New Mech Details For 16-Feb-2016 Patch

28 replies to this topic

#21 hydrojack420TTV

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:35 PM

This is a sad day. I had high hopes for decent mech quirks for the Rifleman... But these are garbage.... I honestly think i'd like my money back....

#22 Yankee77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 410 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:43 AM

View PostThe Iraqi, on 15 February 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

This is a sad day. I had high hopes for decent mech quirks for the Rifleman... But these are garbage.... I honestly think i'd like my money back....

Not sure if trolling... but these quirks look pretty nuts. This looks like a highly mobile version of the Jagermech with more of an energy mix (which is more meta).

The 3N, for example, has some truly stunning quirks. Sure, none of them help with tanking, but these are massive ballistic quirks.

One feeling I get is that this mech is deliberately quirked to make it ideal for creeping in and out of cover to take potshots with its elevated weapons. If anything, the quirks might be excessive (though I imagine the goal is to give it a raison d'etre beyond just being a lighter Jagermech).

#23 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:34 AM

Could we get a general Rifleman Target Info Gathering quirk, (or other targeting quirk) to represent the Garret D2J tracking system?

"An exceptional piece of electronics, the Garret D2j targeting-tracking system allowed the Rifleman to maintain an accurate lock on swift-moving aerial targets and achieve excellent accuracy."

Edited by Malleus011, 16 February 2016 - 08:34 AM.

#24 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:55 AM

Already seen a 6LL 5D in the NGNG peek video. Posted Image

#25 Exard3k

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:02 AM

View PostMalleus011, on 16 February 2016 - 08:34 AM, said:

Could we get a general Rifleman Target Info Gathering quirk, (or other targeting quirk) to represent the Garret D2J tracking system?

"An exceptional piece of electronics, the Garret D2j targeting-tracking system allowed the Rifleman to maintain an accurate lock on swift-moving aerial targets and achieve excellent accuracy."

I'd rather have an option to fit TC up to Mk2 or a discount on CCONS Posted Image

Edited by Exard3k, 16 February 2016 - 09:02 AM.

#26 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:03 AM

Movement Archetype: Medium

Awww yissss

#27 BMKA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 104 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChile

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:21 PM

Yea right...give quirks to overrated mechs....how about Resistance 2? Craby? wolfy? they need love as well...

70% ace/dess??? are you kiddin?? ._.

Edited by BMKA, 16 February 2016 - 01:23 PM.

#28 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:23 PM

View PostYankee77, on 16 February 2016 - 06:43 AM, said:

Not sure if trolling... but these quirks look pretty nuts. This looks like a highly mobile version of the Jagermech with more of an energy mix (which is more meta).

The 3N, for example, has some truly stunning quirks. Sure, none of them help with tanking, but these are massive ballistic quirks.

One feeling I get is that this mech is deliberately quirked to make it ideal for creeping in and out of cover to take potshots with its elevated weapons. If anything, the quirks might be excessive (though I imagine the goal is to give it a raison d'etre beyond just being a lighter Jagermech).

This - this thing's going to be a fun ride.

#29 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:29 PM

The Rifleman cruises along nicely, with those big accel/decel quirks. Up the engine and the thing feels quick for its size (and, well, for an IS mech especially).

I had a couple 280s (standard and XL) leftover from Warhammers, and you can do a nice little AC20/4ML brawler RFL-3N. Feels quick even without basics unlocked, but gotta be careful with heat since you can't bring along too many heat sinks. Twist between shots and that arm does an OK job shielding.

I'm not overly concerned with CW meta, but the thing is pugging along nicely for me. You can't go full Rambo like a TDR brawler in its prime, but so far so good.

I dig this thing so far, it has a different feel relative to the Blackjack and other comparable mechs I've tried. Haven't done a super long range build yet, but the all energy variant with 70% accel/decel should be good at dry humping corners and hills at range.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users