4 replies to this topic

#1 FedaykinWolf

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 5 posts
  • LocationToronto, On

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:34 AM

If I own a Clan Mech Say the "Adder - Prime", can I change all 8 omnipods to make it a different "Basic Chasis", for the purpose of unlocking elite level skills?

#2 Dan Baxter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 240 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:40 AM

No, to unlock elite you need two more different Adder CTs to unlock basics for (such as the Adder A, Adder B, or Adder D). The only way to get the Center torsos I know of is to buy the Adder in question.

#3 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:00 AM

Dan's right. In the clan omnipod system, the center torso defines the mech. You have to buy and basic 3 different center torso variants to unlock the elite and master skills.

#4 Elrik Runeblade

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:39 AM

That being said, if you really like one layout, you can just buy two other variants but swap the other modules and weapons from your preferred variant on to the others. With the adder in particular the only potential ct differences are quirks as they all have the one energy point on them. Right now I am running the A with prime arms. Large lasers on the arms and smalls on the 3 torsos and a healthy amount of heatsinks. Second run with the mech last night I broke 1000 dmg for the first time, and that was with me not even making it to the end of the match. I was pleased!

#5 FedaykinWolf

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 5 posts
  • LocationToronto, On

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:42 PM

Thank you all for the input, I realize where I went wrong, damn, no easier way to elite :P

View PostElrik Runeblade, on 20 February 2016 - 09:39 AM, said:

That being said, if you really like one layout, you can just buy two other variants but swap the other modules and weapons from your preferred variant on to the others. With the adder in particular the only potential ct differences are quirks as they all have the one energy point on them. Right now I am running the A with prime arms. Large lasers on the arms and smalls on the 3 torsos and a healthy amount of heatsinks. Second run with the mech last night I broke 1000 dmg for the first time, and that was with me not even making it to the end of the match. I was pleased!

I'll try that customization soon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users