- - - - -

Overcoming Blindness

5 replies to this topic

#1 StumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:50 PM

Any tips for dealing with lousy visibility? PGI seems to LOOOOOVE fog/mist/smoke/leaves/blinding snow, and it really makes me struggle.

Edit: I should add that night vision and heat vision don't help much.

Edited by TacoJ, 16 February 2016 - 04:52 PM.

#2 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:52 PM

Turn down graphics detail. Yes, it'll make the game look terrible. But it also removes a significant part of the visual obstructions present in the game.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:54 PM

Thermal / Night vision. You'd be surprised how useful they are even out of context (just shut off the cockpit light with . [period])
Higher resolution would also work wonders.

Or turn down graphics details.

#4 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:20 PM

something looks changed as of this patch... I was standing near theta on tourmline.. (well just around that corner where you can see to e7)... I almost could not see the mechs standing there it was so hazy.. I just saw a shadow, then realized.. after squinting it was 4 mechs over there.. This is not normal

I have all my levels turned way down.. It looks like they did something in the patch visually. Just like the lighting stealth nerf a while back.. something got screwed up, and everything was blinding. a week later it was back to normal

Edited by JC Daxion, 16 February 2016 - 08:21 PM.

#5 War Kitten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationUnder a Cat

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:13 PM

Greetings All,

TacoJ: You also might try disabling the cockpit glass in the setting menu. There is a box for it and that might help you see better.

War Kitten

#6 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:29 AM

All of the above, PLUS you can try increasing the Gamma setting in the graphics options. I like to set it up to 75%: doesn't make things too unnatural looking, but really helps to see on those maps which are just a relentless, monotone blur.

Some people consider fiddling with Gamma cheesy, but I do it without any shame, as this game really has too bad visibility too often.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users