4 replies to this topic

#1 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:41 AM

I was just browsing through the skill tab and found the LB-X range module. I wondered whether more range also means less spread at a given distance.

When I use the IS LB-10X I usually dont fire at targets >500 meters because of the high spread on those distances so +10% range to get the full 1dmg/pellet is not useful to me, but less spread at least has some benefit to justify a precious slot.

Edited by Exard3k, 13 February 2016 - 11:42 AM.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:47 AM

Yes. Basically, the circle of spread at Optimal Range remains a constant diameter: Use a range mod, and it'll spread to that same diameter at the new max range. This DOES mean that the spread is tighter, but keep in mind, the range mod doesn't add a huge amount to weapon range, so the change in spread at any given point isn't going to be very substantial.

#3 Exard3k

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:58 AM

Thank you, Wintersdark! At least the module is not totally useless, I'm not sure if I get one for my Legend Killer next week, but at least I have to make a decision if it's worth it.

Edited by Exard3k, 13 February 2016 - 11:59 AM.

#4 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:12 AM

Keep in mind, nothing says your LK has to have LB-Xes on it. I'm all for using LB-X autocannon when they're right for the job (i.e. you need/want a heavy support weapon rather than another main gun), but there are plenty of times they're not right for the job because you're looking for a primary dakka and not the third or fourth hit in a combo.

#5 Exard3k

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:48 AM

I know...but I'll stick to the stock layout with some optimizations for the first few days. I got AC5, AC10, LBX and PPC across different variants so getting them elited is more interesting in terms of loadout and variation. I can screw around with loadout later Posted Image But Legend Killer will be the most powerful LB10 platform in MWO, so why not capitalize on that? Love that gun although I must admit that brawler-type weapons may not be optimal for a relatively slow hill peeker in the first place.

Edited by Exard3k, 14 February 2016 - 03:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users