New Game Mode To Add: Assault

1 reply to this topic

#1 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:42 AM

Ok. I am being a bit sarcastic. Yes, Assault is already in the game. But is it really?

The name of the game in MWOnline is making C-bills. I don't necessarily agree that this should be the do all, end all goal in the game but it is what it is. Right now, we have Skirmish, Capture and Skirmish II errr I mean Assault. Imagine my surprise the first time I solo captured an enemy base and got scolded by my teammates for costing them C-bills. OK, I am a noob to MWOnline. Who knew you were not supposed to try to win?

I see where they were coming from now. I have been given many examples of the impact on capping a base too early by the Vets around here. In many cases, it is more profitable to lose than to win by capping if you wrack up good damage and a couple kills.

That, to me, is just wrong. Assault should be all about strategy, sneakiness, misdirection, offense and defense. It should force you to make choices and suffer the consequences if you make the wrong ones. I am not talking just about Mech selection but also unit placement and movement.

How can this be accomplished? Simple. Make capturing the enemy base outweigh every other reward payout by far in this mode. Make everyone on the team WANT to capture the base because that is what will fill their coffers the most.

To this end, I think the C-bill reward for base capture should be doubled, tripled or even quadrupled from what it is now so that Assault is no longer just another variant of Skirmish.

If this has already been suggested, even if it has been suggested several times, then consider this a reiteration.

#2 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:46 AM

I believe the problem is that reward kills and damage and basically people like running around in big stompy mechs, shooting up other big stompy mechs. which means that people end waiting in the select place on the map for a fight. So until the game becomes more than damage and kill fest base capping for the win does not fly with a lot of people and I suspect if you change the mechanic such that it is not the be all and end all you may lose people.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users