No replies to this topic

#1 Wedge Red Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 103 posts
  • LocationYavin 5

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:46 PM

I would like to see some maps have the ambient temperature change over the coarse of the game. For example, the Polar Highlands map IIRC it changes the light (star position) 6 hours over a 15 minute game. I really like that feature, a team might be able to use the twilght as a tactical advantage. The same with temperature, lets say the map starts out cold. This will incentivize the energy weapon users to be aggressive, and on the other end when the map is hot the ammo users will want to take the tactical advantage.

This is just one of my ideas to create meaning movement, especially for non-conquest games.

I might as well do this here as well, if in fact this is a do-able thing with the game engine I'd like to see the concept taken into depth.

Imagine a map that when the star is high in the sky it is so hot mechs can do little more than transit open ground (mechs with lets say just the standard 10 heat sinks), and only heat efficient weapons can be used. But at night, when its cold an energy users have the advantage. Just to keep it dynamic, I'd have a solar cycle about every 5 minutes. And maybe have buffered regions to add areas of stable temperatures. For example, in a "polar" map the star might only rise 25 degrees (angle not temperature) therefore the shaded valleys would expectedly stay at a fairly even temperature. Or you could have underground mines, caves or underground military complexes to again be at a constant temperature.

And for the last dove tail. Sort the teams with one more criterion, by the mechs heat efficiency ratio. Think about it, you might like where it goes Posted Image

Edited by Wedge Red Leader, 09 February 2016 - 04:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users