Question About Clan Pack (Champion)

15 replies to this topic

#1 xSleeZyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:51 AM

Heya!

So i've been thinking about buying the ACH clan pack for 30$ to get the cbill variant.

I've been lvling and playing my EBJs alot and got them mastered, so i decided to give ACH a whirl. And i find the playstyle very enjoyable. And i've done pretty good in them so far.

So my question is about the champion C-bill ACH. I know you can't change it's colors however can i change their loadout / omnipods like i can with normal clan mechs?

Or is the loadout hardcoded?
Because if i can't change the loadout to my liking as i've done with the prime i currently own, i don't feel like 30$ is worth the pack.

Also would be cool with some feedback on:

I've several more clips which i'm uploading, but a 10min game takes about 9 hours to upload with my internet...

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:41 AM

View PostxSleeZyx, on 12 February 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

Heya!

So i've been thinking about buying the ACH clan pack for 30$ to get the cbill variant.

I've been lvling and playing my EBJs alot and got them mastered, so i decided to give ACH a whirl. And i find the playstyle very enjoyable. And i've done pretty good in them so far.

So my question is about the champion C-bill ACH. I know you can't change it's colors however can i change their loadout / omnipods like i can with normal clan mechs?

Or is the loadout hardcoded?
Because if i can't change the loadout to my liking as i've done with the prime i currently own, i don't feel like 30$ is worth the pack.

Also would be cool with some feedback on:

I've several more clips which i'm uploading, but a 10min game takes about 9 hours to upload with my internet...

if you buy the Mech you can change weapons, armor alocation or quantities, there is some fixed stuff like the engine, the Jumpjets, 1 heatsink, and the armor/structure/heatsink types.

if you want to change colours you can although if you do not already own some you will have to buy them in the Mechlab, if you want to change the cammo pattern you can although you will have to buy the cammo, if you want to change weapons you can, but again that costs, if you want to add missiles or ballistic weapons you can buy an omnipod to get hardpoints for them, with the exception of the cammo there are cbill options for all of that provided you own the Mech.

however for XP purposes the ACH-Prime(C) (cbill bonus) and ACH-Prime(S) (steam pack variant with cbill bonus count as the same model as the normal ACH-Prime, if you own it you can do anything with it that you can with your non champion Prime

it comes with a camo pattern and colours applied for a skeleton cammo, that is unlocked for any other ACHs you own or buy in future, as well as the Firestarter, you also get a Firestarter, a months premium time, some cbills and enough MC for 5 Mechbays (10 when on sale) or a few other paint colours.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 12 February 2016 - 11:48 AM.

#3 xSleeZyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:01 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 12 February 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

if you buy the Mech you can change weapons, armor alocation or quantities, there is some fixed stuff like the engine, the Jumpjets, 1 heatsink, and the armor/structure/heatsink types.

if you want to change colours you can although if you do not already own some you will have to buy them in the Mechlab, if you want to change the cammo pattern you can although you will have to buy the cammo, if you want to change weapons you can, but again that costs, if you want to add missiles or ballistic weapons you can buy an omnipod to get hardpoints for them, with the exception of the cammo there are cbill options for all of that provided you own the Mech.

however for XP purposes the ACH-Prime(C) (cbill bonus) and ACH-Prime(S) (steam pack variant with cbill bonus count as the same model as the normal ACH-Prime, if you own it you can do anything with it that you can with your non champion Prime

it comes with a camo pattern and colours applied for a skeleton cammo, that is unlocked for any other ACHs you own or buy in future, as well as the Firestarter, you also get a Firestarter, a months premium time, some cbills and enough MC for 5 Mechbays (10 when on sale) or a few other paint colours.

Thanks for the very detailed answer.

But i'm still abit unclear, it's the cbill variant i want to buy and change loadout etc. But i've read online altho outdated that you can't switch this specific camo that comes with clan wave 3. (The cbill champion)

But if i can change their loadout/omnipods as per usual, ill buy it then i guess. i need a cbill grinder and ACH seem to fit that role. Altho i usualy earn more money on my EBJ due more kills / dmg etc.

But i've realy came to love the playstyle of lights so i figured id rather spend 30$ rather than 90$ to get the cbill EBJ.

#4 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:11 PM

View PostxSleeZyx, on 12 February 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

Thanks for the very detailed answer.

But i'm still abit unclear, it's the cbill variant i want to buy and change loadout etc. But i've read online altho outdated that you can't switch this specific camo that comes with clan wave 3. (The cbill champion)

But if i can change their loadout/omnipods as per usual, ill buy it then i guess. i need a cbill grinder and ACH seem to fit that role. Altho i usualy earn more money on my EBJ due more kills / dmg etc.

But i've realy came to love the playstyle of lights so i figured id rather spend 30$ rather than 90$ to get the cbill EBJ.

what you have read is wrong.
All ACH varients can change cammo and colours, however on the older Clan packs the Prime(I) variant has fixed cammo, that was not the case with the wave 3 Mechs including the ACH-Prime(I) or any new pack Mechs since, and PGI are working through older "Special" letter in brackets like (F) (P) (L) ® variants to allow you to change cammo but they have always been able to change colours, the only varients which have had fixed colours that I am aware of are the no longer available $500(G) gold cammo variants from the first Clan pack.

The faction cammo originally had fixed colours but that has been fixed, could that be what you had read about?

#5 xSleeZyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:16 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 12 February 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

what you have read is wrong.
All ACH varients can change cammo and colours, however on the older Clan packs the Prime(I) variant has fixed cammo, that was not the case with the wave 3 Mechs including the ACH-Prime(I) or any new pack Mechs since, and PGI are working through older "Special" letter in brackets like (F) (P) (L) ® variants to allow you to change cammo but they have always been able to change colours, the only varients which have had fixed colours that I am aware of are the no longer available $500(G) gold cammo variants from the first Clan pack.

The faction cammo originally had fixed colours but that has been fixed, could that be what you had read about?

Hmm confusing, maybe...

this pack i mean:
https://mwomercs.com/wavethree

The first one for 30$
Posted Image

#6 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:22 PM

View PostxSleeZyx, on 12 February 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

Hmm confusing, maybe...

this pack i mean:
https://mwomercs.com/wavethree

The first one for 30$

yes, you can definately change the loadout and 2 of the colours on that, the gunmetal gray is locked, however it you change the cammo you can change any colour

#7 xSleeZyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:25 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 12 February 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

yes, you can definately change the loadout and 2 of the colours on that, the gunmetal gray is locked, however it you change the cammo you can change any colour

Awesome, so i don't have to look like a yellow glowing lightbulb to the enemies?
And i read somewhere that the hardpoints are fixed for cbill mechs, but i guess they were refering IS mechs?
So all in all, the cbill mech works just like any other ACH? I can switch pods out etc?

Sorry for nagging ya, but just want to make things clear. :)

#8 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:07 PM

View PostxSleeZyx, on 12 February 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

Awesome, so i don't have to look like a yellow glowing lightbulb to the enemies?
And i read somewhere that the hardpoints are fixed for cbill mechs, but i guess they were refering IS mechs?
So all in all, the cbill mech works just like any other ACH? I can switch pods out etc?

Sorry for nagging ya, but just want to make things clear. Posted Image

you do not have to look like a lightbulb but why would you not want to.

Hardpoints are fixed on Battlemechs, any Mech which came with a Clan pack other than the IIC pack is an Omnimech and can change Hardpoints, all IS Mechs the IIC MEchs and the forthcoming Kodiak are Battlemechs

#9 xSleeZyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:20 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 12 February 2016 - 01:07 PM, said:

you do not have to look like a lightbulb but why would you not want to.

Hardpoints are fixed on Battlemechs, any Mech which came with a Clan pack other than the IIC pack is an Omnimech and can change Hardpoints, all IS Mechs the IIC MEchs and the forthcoming Kodiak are Battlemechs

Alright thank you very much for the clarification. Posted Image

I'll put in another question in here, is the ACH clan package worth it's money? I'm purely a clan player atleast as of now.
Is there any other package that is consider more value for their money?

Like MAD pack have premium time etc, but clan doesn't seem to have this perk and is more expensive.
But i'm fairly sure i'll buy the ACH pack due i want a money grinder, and so far ACH is more fun to play than my beloved EBJs, i've came to love the speed and ECM + JJ... It's just to hard to beat. And i like to be that nagging guy in the back sort of. Or brawl. Most of my EBJ are brawlers, while they're very good they lack the speed/mobility.

Altho it's kinda funny how steam pack is 27 Euro while clan 3 is 30$, so in essence the ACH is cheaper. But i don't gain any money or mc though.

Main reason i want the ACH is for 1. money grind 2. fill out my CW deck 3. Speeeeed is life Posted Image

Again thanks for your answers. Posted Image

Edit: Also why i don't wanna look like a lightbulb, is due it's easier to see me, that simple. :P

Edited by xSleeZyx, 12 February 2016 - 01:21 PM.

#10 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:37 PM

View PostxSleeZyx, on 12 February 2016 - 01:20 PM, said:

Alright thank you very much for the clarification. Posted Image

I'll put in another question in here, is the ACH clan package worth it's money? I'm purely a clan player atleast as of now.
Is there any other package that is consider more value for their money?

only better value pack would be the Kodiak but that is not out till may

#11 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:00 PM

View PostxSleeZyx, on 12 February 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

Sorry for nagging ya, but just want to make things clear. Posted Image

One thing to help in the future "C-Bill mechs" usually means mechs that you can buy with C-Bill. Special, or Hero mechs are the ones that have the 30% C-Bill boost. Champions is a very specific term, which refers to (C) mechs, that have a 30% XP increase, and are custom builds designed by the community, using C-Bill parts only.

#12 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:09 PM

Arctic Cheetah pack is great, you get a 30%cbill variant plus 2 others, plus you get one Faction pack choice so you get some (3) colors and a Warhorn of your chosen faction too.

Agree that getting the standard Kodiak pack and Hero variant is another great option as you get a 30%cbill assault and 3 other mechs for $35 plus some premium time and a warhorn etc

#13 xSleeZyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:30 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 12 February 2016 - 02:00 PM, said:

One thing to help in the future "C-Bill mechs" usually means mechs that you can buy with C-Bill. Special, or Hero mechs are the ones that have the 30% C-Bill boost. Champions is a very specific term, which refers to (C) mechs, that have a 30% XP increase, and are custom builds designed by the community, using C-Bill parts only.

View PostAce Selin, on 12 February 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

Arctic Cheetah pack is great, you get a 30%cbill variant plus 2 others, plus you get one Faction pack choice so you get some (3) colors and a Warhorn of your chosen faction too.

Agree that getting the standard Kodiak pack and Hero variant is another great option as you get a 30%cbill assault and 3 other mechs for $35 plus some premium time and a warhorn etc

So i ended up buying the ACH pack. But now i've another question.
How long does it take to recieve it?
I've not recieved it yet altho it's been barely an hour, but still. I'd like to pilot the mechs i just bought.
I didn't get to choose what faction pack i wanted either? I do want the clan ghostbear, but i never recieved anything to select the pack.

Also someone disliked my clip i posted for w/e reason, but i'd like your input why you disliked it and what i could have done diffrent. That's why i even posted the clip to begin with.

Also i've now some other clips with the ACH, more to come whilst uploading.
I'm realy enjoying this mech, altho i don't pull 700+ dmg games anymore like with my ebj, but 300-400+ is good enough i think? Oh well Posted Image

Edit: i did recive the pack after about 1 hour or so.

However i didn't recive any colors or anything associated with the pack - how so?
Where can i choose my faction content?

Edit:2 I noticed there was a "content" selection in my stats page where i could choose which pack i wanted.
So all is well :) Although PGI could definetly improve the information about this, i had to guess my way forward to actually find out about it.

Edited by xSleeZyx, 13 February 2016 - 01:22 PM.

#14 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 02:01 PM

View PostxSleeZyx, on 13 February 2016 - 12:30 PM, said:

How long does it take to recieve it?
I've not recieved it yet altho it's been barely an hour, but still. I'd like to pilot the mechs i just bought.
I didn't get to choose what faction pack i wanted either? I do want the clan ghostbear, but i never recieved anything to select the pack.

Edit:2 I noticed there was a "content" selection in my stats page where i could choose which pack i wanted.
So all is well Posted Image Although PGI could definetly improve the information about this, i had to guess my way forward to actually find out about it.

packs should be delivered on the hour, next hour after the payment clears (there are some payment methods which can take days to clear).
If you ever buy a pack again and have questions look at the relevant FAQ which should be linked from the pack purchase page.
We have no problem answering your questions but checking the FAQ will probably get you the information much faster than waiting for someone to reply.

edit:
I just checked and there was no mention of how to claim the faction content or when Mechs are injected in the FAQ, it does not look like that FAQ was updated since 3 months before the pack released, but most other questions you have would be answered by the FAQ

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 13 February 2016 - 02:07 PM.

#15 xSleeZyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 February 2016 - 08:43 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 13 February 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

packs should be delivered on the hour, next hour after the payment clears (there are some payment methods which can take days to clear).
If you ever buy a pack again and have questions look at the relevant FAQ which should be linked from the pack purchase page.
We have no problem answering your questions but checking the FAQ will probably get you the information much faster than waiting for someone to reply.

edit:
I just checked and there was no mention of how to claim the faction content or when Mechs are injected in the FAQ, it does not look like that FAQ was updated since 3 months before the pack released, but most other questions you have would be answered by the FAQ

Yeap i checked the faqs... There was no info about it, hence why i said PGI needs to Up their game when it comes to show how content packs work etc..

Some games:

#16 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:51 AM

Glad you're enjoying your new Arctic Cheetahs. Just beware, enemies will focus fire you like a hot babe on Gilligan's Island.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users