Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:51 AM

I got sober......ish

#62 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 03 April 2016 - 09:42 AM

You know what? I need to ask this question, too.

Two major units inside Clan Wolf, the two units that practically make Clan Wolf what it is, just underwent massive leadership changes; radical changes, primarily through resignations of officers.

Specifically, when your unit has three entire companies of personnel and officers turn in their dogtags and command roles, that should be a clear sign that something is grossly wrong with the way things are done.

This isn't a job, guys-and we shouldn't be treating it like it's a job. That's why I left my last unit: because it became less fun and more job. I joined up as a trigger-puller, not a pencil-pusher. So when I was expected to be a pencil-pusher, I couldn't damn take it anymore.

We need to start treating our teammates like they're fellow gamers rather than expecting them to fill out reports or even force them to play.

When you log in, you should want to be here, and you shouldn't expect anyone to show up based on someone's command. We should all 'want' to play together rather than hold some kind of expectation that people 'must' be here or 'need to be here.'

I've already got a real-world money-making job; two in fact! I don't need this 'game' to become a 'job!'

Edited by Commander A9, 03 April 2016 - 09:43 AM.

#63 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 03 April 2016 - 10:14 AM

Lol that explains why you are no longer at the bureaucracy simulator :)

#64 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:13 PM

Damn right.

This isn't the military; this isn't a paying corporation.

Stop treating it like it is.

I'm here to pull the trigger and kill mechs. Let me do that and I'll make your drop team shine.

Just ask the opponents we've been brutalizing all night tonight (especially the idiots who let me sneak up on them and take them out from behind without them even so much as twitching to react)!

#65 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:19 AM

Suggest you guys change your faction name to Clan Turtle

Posted Image

You guys will have to come out of your shell eventually.

#66 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:30 AM

That some cool camo man

#67 Depressing-Fire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNew Tasmania, Kikuyu

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:33 AM

Brian Cache Tortoise.

#68 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:40 PM

As a Clan, we should have never stopped playing Community Warfare. When we made the decision to pull ourselves off the line, that was it. :/

#69 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:06 AM

After the battle of tukkayid and no changes to the CW there wasn't much incentives for the bigger wolf units to do all over AGAIN.

I hope the phase 3 changes bring them back.

View PostP00rDecisions, on 08 March 2016 - 07:01 PM, said:

Typical lies from him, I'm not surprised. Hell, at the rate he reports players and for the ridiculous reasons he reports them (read: abuses the reporting system), I'm surprised he has any time left in the match to get any damage, himself.

Besides, he's one to talk, what with him always hanging out in the back, not following orders when someone steps up to drop call, and always just doing his own thing. He's not a team player at all when he's the only SWOL unit member in the PUG.

implying he isn't already set on the supports mail spam filter

Edited by Lily from animove, 19 April 2016 - 06:07 AM.

#70 Daemon Max

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBlumenau - SC

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:32 PM

"Boys (and Girls) let's have some understanding of what is happening here... I only feel that our beloved Clan is filled by cowards lately..."

Let's face it, the people fleed from the clan, we still need more people in to this, so i've figured, it would be great to have some light organization in the wolf clan, just enought not to tear it apart... I'm not the best on guessing, but i think i'm fairly right about focus veteran combatants in units to response IS or even rival clans to take our territory. Even now somebody is making sweet sweet MC's and C-bills while we still holding just a fewer planets...I tell you... Isn't that enought motivation to grind some metal in the name of our wild fangs, brothers and sisters? We need to restore the faith in ourselves and above all... we're a pack.

Of character... we need to organize better our atacks. Gather more active units and fellas who bind the group. I love people who group up and use tools like TS3 and do meetings and share strategys to de newcomers. Those atitudes are kite rare. Every time i find someone new playing, i share some info, or at least i try to. I've never been invited to a serious Unit. I rarely see our Units playing coordinated as i've faced, for example, Rashalhage and Stainer, in Faction games. I say our peaple take lightly the game on Faction aspect. I Say Fine... we don't need to be serious, but we need to be coordinated sometime. Just saying.

By the way, i'm avaliable eventualy on weekends and some rare days douring the week after 4PM, i have mic and i like to debate strategy. Im not in a Unit and i'd love to join a nice one... not too serious (becouse i have a work, wife and do extras in a bar).

Sincerely yours
- DaemonMax - The Headsman Posted Image

Edited by Daemon Max, 27 April 2016 - 03:33 PM.

#71 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:54 PM

Is there any Team or Lance training? I choose Clan Wolf because I've read all the books years ago. I did not look up the fact that we are rated 9th out of 10 here. (I admit, i might have went with someone else) I will never be a really good player but I can be part of a team. I even bought an otherwise useless Jenner to Narc and no one cares.

It is creepy coming off the drop ship and seeing that there are 3 of us left and 45 of them. I came into this game planning to be in the ...I do not know even more. I guess I could just start another account...

Otherwise I'm open to getting together to work.

#72 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:07 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 04 May 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

Is there any Team or Lance training? I choose Clan Wolf because I've read all the books years ago. I did not look up the fact that we are rated 9th out of 10 here. (I admit, i might have went with someone else) I will never be a really good player but I can be part of a team. I even bought an otherwise useless Jenner to Narc and no one cares.

It is creepy coming off the drop ship and seeing that there are 3 of us left and 45 of them. I came into this game planning to be in the ...I do not know even more. I guess I could just start another account...

Otherwise I'm open to getting together to work.

What hours are you playing? SWOL is usually active during NA prime time. We may be able to help you or point you towards another unit.

#73 DeathEagle

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:56 PM

I don't know what the hell everyone is talking about but I'm marshalling a huge force. We'll be making a huge charge against Steiner as soon as the corridor opens up.

Don't stress - reinforcements are en route; the real fight begins soon.

Star Colonel Black - 5th Wolf Guards.

Edited by DeathEagle, 04 May 2016 - 03:57 PM.

#74 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:22 PM

Gotta stress when you use contractions like a freebirth....

#75 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:21 PM

View PostGruinhardt, on 04 May 2016 - 03:07 PM, said:

What hours are you playing? SWOL is usually active during NA prime time. We may be able to help you or point you towards another unit.

I'm disabled and I play about all day (until Madden comes out, lol).

#76 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:21 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 06 April 2016 - 07:13 PM, said:

Damn right.

This isn't the military; this isn't a paying corporation.

Stop treating it like it is.

I'm here to pull the trigger and kill mechs. Let me do that and I'll make your drop team shine.

This. its why i don't play in units at the moment.

Whenever i do feel like trying again, it irrationally aggravates me, that despite playing the game since launch, previously being a drop caller in CWDG and clearly being capable of piloting a mech to a decent standard in random drops, i still get told i need to attend "recruit training" or some ******** like that.

After doing some random drops with potential units, scoring better than 2/3 of my allies, then receiving a PM saying "you still haven't done your recruit training/boot camp", i just get fed up and lose interest.

Right or wrong, that's how i feel about it.

My view is that people take this game way too seriously. If you aren't being paid to play this game, there is no need to take it so seriously. You just need to find the right people. After all, this game isn't rocket science. You just need a steady temperament.

If more units tried it, they might get more recruits and more importantly, better retention. Best unit time i ever had in this game was in CWDG with Gyrok, XPhoenix, and a load of other cool cats. Great community, and there was very little meddling. Then as soon as there was more and more focus on turning towards comp play and rules when you had to play, loads of people left and it went downhill from there.

There is a moral in there.

Edited by Fade Akira, 21 July 2016 - 05:30 AM.

#77 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:45 AM

tukkayid 2 happened, after that all wolfes who were seriously playing FW lost interest. and the few remainign wolfs are not enough for proper FW.

#78 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts
  • Locationwashington state

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:04 AM

Clan Goliath Scorpion International has been a Wolf loyalist since the beginning of CW/FW
Our numbers have been small (10-20) active warriors but we have fought beside and with All the major wolf units,
Our Khan CGSRonnin, our Sakhan Redwolf Shaw, Loremaster AC Glint and Galaxy Comm Will, along with Many of our Warriors, have at one time been on comms and in Game With All our fellow Wolf Units. We fought in Both tukkayid events, ( some of us were with CWI and EPSI) and were proud to help Wolf take first place both times.

We will fight As Wolf, For Wolf, and With Wolf until MWO ceases to exist..

#79 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:40 PM

The big units like CWI and SWOL lost leadership and drive to do anything. They also lose their best players as they move to a more competitive environment.

The better units went merc cause most players are close to if not already maxed out loyalist and they get more options for drops by being able to drop IS as well.

It happens.

Edited by Carl Vickers, 21 July 2016 - 03:40 PM.

#80 Depressing-Fire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNew Tasmania, Kikuyu

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:19 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 21 July 2016 - 03:40 PM, said:

The big units like CWI and SWOL lost leadership and drive to do anything. They also lose their best players as they move to a more competitive environment.

The better units went merc cause most players are close to if not already maxed out loyalist and they get more options for drops by being able to drop IS as well.

It happens.

Pretty much this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users