Noob Question

6 replies to this topic

#1 PorkedPork

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPolar Highlands (LRM Heaven)

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:52 PM

Ok first of I'm sorry for looking like a complete noob for asking these dumb questions. So to start, how does the tier system work. I just went from Tier 5 to 4 and I am wondering if im going in the right direction or not. And also what are Savior Kills. I get these from time to time but I have no idea what they are since when I get a "Savior Kill" I dont even get a kill.

#2 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:57 PM

You just got put in a higher tier. Savior im pretty sure it just means you killed someone to keep someone from dying or someone who was being shot.

#3 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:01 PM

There are a total of 5 tiers (1 to 5)

New player start in tier-5 and as you gain practice and get better, you move up. (Note: The first couple of matches are weighted out of proportion, so that if a vet creates a new account, he is moved up to where he belongs faster)

While the rating is called the PSR (Player Skill Rating), it is in part also an experience bar, since it tends to favor moving a player up (even if only slowly after those first couple matches).

Have a look here for a more detailed explanation what influences your rating:
http://mwomercs.com/...easesdecreases/

Edit:
Savior kill is, when you engage an enemy that is already shooting at a team-mate and that enemy is then killed (not necessarily by you). Basically, you helped save your team-mate - at least that is how I remember it. Could be wrong though.

Edited by Antecursor Venatus, 12 February 2016 - 03:03 PM.

#4 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:15 PM

View Postjoemusashi2, on 12 February 2016 - 02:52 PM, said:

Ok first of I'm sorry for looking like a complete noob for asking these dumb questions. So to start, how does the tier system work. I just went from Tier 5 to 4 and I am wondering if im going in the right direction or not. And also what are Savior Kills. I get these from time to time but I have no idea what they are since when I get a "Savior Kill" I dont even get a kill.

Unlike 99% of game forums out there, we encourage people to ask questions, and don't yell at them for being new, or not familiar with everything.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you have, and we'll answer all of them, XD.

I may be off on this, but Savior kills require you to assist in killing an enemy targeting friendly mechs that have their armor stripped, within 10 seconds of them attacking your exposed friendly. You won't get a savior kill if you kill someone hitting a fresh mech. Your friendly mech needs to have some internals exposed for it to proc.

You'll get them for assisting, or killing the mech in question.

#5 Languid Mass

Rookie

• The Grizzly
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:05 PM

Follow up question, besides placing you against better opposition - are there any benefits to being in a higher tier?

#6 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:19 PM

People are more likely to use VoIP and work as a team (sometimes). You'll be taken slightly more seriously by forum warriors if you display it. You're less likely to get a horrible shock in faction play when you run into a team that focuses components and shoots straight.

#7 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:25 AM

View PostLanguid Mass, on 12 February 2016 - 08:05 PM, said:

Follow up question, besides placing you against better opposition - are there any benefits to being in a higher tier?

Higher tier would imply better skill, so one of the benefits is having people that are more willing to cooperate, or coordinate. In the end, it's still supposed to put you in equal skilled matches, so the relative difference between the players in a match should be minimal. It's just that you're more likely to see people shoot down UAVs, and not fire their alpha strike into your rear CT at the spawn point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users