once made an alternative account to make some tutorial videos then saw Spike Braves videos and decided I could not do better, so I have a second account which has precisely 0 games played.

View PostMorggo, on 09 February 2016 - 08:42 AM, said:

Far as I am aware, having multiple accounts in not against the Terms of Service (I'll defer to Rogue Jedi, our resident TOS expert Posted Image )

multiple accounts are permitted, provided you do not use them to cause unrest or do something along the lines of back up your own arguments on the forums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users