Remove Voting For Gamemodes

27 replies to this topic

#1 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:09 PM

I admit, I hate conquest. I just don't like it. I always had it deselected when we had the option. Now with voting I am forced to play a gamemode I don't want.
I don't mind if I go assault or skirmish and it's pretty ok if its random. Those that like that conquest crap can still have it selected. Forcing gamemodes one doesn't want however is quite bad.

#2 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:16 PM

View PostJherek C, on 18 February 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

I admit, I hate conquest. I just don't like it. I always had it deselected when we had the option. Now with voting I am forced to play a gamemode I don't want.
I don't mind if I go assault or skirmish and it's pretty ok if its random. Those that like that conquest crap can still have it selected. Forcing gamemodes one doesn't want however is quite bad.

It's not really that different...

#3 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:17 PM

View PostTyler Valentine, on 18 February 2016 - 02:16 PM, said:

It's not really that different...

I repeat myself: I don't like it.

#4 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:18 PM

Solution 1:
Get about 1000 more players online all the time to cover for more buckets

Solution 2:
You design a great way to accommodate you and the guy that actually likes to play Conquest to both be happy and still have under 2 minute wait times with matchmaking involved

Solution 3:
Play CW. No conquest there (yet)

Solution 4:
We all deal with it, you should too.

Edited by Cion, 18 February 2016 - 02:19 PM.

#5 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:18 PM

Now imagine how someone who dislikes Skirmish feels.

I say:

Posted Image

#6 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:20 PM

I think a better use of energy would be fixing why people dislike the gamemodes.

If all three gamemodes were fun then it wouldnt matter which one got picked...

#7 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:30 PM

View PostKhobai, on 18 February 2016 - 02:20 PM, said:

I think a better use of energy would be fixing why people dislike the gamemodes.

If all three gamemodes were fun then it wouldnt matter which one got picked...

I could live with that. Make conquest great and I'd not mind playing it.
However I doubt that this would happen too soon. PGI would rather manage to switch back to the old system where one could deselect gamemodes.

Edited by Jherek C, 18 February 2016 - 02:32 PM.

#8 Karmen Baric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationSarna

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:38 PM

Why dont you just kill mechs, like 90% of everyone else who plays the mode ?
It really isn't much different to the other game modes except the enemies may split to cap to their peril.

PS. Voting mini game is fun!!!

#9 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:52 PM

Game mode doesn't matter to me but it bugs the eff out of me when they give us an event objective that makes us need to win a certain number of times in certain game modes after they have removed our ability to individually choose what game mode we play.

#10 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:58 PM

Bringing back game mode selection is long overdue. Russ said the Steam launch more than doubled the population so there's no reason to keep game mode voting.

#11 Ollie Rifleman Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Vandenberg (TC)

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:06 PM

I admit, I hate assault. I just don't like it. I always had it deselected when we had the option. Now with voting I am forced to play a gamemode I don't want.
I don't mind if I go conquest or skirmish and it's pretty ok if its random. Those that like that assault crap can still have it selected. Forcing gamemodes one doesn't want however is quite bad.

#12 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:24 AM

View PostKarmen Baric, on 18 February 2016 - 02:38 PM, said:

Why dont you just kill mechs, like 90% of everyone else who plays the mode ?
It really isn't much different to the other game modes except the enemies may split to cap to their peril.

PS. Voting mini game is fun!!!

As said, I don't like it. That's all I have to say about it. Someone likes soccer, other likes baseball or american football, some like all. It's a matter of taste and no debate here.

View PostKatadhoum, on 18 February 2016 - 03:06 PM, said:

I admit, I hate assault. I just don't like it. I always had it deselected when we had the option. Now with voting I am forced to play a gamemode I don't want.
I don't mind if I go conquest or skirmish and it's pretty ok if its random. Those that like that assault crap can still have it selected. Forcing gamemodes one doesn't want however is quite bad.

So you see everyone has their own mode to dislike, which is pretty normal. It just sucks that we get forced to play modes we dislike.

Edited by Jherek C, 19 February 2016 - 07:27 AM.

#13 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:25 AM

Assault: your team can lose very quickly with no fighting ever having occurred.

Conquest: your team can lose over a long period of time, with fighting, even though the scoreboard is 11-1.

Guess which group of players probably had more fun in losing? That's right, the Conquest game.

#14 MrMadguy

• 2,209 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:34 AM

We don't need voting - we need map/mode priority system. Set priority once - forget about it forever.

Edited by MrMadguy, 19 February 2016 - 07:36 AM.

#15 1Grimbane

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,123 posts
  • Locationsafe. . . . . you'll never get me in my hidey hole.

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:36 AM

I would like to know why some of you prefer random... don't you want to be able to CHOOSE. i personally like to exert the most amount of control in any given situation, that is why i prefer to be given a CHOICE. so why advocate for random? when you can advocate for choice
are you worried about queue numbers? i just don't understand a mentality that doesn't advocate choice first then settle for something less stupid

Edited by 1Grimbane, 19 February 2016 - 07:37 AM.

#16 MrMadguy

• 2,209 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:45 AM

View Post1Grimbane, on 19 February 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

I would like to know why some of you prefer random... don't you want to be able to CHOOSE. i personally like to exert the most amount of control in any given situation, that is why i prefer to be given a CHOICE. so why advocate for random? when you can advocate for choice
are you worried about queue numbers? i just don't understand a mentality that doesn't advocate choice first then settle for something less stupid

It's simple - some guys play Lights or snipe Meta builds, that are good on any map. So they simply don't care about maps. I wouldn't care about maps and would prefer random too, if some of maps wouldn't be so terrible and unbalanced. I'm good on any map in my Gauss+LRM boat, but I don't want to constantly play the same build. Why do we still have MechLab in this game, if all 'Mechs should be the same to perform well?

Edited by MrMadguy, 19 February 2016 - 07:56 AM.

#17 Robot Kenshiro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 315 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:55 AM

I dont mind conquest. What PGI NEED TO DO. To help this game mode. Is make the cbill earnings more. I mean. It is a resource mode.....so....why not be rewarded bonus cbills for the amount of resources is collected/accumulated.
Eg. Gather up 500 resources points. Say.. 1 resource point = 1000 cbills. 500x1000 = 500000 cbills as a bonus.
Now....those figures ONTOP of what we already earn...would make this game mode highly more appealing yea?.... Short on cash....vote conquest for your next cbill hit.

#18 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:55 AM

View Post1Grimbane, on 19 February 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

The problem with a voting system (i.e. "choice") is that when the only determining factor is pure self-interest, it becomes nothing more than a tyranny of the majority. Random selection eliminates that entirely, and I doubt game mode selection is ever going back.

Edited by Mystere, 19 February 2016 - 07:55 AM.

#19 MrMadguy

• 2,209 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:02 AM

View PostMystere, on 19 February 2016 - 07:55 AM, said:

The problem with a voting system (i.e. "choice") is that when the only determining factor is pure self-interest, it becomes nothing more than a tyranny of the majority. Random selection eliminates that entirely, and I doubt game mode selection is ever going back.

Tyranny of majority is much better, then tyranny of minority. You won't quit due to lack of map/mode diversity. You like them all, yeah? And I will quit due to forcing terrible maps/modes on me. And it's dev's problem - not ours. They want diversity of maps/modes? Then they should create GOOD maps/modes - not force bad ones. Problem solved.

Edited by MrMadguy, 19 February 2016 - 08:07 AM.

#20 1Grimbane

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,123 posts
  • Locationsafe. . . . . you'll never get me in my hidey hole.

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:12 AM

NO NO NO i'm not in anyway talking about the voting system in regards to choice... i'm talking bout ye olde map select not any type of player based voting at all. like most other games let you select what map you want to jump into. like battlefield or cod. so again i ask why not advocate for a true map select that is what i'm asking... i do not understand why this would not be first choice, this way you get to choose what map to play and you will get that map no matter what. maybe pgi would have to run each map on a different server not sure. so again... why not first go for total control vs random which is no control at all? that is the mindset i cannot understand as i would push for most options first

Edited by 1Grimbane, 19 February 2016 - 08:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users