Progress Report

3 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:58 PM

since my last grumblings on getting my clock cleaned by more experienced players in open rounds, i think i have improved alot. even when i get cornered in a bad position i end up dealing around 100 (average) damage out before dying quickly and if i am among the last then i end up dealing closer to 300. I am running a griffin 3m only moderately modded since it was alot already when i bought it.

Also how do you know when you are close to getting max xp on a particular mech? I am tending to like griffins and hunchbacks alot more now that i am lasting longer.

#2 Dan Baxter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 240 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:10 PM

As you gather XP on a 'mech, you can spend the XP on 'mech skills to improve the chassis, with stuff like extra heat capacity, more torso twist, and six other skills. To spend the XP, you would have to find the "skills" button on the main page for the game, then find the Griffin 3M with the medium Mechs. You can purchase skills for you mechs with XP or GXP (XP is recommended as it is easier to earn).

To unlock all eight basic skills simultaneously, you would need to earn about 14,250 XP for a variant. You can unlock skills gradually as you play, however.

#3 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:27 PM

View PostDan Baxter, on 13 February 2016 - 05:10 PM, said:

As you gather XP on a 'mech, you can spend the XP on 'mech skills to improve the chassis, with stuff like extra heat capacity, more torso twist, and six other skills. To spend the XP, you would have to find the "skills" button on the main page for the game, then find the Griffin 3M with the medium Mechs. You can purchase skills for you mechs with XP or GXP (XP is recommended as it is easier to earn).

To unlock all eight basic skills simultaneously, you would need to earn about 14,250 XP for a variant. You can unlock skills gradually as you play, however.

Generally with basic skills I go for the ones that help with heat first, after that I tend to go for whichever is the most expensive first. For the elite skills, I always go for speed tweak first.

#4 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:24 PM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 13 February 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

since my last grumblings on getting my clock cleaned by more experienced players in open rounds, i think i have improved alot. even when i get cornered in a bad position i end up dealing around 100 (average) damage out before dying quickly and if i am among the last then i end up dealing closer to 300. I am running a griffin 3m only moderately modded since it was alot already when i bought it.

Also how do you know when you are close to getting max xp on a particular mech? I am tending to like griffins and hunchbacks alot more now that i am lasting longer.

Generally speaking, there is no MAX for XP on a mech. But it kinda works like this:

There are 8 BASIC skills to be unlocked per mech, each with XP. GXP MAY be substituted, but that is not advised (it's used to unlock pilot skills for modules, too, and is best spent to that end). Those eight skills each cost between 750 and 3,500 XP each.

Once you have unlocked all 8 BASIC skills for each of at least 3 variants of a chassis, then you may begin unlocking ELITE skills for any of them. There are 4 ELITE skills, costing between 3,000 and 8,500 XP each.

Once you have unlocked all 4 ELITE skills for each of at least 3 mech variants within the weight class (LIGHT, MEDIUM, HEAVY, or ASSAULT), then you may begin unlocking the MASTER skill for for any of them.

MASTER is a single skill costing 21,500 XP. This single skill unlocks the extra MECH/WEAPON module slot for that mech, which should currently show as "Locked".

Beyond the MASTER skill unlock, a mech continues to accrue XP as usual. Currently, there is no other unlock, skill, achievement, etc., that can be unlocked with this XP. It is at this point that SOME mechwarriors decide to spend MC to convert XP to GXP, as there is no further use for mech-specific XP. That is entirely up to you, the individual mechwarrior, of course. As all skill tables and so on are subject to change down the road, I might recommend against converting XP.

For instance, on my alt account (The Mecha Streisand), I own a RVN-3L. This is an OLD account, and I've had that Raven since before ECM was activated. That RVN-3L is MASTERed, and I have since converted upward of 70,000 XP from it to GXP, and it currently has something like 110,000 XP on it, accruing every time I play a match in that mech.

This account has 3 ACHs, 3 SHCs, and 4 EBJs. I bought the fourth EBJ later. I bought the Cauldron Born pack of the Clan Wave 3 collection shortly after it went live, and missed out on the SHC-P, ACH-C, and EBJ-C. My ACHs are all MASTERed, as are my SHCs, and 3/4 EBJs. Each continues to accrue XP, though, whenever I play a non-private match in it, despite there being no further purpose (currently) to such XP. Shortly after I achieved MASTER on each of those mechs, I did finish off some MC I had in my account by converting XP -> GXP, and used THAT to unlock a LOT of modules through the PILOT skill tree.

I hope that helps.

TL;DR- There is no MAX XP for a mech, and you should probably hold on to any XP you earn beyond the MASTER skill level on each mech you own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users