#21 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:18 PM

View PostT R3 MkII, on 23 February 2016 - 11:18 AM, said:

"Funny how lights are apparently OP when light mechs often only have 4-11% of the cue while heavies half the time hit 40-50%. "

He has a Direwolf, which for assaults the queue's are almost the same as lights these days. This tells me that assaults need to be a lot harder to kill...

Any good light pilot knows that the best way to kill most assault mechs is with a light mech.
And yes, i have direwolfs, cicadas, firestarters, cheetas, atlas, king crabs... actually, there is only 2 mechs that i do not have! And those will be the Archer and the Rifleman.
What i mean is, i know all the mechs, and i do know that light mechs can be so OP! Ever since the spiders came out, alongside with a really bad hit reg, the lights have dominated!

Does anyone remembers the first OP mech on the game? The the streak-CAT, and the second was the raven 3L.
When the spiders came out, those were a real pain! The reality is that light mechs in this game are of the best brawlers available, and they should have been scouts or close support to some heavier mechs.

Presently, all lights still suffer from bad hit registry, but arent as bad as it was before. Still, never underestimate a light mech, it has speed, manouver and, with all the quirks, firepower!

PS- i did once Grand Melee while in a clan unit, it was part of blood tournment. Alot of people brought Highlanders, Orions, Hunchies, i came with a firestarter. And yes i won the grand melee, the sole survivor. I knew how a firestarter can survive.
And one other thing, the other guy with me in the finale, was another firestarter. Lights won that grand melee.
All this to say, never understimate a light mech, it will probably kill you!

#22 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:06 PM

View PostSpadejack, on 20 February 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

Lights have been the most OP mechs since the beggining of this game!
Does anyone still remembers how OP was the spider? Before the clans? There are videos on Youtube showing that a spider could be hit by an AC20 and do 0 dmg! Hit reg on spiders were a real problem! Even PGI knew that,
Nowadays, lights still suffer from bad hit reg, but not as problematic as the spider used to be.
All in all, when piloting an Atlas, a King Crab and specially a DireWolf, be very afraid of light mechs! Whenever im in one of those mechs, i always keep an eye out for lights!
Remember, the best way to kill an assault, bring a light! Best way to kill a light, bring a medium! Best way to kill a medium, bring a heavy! And, the best way to kill a heavy, its with an assault

That's the way it used to be.

Now Lights are hardly seen while Heavies are everywhere proving Lights are not that hot unless the pilot is really good.

#23 SIN Deacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 351 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:48 PM

Just bring knockdown back, where heavy weapons that weight as much as the light mechs knock them to the ground. After they removed that from the game along with collision lights were free to pinball their way through a deathball or endless circles in close quarter combat with minimal impact to top speed when hitting buildings or rocks.

Mw4 mercs nearly 15 years old had this simple mechanic, a shame a game on a newer engine developed with newer software cant do the same. Its a marvel the game has trees we can knock down!

#24 Strength Damage Cliff Racer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:43 AM

I think light class shouldn't be nerfed because of 2 simple reasons:
1)It's still the most susceptible to OHK class, so you are dead should your ISP even look at you funny.
2)It's still a class that can't get sensible quantities in queue. In fact, you never see games with lack of heavies, you rarely see less than quarter of mediums, it's quite an event to see only one assault on each side, but it's distrubingly easy to run in the game with no lights at all. That means that, despite that light next door is quite a PITA for you, it's close to extinction on bigger picture.

Edited by Confirmed Cheater, 26 February 2016 - 11:44 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users