Brutal Stalker Build...

22 replies to this topic

#1 Tetetule

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:10 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2820deb1c1c1c92

With this build u can kill Atlas and King Crabs 1 vs 1 solo without much problems. Really this loadout is BRUTALITY on all its letters. So a 85 tons mech can kill 100s on seconds. Also,i noticed that Inner Sphere SMRs (i think) that does more damage than his clan counterparts,because i maked a new account for try another build on same weaponery but on a clan mech,it does less damage on C-SRMs than Inner Sphere SRMs. The proff is that i killed one Atlas followed by a King Crab solo with the Stalker with the loadout posted above,while with the clan mech i dont had any chance.

The bad point that much players said me,was the XL engine. Using XL engine on a SRM brawler is a bad idea,because if ur left or right torsos are hurt,the chances of die are high. But i need to learn how to survive using my teammates as a chess pieces,if any of my teammates have LRMs or large lasers...RIGHT!!! Because when the enemy comes close,i enter in action,like my last match. Another bad point of this loadout is the range capped to close combat,so maps like alpine peaks or polar highlands are bad for me. So i must trust on my teammates,if they leave me alone...i pray for not beign chased by 2 or 3 lights alone. 1 light can give me difficultyes too.

But other than that,this mech with that loadout is a BEAST!!! Please,King Crabs with 4 U/ACs 5,stay appart of my road,the juggernaut is here...

**: Ok im not a juggernaut,but i see much assaults with INCREDIBLE firepower,like about 10 small lasers and an AC 10 or a Dire Wolf with 9 PPCs...there is no rival for this.

#2 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:20 PM

That's so poorly optimized I can only assume you are trolling. If you are serious...

Here are the reasons its bad:
T
oo much ammo.
XL in a stalker.
Bap for no reason.
2 Tons of ams ammo?
Lack of ES.

Try this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5971ff89f28a491

Edited by Kaptain, 15 February 2016 - 11:22 PM.

#3 Stormie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 279 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:27 PM

yeah. try something like this instead. similar to your build but better.
*haven't fixed the armour as CBF
STK-5M

Edited by Stormie, 15 February 2016 - 11:28 PM.

#4 Tetetule

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:57 PM

View PostKaptain, on 15 February 2016 - 11:20 PM, said:

That's so poorly optimized I can only assume you are trolling. If you are serious...

Here are the reasons its bad:
T
oo much ammo.
XL in a stalker.
Bap for no reason.
2 Tons of ams ammo?
Lack of ES.

Try this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5971ff89f28a491

Well if i start to defend my loadout u start to do comments back and i dont like to discuss with a hater. With my loadout i killed assaults in seconds and the heat isnt high. So yes,im trolling...for u. Have a nice day.

Edited by Tetetule, 16 February 2016 - 04:58 PM.

#5 Tetetule

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:02 PM

View PostTetetule, on 16 February 2016 - 04:57 PM, said:

Well if i start to defend my loadout u start to do comments back and i dont like to discuss with a hater. With my loadout i killed assaults in seconds and the heat isnt high. So yes,im trolling...for u. Have a nice day.

Well im partidary of not much heat generation,so my loadout,other than the xl engine issue is right. Thanks anyway.

#6 ALKALIN3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:07 PM

You've got brutal down to a T...that is brutally terrible.

#7 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:39 PM

View PostTetetule, on 15 February 2016 - 11:10 PM, said:

**: Ok im not a juggernaut,but i see much assaults with INCREDIBLE firepower,like about 10 small lasers and an AC 10 or a Dire Wolf with 9 PPCs...there is no rival for this.

Having firepower and having the skills to use it are two separate things.

Ill offer some constructive criticism:

SRM brawling in a Stalker is a good idea.
300+ engine is a good idea - Stalker is slow by nature and needs all the speed it can get.

Now, the criticisms:

XL Engine in a Stalker negates one of its best features - hitboxes and deadsiding damage.
Stlaker's shape and hitboes let them tank more damage than their tonnage normally allows IF the pilot knows hot to roll damage and use terrain/positioning to present the deadside instead of the CT. Varies on the variant due to torso twist range.

This is also why the Misery Hero mech has stood tall and useful despite changes in meta.

AMS is pointless
Why? It shoots down @5% of a crappy weapon system, a weapon sytem that can be negated by piloting alone - average skill piloting.

You only used 4 of the 5 M hardpoints. MWO generally favors boating weapons. You get ghost heat with 5 launchers but firing 2-3 solves that.
52 damage is nice. 65 is nicer. A lot nicer. For a brawler this is the difference between removing an enemy's weapon/life in one volley or 2.

You dont need a BAP.

Full armor, thats good.

Your build is overly-cool. In smurfy 25% to 33% is generally good. Overly cool basically = under fire-powered or too slow.

Now...ARTEMIS. You are gonna want Artemis on IS-SRM6s, because it concentrates damage.
Tighter the spread, more damage in one component, faster kills. IS-SRM4s can go without depending on chassis and quirks.

Now for proper Stalker SRM brawler builds - use metamechs

For SRMs use this build.

For a mix of SRM and some range poke with a whole deadside.

If you wish to know why those builds are better i can explain.

#8 Tetetule

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:19 PM

Did it!!! I make the ultimate stalker loadout,excluding the holy XL engine:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e1297b2ccb753d8

Im going to master elite now Posted Image

Edited by Tetetule, 17 February 2016 - 09:37 PM.

#9 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Earth......

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:00 PM

Good luck making it to the opponent in a stalker with an XL. Of all the mechs you can possibly put an XL in, stalker is probably the worst choice. In regards to your new build, you don't need the BAP, you're not running streaks. You don't need any more then 2 tons of ammo for each launcher, and you should bump up the engine.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0cf45679d216ce0

I feel this is probably a pretty good brawler. It's based around the metamechs STK 5m, but without artemis. I feel after the SRM buff artemis isn't entirely necessary (IMO, I'm not exactly an SRM fanatic nor user.... So take my opinion with a grain of salt.). It's done away with the AMS, BAP, and other unnecessary things like WAAAAY too much ammo. This build is probably a decent zombie, and the LL in the CT gives it some poking power outside the range of its SRMs.

Peace, and have fun

Edited by Kimberm1911, 17 February 2016 - 11:09 PM.

#10 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:40 PM

View PostTetetule, on 17 February 2016 - 09:19 PM, said:

Did it!!! I make the ultimate stalker loadout,excluding the holy XL engine:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e1297b2ccb753d8

Im going to master elite now Posted Image

Dude, i really dont want to spoil your enthusiasm, because its pretty awesome.

But...

That build is a walking ammo explosion. You do realize that ammo can explode, right?

Seriously, use the builds i linked to, they are pretty optimal.

You want the Artemis for tighter SRM blasts.
You want at least an XL300 engine so not only are you faster but can turn/twist faster.
Ditch the AMS.
Equip Endo.
Front load that armor. Rear armor should be 8/12 tops. If you are getting shot in the back a lot, you messed up on positioning.

How long have you been playing? How old are you? If you dont mind me asking.

#11 TheClanReject

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:48 PM

OP I would really suggest you try the builds suggested in this thread. Any proper Atlas build will rip your Stalker apart, like the 4 ASRM6 AC20 Atlas S, walk into that and you will have yourself some serious problems.

#12 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:22 PM

We all encourage everyone to have fun building mechs but the people who responded here are correct. I would follow their advice. I usually use metamechs.com to find best builds. Then I might adjust or toy with some changes here and there for fun. But I know I don't build as efficient as others have figured out.

#13 Tetetule

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:31 PM

View PostPlzJustDie, on 18 February 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

OP I would really suggest you try the builds suggested in this thread. Any proper Atlas build will rip your Stalker apart, like the 4 ASRM6 AC20 Atlas S, walk into that and you will have yourself some serious problems.

Thanks for the advice,ill make that Atlas for me then when i have cbills ready,but atm i enjoy my Stalker :)

#14 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:38 PM

Given the prevalence of Large Lasers in the current environment, I think adding a longer ranged weapon or two would be a good idea for that Stalker build. Right now, you've got a max of 270m (297m with module). When your mech moves at 63.5kph, it's inviting you to be kited :/ It doesn't really matter how hard your alpha is if you can't get in range to hit it.

For a single AMS, you're probably packing waaaay too much ammo. A triple AMS kitfox would burn through maybe 3000-4000 rounds in a LRM heavy match before the brawling phase starts, and that's with 3 AMS, overload and AMS quirks. You are also in a short-ranged build with no guided missiles on it at all; a BAP is largely wasted, unless you plan on countering the ECM on that pesky cheetah that can outrange you with its CERMLs.

Then comes the case of ammunition consumption. Even in a missile boating SplatFox build (SRM6x4), which literally only uses missiles and has much greater mobility (and therefore chances to attack), I would only expend 600-700 missiles nearly by the end of a match - if I'd managed to live that long before exploding in a suicide run against the enemy assaults. I cannot imagine a scenario where this Stalker build would be able to engage enemies for long enough to blow its entire load of 1100-1200 missiles. Even neglecting heat, it would only be able to fire 24 missiles per 4 seconds, or 360 missiles per minute - which is a solid 4 minutes of firing without stopping. Considering that the beginning 3-4 minutes of an average quick play match of 7-9 minutes is spent in the poke and positioning phase, I really think that you'd never even get close to firing even half these missiles.

Try this build. It's got fewer missiles, but lets you engage at longer distances while also being more powerful in a brawl. STK-5M

Edited by Fox With A Shotgun, 18 February 2016 - 04:48 PM.

#15 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:20 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...52b605813c07a6d

#16 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:37 AM

Brawling in a Stalker?
Even Misery with AC20 is not brawling - it's a mech to break enemy lines... not for twist and circle brawl matches.

STK-5M

Anyhow a heavy load of Shrimps can make a Dire Wolf flinch....take your time and poke some 20point holes in a Mechs armor.
When you trigger all 5 SRM4 - be sure that you hit because it cause ghost heat otherwise - to surpress enemy fire keep chain firing - but watch your heat.
At 50% heat and shortly before you overtake the enemy position go alpha and press the MediumLasers and 5 SRMs for ~28 heat and 58dmg (your target should be dead now. don't circle, don't stop just move on. Go for the next target)

the SRM4 has almost the same spread as a ASRM6 but for 2t less + better cycling rate.

Edited by Karl Streiger, 13 May 2016 - 12:39 AM.

#17 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:38 AM

STK-5M is an overlooked mech, it's posibly one of the best assault mechs (assault used not as in the mech class but as in the action of assaulting an enemy position) the only bad thing about it is that its heat management is bad but since it can brutalize assault mechs in two alphas who cares about it, you might just overheat if you are killing the enemy in the process and with an alpha of 90 it happens a lot :P

Of course do not use OP's builds (no disrespect meant but they suck man) , start with 310 STD, 5SRM6A, 5ML and Beagle fits perfectly with endo.

Also remember your role and your weapons, if your are firing at lights and mediums while there are heavier targets in sight you are doing it wrong, always fire a the heavies, broadest and meaniest thing you can see; personally my favorite targets are direwolves and King crabs, those huge CTs tend to eat most of the alpha.

#18 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:51 PM

View PostKaptain, on 15 February 2016 - 11:20 PM, said:

Bap for no reason.

BAP is fine if you have the extra tonnage and want target info fast or to cancel ECM mechs out. BAP for no reason doesn't really exist.

#19 Recognition

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:10 PM

You can do 5 SRM6 + 1LL for a better, tankier 74 point alpha brawler. Which brings more decisive trades than your 51 alpha.

Go Endo
Drop BAP AMS
STD Engine 310 (SAME SPEED MORE TANK)
You don't need 14 tons of ammo, if you're brawling then you either win the skirmish quickly or die trying. No full on brawler will be in a fight long enough to use all that. Plus ammo explosions.
5 tons of ammo is fine. Give or take a ton based off whether you actually run out or not.
Rest of the space like 7 DHS.
Dropping armor in legs + storing ammo in legs is fine to optimize builds. If the enemy is focusing your legs, that's preferable for you because you still maintain all your firepower + survive longer to deal more dps in a brawl

Also most assaults do 4-8 armor in the rear not 18-22. There is supposed to be a team behind you plus positional awareness; you won't get flanked often. It's more logical to put it in front where the majority of the enemy team will be shooting you from. Even if you do by a light who will most likely die from the rest of your team, 4-8 armor rear wont get you 1shotted.

Edited by Recognition, 17 May 2016 - 03:13 PM.

#20 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:19 AM

Concider this:

STK-5M - 3x Large Lasers + SRM's

You got a decent enough long range alpha with your 3 lasers; you can fall back on a 70pt alpha total for close range combat. The downside with stalkers is that they tend to run hot, this is no exception. Only use your lasers in the brawl when you got a good shot on a single component.

Close Range build

This is a full on close range build, the large laser is to preserve firepower when a sidetorso blows off and to let you poke stuff at range, you're pretty much helpless on long range maps like alpine peaks though unless things break the right way and end up a brawl. Your main weapons are medium lasers and SRM6's. Again, its hot, even if you dont have to deal with heatscale.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users