- - - - -

Third Week In The Game: Next Mech Class?

Question

22 replies to this topic

#21 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:43 PM

to second what Koniving said about costs, to fully outfit a Light with a good engine and all the upgrades usualy totals 3-4 times the purchase price, a Locust ends up costing about 6 million, a Spider costs about 9.5 fully outfitted, the 35 tonners total 10-12 million, while many Assaults can be purchased and outfitted for 10-15 million, not much more expensive than the Light.

#22 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:58 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 21 February 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

to second what Koniving said about costs, to fully outfit a Light with a good engine and all the upgrades usualy totals 3-4 times the purchase price, a Locust ends up costing about 6 million, a Spider costs about 9.5 fully outfitted, the 35 tonners total 10-12 million, while many Assaults can be purchased and outfitted for 10-15 million, not much more expensive than the Light.

Not to mention the modules which are (virtually) mandatory in a light. Both Radar Deprivation and Seismic Sensor are *very* expensive to purchase...

But yes. If you liked heavies, then the next logical step would be to go for assaults.

Edited by Fox With A Shotgun, 21 February 2016 - 03:58 PM.

#23 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 04:11 PM

View Postinvernomuto, on 21 February 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

I'm making up my mind for my dropdeck:

Assault (first to drop): 85 ton, do not know what to take :/
Marauder: 75 ton
Cataphract: 70 ton
Light: 30 ton. Spider or Urbanmech. Are they any good? One variant has ECM like Raven...

Or

I could get a 90-95 ton Assault (Mauler or Banshee) and get a Locust (20 ton) as light or a Commando (25 tons).
With a Mauler and a Locust I could also field two marauder... Locust is so tiny it scares me, Commando seems a little bit better but I do not know if they're any good for a newbie...

Cheers,
D.

Gonna take the moment to second leone and many others. Lights will teach map awareness and many piloting skills you don't realize you need in heavies. Heavies and assaults can be way more forgiving, while a light can be downed in one or two shots.

If you are looking for IS ecm:

Raven 3l has range and speed.
Spider 5d has speed and jump capabilities. Weapons can leave something to be desired.
Com 2d has speed and okay weapons with a 25 ton price tag.
Pirates bane (my personal favorite for cw) okay weapons, killer speed, only 20 tons, but fragile (very fragile). It also needs Mc to purchase.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users