10 replies to this topic

#1 Nabbis

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:35 AM

Hello fellow mechwarrios!

I had bit of a break from this game and came back on the start of the year much has changed and the clanwarfare has finally come to the game (yes i played when it was not in so yeah..)

few questions regarding it.

How does it generally work?
Does my allaince/clan have anything to do with matchmaking etc?

What about c-bill and xp gain from this system how does it work if I have multiple mechs with bonus to those?

and lastly but not least is timberwolf or direwolf good mech to get and would you buy it with MC or cbills? and what variants?

I think thats everything for now :) Happy to be back.

#2 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:17 PM

Well at the moment, it kinda breaks down into those who are in a clan/guild unit, and those who are mercenaries. If you are in a unit (either clan or IS) under one of the factions, you can attack planets and try to take over then and put your unit tag on that planet.
If you are a mercenary, you attack/defend to either add a planet to your factions space map, or try and defend it from someone else's faction that is trying to take over the planet. Thats the current gist of it. So depending on what faction you plan on piloting for (Clan or IS) you will be limited to only the mechs that faction uses.

BUUUUUUUT season 3 is just around the corner, and things are going to change a whole lot.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:21 PM

View PostNabbis, on 16 February 2016 - 09:35 AM, said:

I had bit of a break from this game and came back on the start of the year much has changed and the clanwarfare has finally come to the game (yes i played when it was not in so yeah..)

What about c-bill and xp gain from this system how does it work if I have multiple mechs with bonus to those?

and lastly but not least is timberwolf or direwolf good mech to get and would you buy it with MC or cbills? and what variants?

I think thats everything for now Posted Image Happy to be back.

the way Faction Play works,

you take a contract with 1 of the 10 factions, 4 Clans 6 IS factions.
if you choose IS you can not use Clan Mechs, choose a Clan and you cannot use IS Mechs

Clan Mechs (cannot be used by the Inner Sphere factions in faction play)
Spoiler

Inner Sphere Mechs (cannot be used by the Clan factions in faction play)
Spoiler

when you go to the faction play screen, assuming you have a contract, down the right side will be a list of planets you can attack or defend, each will show the number of attackers or defenders queued, to find a match fast look for a planet with more red than blue and which has just below a multiple of 12 blue players.

you will need to have available 4 Mechs with a combined weight of between 160 and 260 tons, you can use trial Mechs if you want.

there is no matchmaking other than ensuring 12 people are on each side, you could be up against an elite 12 player team with 12 individuals.

CW brings in about the same cbills per game as 2-3 regular games, but takes 2-4 times as long and you can sometimes be waiting 20+ minutes for a game

Timber Wolf is a great Mech, but gets a lot of attention because every one knows it is one of the best.
Dire Wolf has a lot of firepower but is realy slow and sluggish, most Mechs can kill it 1v1 at close range but at mid to long range it is a monster, to be great it needs to be supported by the rest of the team

#4 Nabbis

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:01 PM

Okay well thats a good info bomb.

And if i understood correctly I need to have 4 mechs that are under the 160 ton limit to participate in the faction stuff?

So for example the 3 timberwolfs or dires wouldn't be enough and would most likely even be over the weight limit on the clan side and I would need 1-3 other mechs to fill the 3 other spots?

What are these contracts you can also sign?

Edited by Nabbis, 16 February 2016 - 02:43 PM.

#5 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:46 PM

View PostNabbis, on 16 February 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

And if i understood correctly I need to have 4 mechs that are under the 160 ton limit to participate in the faction stuff?

So for example the 3 timberwolfs or dires wouldn't be enough and would most likely even be over the weight limit on the clan side and I would need 1-3 other mechs to fill the 3 other spots?

What are these contracts you can also sign?

minimum of 160 total tons, 260 (for IS) total tons for all mechs in your drop deck.
So you could make a drop deck of 3 timberwolves, and a single myst-lynx with a total tonnage of being 250 tons for your drop deck.

and contracts (currently) run for a certain amount of weeks (or permanently) and that means that you can only attack/defend certain planets that your faction is attacking or defending. And you will get loyalty points depending on what you current contract is for that period of time for any faction warfare fights you take part in. Loyalty points gives you rank rewards (like cbills, mech bays, rank titles like the one I currently have for davion, as well as cockpit items) for reaching new ranks.

As for how the new system will work out when it launches, I cant tell you that. But this is currently how things work.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:05 PM

View PostNabbis, on 16 February 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

Over the 160 ton minimum, under the 260 ton maximum.
----
Also: Please don't call it "Clan Warfare." You can call it: Faction Warfare, Community Warfare, CW, FW, Faction Play...

But please don't use "Clan Warfare."
One, the Clans are a set of 12 (4 currently available) factions, and are not guilds / units / etc.
Two, the term 'clan' to refer to a team of players is just generally degrading to groups / units. It's like a term a 13 year old might use for a group of self-entitled brats on Call of Duty who think it's amazing to spin their character while using aim-assist to make a "360 no scope" kill with a poorly balanced weapon. (Put any such kid on a PC version of CoD and then turn off aim-assist and they won't ever pull it off, even with an Xbox 360 controller in hand).

#7 Nabbis

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:22 AM

View PostKoniving, on 16 February 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

Over the 160 ton minimum, under the 260 ton maximum.
----
Also: Please don't call it "Clan Warfare." You can call it: Faction Warfare, Community Warfare, CW, FW, Faction Play...

But please don't use "Clan Warfare."
One, the Clans are a set of 12 (4 currently available) factions, and are not guilds / units / etc.
Two, the term 'clan' to refer to a team of players is just generally degrading to groups / units. It's like a term a 13 year old might use for a group of self-entitled brats on Call of Duty who think it's amazing to spin their character while using aim-assist to make a "360 no scope" kill with a poorly balanced weapon. (Put any such kid on a PC version of CoD and then turn off aim-assist and they won't ever pull it off, even with an Xbox 360 controller in hand).

I am sorry if i accidentally offended someone with my incorrect naming for the mode, I am not sure why you attacked so strongly for my misstep. I didn't at any point bring any of that stuff up nor did I at any point meant the clan word in any of that context that you seem to think of it in.
but if that is the case with the word and the image it brings why are the mechs then called Clan mechs in the first place?
isn't the lore itself calling these groups as clans?
So again i am sorry if i indirectly made anyone relive horrible memories of CoD but that was never the intentions in the first place :(

Also to stay in topic.

What are the penalties for breaking this contract before the time on it runs out? I made a 7 day contract and I am not that sure if it has any negative effects without actually breaking it? If I play few matches each day i assume i progress in the contract?

#8 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:56 AM

View PostNabbis, on 17 February 2016 - 02:22 AM, said:

I am sorry if i accidentally offended someone with my incorrect naming for the mode, I am not sure why you attacked so strongly for my misstep. I didn't at any point bring any of that stuff up nor did I at any point meant the clan word in any of that context that you seem to think of it in.
but if that is the case with the word and the image it brings why are the mechs then called Clan mechs in the first place?
isn't the lore itself calling these groups as clans?
So again i am sorry if i indirectly made anyone relive horrible memories of CoD but that was never the intentions in the first place Posted Image

Also to stay in topic.

What are the penalties for breaking this contract before the time on it runs out? I made a 7 day contract and I am not that sure if it has any negative effects without actually breaking it? If I play few matches each day i assume i progress in the contract?

if you break a contract early you have to pay something like 50,000 cbills per day left on the contract and there is a 3 day cooldown before the contract breaks (to stop people changing contract every day), if you take a permanent contract it costs something like 1.5 million to break.

I see no reason why someone would be so offended by calling Community Warfare / Faction Play Clan Warfare, it is a war between 10 factions, 4 of which are Clans, however there are many fights which do not involve the Clans, I suppose that could be the cause for Koniving's mini lecture (Koniving is usualy the most helpful and tolerant poster in this forum)

#9 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:48 AM

Koniving doesn´t put attackvalue into text form .
That´s what his mechs are for, as far as I have felt on the battlefield .
;)

Funniest name for CW: Commodity Waffles

#10 Nabbis

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:35 AM

Now been playing bit over 10 Faction games with my own mechs and I really can't come to an conclusion if the problem is me or the teams I have had.
Atm I have tried few different decks to drop with but mainly the composition is My Firestarter ember or one of the other two firestarters I have.
one of my stalkers now running with misery before it had my F for a run.
I have Ilya as the third one and been switching in and out either a jagermech or a centurion.
Mostly the succesfull mechs on the game are my firestarters and stalker that do the most dmg the ilya barely gets of the ground most of the time and jager and centurion just get melted pretty quick.

And then there are games like the last one where I have 3 kills with my ember 800 dmg on the first life and we win the game with over 40 kills :S.

So yea the questions pretty much is is it me or just how the faction games are if you are not inside a coordinated drop?

#11 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:42 PM

You have planets to select based on your contract faction to pick from. Currently no, but phase 3 we will be declaring war on other factions, so then yes.

You gain c bills and xp as in a quick match, this is reflected by each mech you drop in the cw fight

Assaults generally are not used by the clan as they are too slow, well in my unit any way.

Edited by Ember Stormfield, 17 February 2016 - 12:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users