- - - - -

To Buy A Mech

6 replies to this topic

#1 Ionstorm007

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:42 AM

do i have to buy a mech to play or can i get a free mech to start ,to c if i will like the game

#2 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:52 AM

All players have access to 16 trial mechs (4 mech each in 4 classes (light, medium, heavy, assault)) that are free to use. They are not customizable though, so you can only run the standard loadout with them.

Play the tutorial and play a bit with your trial mechs to get you some cbills to buy your first own mechs.

Have fun playing Posted Image

Edited by Exard3k, 15 February 2016 - 11:54 AM.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:54 AM

to start with there are 16 trial Mechs which you can play.

first do the tutoral, not only will it give a good overview of the basics but it also gives 5 million cbills, enough to buy a cheep Mech, but do not buy a Mech at that stage.

your first 25 games give you match earnings + 12 million cbills, after the tutorial and the first 25 games you should have 18-20 million cbills.

during the first 25 games try most of the trial Mechs, playing them all would not hurt, take notes on what you like/dislike about each, then if you loved a paticular Mech by all means buy that for cbills in the store, if there was not a Mech you loved come back here with those notes and ask for advice.

most Mechs will require a lot of money in upgrades to get them competitave,so do not just look at the Locust and think wow that only costs 2 million, I can by 9 of them, by the time you have upgraded and outfitted the Locust you will usualy have spent 6+ million, most Lights are the same, double the purchase cost in upgrades are usualy required to get a Light Mech to a semi competitave state, mediums may look more expensive than lights but you can oftern get a Medium combat ready much cheeper.

check out http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab and design your Mech before buying anything so you do not get any unplesent surprizes when it comes time to buy something.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 15 February 2016 - 11:55 AM.

#4 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,592 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:18 PM

First log in game, click home tab then left wheres select mech, there wll under Cokpit show up Testing grounds snd Tutorial , play first that. click Basic training
After! ffinishing Tutorial, >Select Mech then as i marked it,click a weight clas then trial if they not show up click expand all ,choose a mech, if you point with the mouse on a mech on the right side will a window pop up with the Weapons and equipment of the Mech, so click on a mech that you like then click quick play. sry for my bad english hope it helped for your first steps into.I made this fast just to show you how to choose a mech AFTER finishing tutorial. Good luck,have fun.

Posted Image

Edited by Mighty Spike, 15 February 2016 - 12:31 PM.

#5 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:58 PM

In the MWO Academy (Tutorial) you can change your Mech too (good way to try out all of them.)

And.. Of course...on You Tube you can find and watch more MWO related usefull video, than active player in the game.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:42 PM

You can "Buy" a mech with your in-game pay eventually. I recommend it after completing the tutorial and 25 matches.

Between Academy's free-range mode where you can wander around and change mechs and do exercises and the trial mechs, hopefully you'll have an idea of what kind of machines and roles you like.

Also:
Welcome to Mechwarrior Online.

#7 AC8

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCentral US

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:23 PM

View PostKoniving, on 15 February 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

You can "Buy" a mech with your in-game pay eventually. I recommend it after completing the tutorial and 25 matches.

Between Academy's free-range mode where you can wander around and change mechs and do exercises and the trial mechs, hopefully you'll have an idea of what kind of machines and roles you like.

Also:
Welcome to Mechwarrior Online.

Yes, run your first 25 games first then look to buy mechs. Save save save both your GXP and C-Bills. You will have a substantial amount saved up. Will make unlocking tiers a lot eaiser as well buying the mech chassis you like. Also remember you will have invest in 3 of the same mech (different variants) to make it to master tier on them. Also use GXP for unlocking Pilot Skills only.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users