Victors?

23 replies to this topic

#21 aaykeem

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:16 PM

So, reading the responses to this thread, I took it as a challenge to see for myself exactly what the deal is with the Victor.
I ran the Dragon Slayer for 100 matches and you can find the stats below.
Tier played - most games were in tier 3 (I elited the Slayer in tier 4, so ~30 matches there).

First, my overall quickplay stats:
KDR: 1.32
WLR: 1.02
Avg. XP Per Match: 1,299

Now, the stats over 100 matches played in the Slayer:
KDR: 1.21
WLR: 1.17
80 kills, 66 deaths.
avg. damage: 341
avg. XP: 1202
A bunchload of c-bills won, judging by the XP and the hero c-bill boost.

I've used 3 builds over the course of these 100 matches:
2AC5+2LPL on the stock 330 XL engine, 3 JJ
3LPL+2SRM6 on the stock 330 XL engine, 3 JJ
3LL + 2SRM4 on a 390XL engine, 4 JJ

The bad:
- hardpoints spread around awkwardly, hard to use all 3 energy hardpoints efficiently. Best bet is to fill either right side (2 ballistic+2 energy) or torsos (2 energy + 2 missile)
- low no. of hardpoints, forces you to play with big guns.
- pretty much forces you to use XL, it feels decently suited for it, but it also definetly feels squishy. You need to do a lot of damage control, switch sides that you use for shielding, torso twist a lot. Best bet is to avoid getting into a direct confrontation with a fresh heavy or assault, as you'll get chewed fast.

The good:
- with an XL 380+ mounted - holy ****, the speed. You can run around with the clan heavies and keep up with them. You can reposition yourself quickly on the battlefield, get to a better position, push a flank or swoop in to hit an enemy that is out of position.
- 4 JJs offer decent mobility and saved me a few times. You can also use them to get to places where an assault shouldn't get to (they help a lot on the mining colony or the bog).
- stay in the deathball or at least team up with a tankier assault and you can rake in the damage easily. It doesn't have impressive alpha values but you can put rapid-firing weapons in it that tear unexpecting mechs apart.
- most builds end up to be very cool, due to the low amount of hardpoints.

It's a mech that definetly needs getting used to, but I've had a lot of fun running around in it and had some very good matches (about 3 or 4 matches with 600-800 damage and 3-4 kills, quite a few losses where my PSR rating idn't go down, etc.). I'm not going to lie, it's not the best mech I've got right now and I wouldn't take it to CW, but it's a solid choice for solo quick play due to the speed and firepower it can bring to the table. Just don't try to facetank in it :P

#22 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:15 PM

I've been grinding them recently, they aren't bad with max engine and ac20/srms or triple lpl. Hardpoint location DOES Suck, however it can still do quite well on a team that pushes together and shares the armor burden

#23 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:39 AM

Yep Fang my C4 friend, I need to upgrade my other Victor to the large pulse variety. One thing while running mine lately, I forgot how maneuvrable and nice for an assault it is. It can't hit that hard but is a good complement to other Assaults and Heavies. I use the JJ's to spin around and try to buy some time if I do get isolated somehow.

#24 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:48 AM

I'm not sure I'll like it as much as my awesome 9m but I'll admit I'm thinking about keeping two of them now. Gotta see how they do after mastery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users