Player/ Team Stats Default

No replies to this topic

#1 LongStem

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:47 PM

I'd like to make a suggestion:

At the end of a match, team stats used to display by default and you would tab over to see your player stats. I guess it changed in one of the recent patches to default to player stats. (Or if I am overlooking it and this is somewhere in the personal settings, it should not be an option,team stats should be default.)

While it is more convenient to not have to tab to see your cbill and xp earnings, I think team stats should return to being the default.

Defaulting to team stats emphasizes that this is a team/ cooperation based game and that each player is part of a team effort. I think it is of particular importance to establish this mindset with new players.

The team stats allow the individual to see how much of a contribution they and their teammates made to the outcome of a match. Did 600 dmg, 3 kills in a Medium..great, did 200 dmg, 0 kills in an assault... not so great, etc. It also provides an indication to how teams won or lost a particular match based on damage by weight class, etc.

Expanding on this, I think some key teamwork metrics could be added in the form of extra columns in the team stats. Metrics such as lance in formation, flanking, protection radius, capping, and maybe some new metrics also. The addition of teamwork or role metrics could tie into the potential infotech/ role warfare changes that have been proposed.

All in all I think some reinforcement of cooperation based gameplay through reverting to team stats by default would result in more quality battles and at worst, make people click one extra time after a match.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users