Is This What Everyone Wanted - Clans Superior In Game Again!

306 replies to this topic

#1 Karmen Baric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationSarna

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:31 AM

So now we starting to see Clan mechs with TC and ERLL on Boreal Vault, where i was getting damage a lot and didnt see any damage on same enemy mechs with my IS ERLL.
So this is level playing field where multiple Clan mechs can damage you and you cant get out door for fear of being killed and cant damage enemy with same (but IS) weapon.

On all other maps all you see is Timberwolves with SRM6 & lasers followed by some UAC mechs Streak Crows, SRM6 Dogs. Again with how fast Clan mechs move once these mechs are on you, your mech is dead. Apart from Atlas (you cant bring 3) to counter this, IS dont have any mech to fight against such a superior mech as the SRM6 jump capable Timberwolf. So again in close range in CW, the Clans always win, with 2 equal sides.

So i see this is what Clan players wanted, to win easy. You know what they say if you cant beat em because their mechs are better join em.

Edited by Karmen Baric, 21 February 2016 - 05:33 AM.

#2 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:53 AM

Saw it coming. Posted about it, too. Now it's happening. Enjoy it, Clans. But remember: Paul is watching.

Already seeing more Clan mechs in game than IS, but for those working on the Rifleman challenge. I'm supporting Dires and Executioners now, not Atlases and Banshees...I can't remember the last time I saw a Banshee in the public queues.

Edited by Chados, 21 February 2016 - 05:55 AM.

#3 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:56 AM

I just find it so funny how in the same patch they un-nerfed all the Top Clan mechs that were still easily the best mechs of their weight classes AND threw out a global blanket nerf on the IS side.

It's just so random.

#4 Thorqemada

• 6,381 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:56 AM

Ofc - the true nature of PvP is not about "Equals" fighting but grabbing and stacking as much Advantages/Exploits as you can and make the fight as unfair as possible to secure and almost 100% predictable Outcome - the win.

Having a fight of Equals is Sport or Roleplay.

And yes - PvPers are ********!

Edited by Thorqemada, 21 February 2016 - 05:57 AM.

#5 Ex Atlas Overlord

• Survivor
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:05 AM

Great Success!

#6 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:05 AM

IS and clans have the same range and IS has structure buffs top clan mechs don't, please stop crying about anything and everything already?!?

#7 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:09 AM

With the +10% energy range quirk on many, many IS 'mechs, the base range for the ERLL is virtually identical (IS actually has a 2m advantage). You can boost the clan range another 10% for a whopping 7 tons and 7 critical slots, which puts the optimal range at 810 for IS and 888 for clan, with the range mod on both as well. You get a significantly lower burn time (again, with quirks) in exchange for a mere 78 meters of range, which is a trivial amount at that distance.

Balance among the good 'mechs is actually quite good now. Stalkers are still very powerful, but so are Timberwolves. We just don't have silly things like Blackjacks tanking more damage than an Atlas anymore.

And complaining about brawling vs clans with the superior IS heat efficiency, incredibly short burn time lasers, and ballistics is just funny.

Edited by Zoid, 21 February 2016 - 06:12 AM.

#8 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:11 AM

Don't forget the advanced zoom boosts the IS doesn't get, LOL. And how many IS heavy mechs are in tier 1 per Metamechs? Zero. It's HBR, TBR, EBJ. How many assaults? Zero. Cue the Dire Wolf. I'm just saying.

Edited by Chados, 21 February 2016 - 06:12 AM.

#9 Ex Atlas Overlord

• Survivor
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:13 AM

View PostChados, on 21 February 2016 - 06:07 AM, said:

Says the Clanner. LOL. It's like the Republicans v. the Democrats in here. "Wabbit season! Duck season!"

Actually I mastered out timbers to see what the fuss was about...

This this is the easiest mode i've ever seen (it's even more easy mode than the dire, and that's saying something).

Edited by The Atlas Overlord, 21 February 2016 - 06:14 AM.

#10 AEgg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:15 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 21 February 2016 - 05:56 AM, said:

I just find it so funny how in the same patch they un-nerfed all the Top Clan mechs that were still easily the best mechs of their weight classes AND threw out a global blanket nerf on the IS side.

It's just so random.

Removing penalties of less than 10% isn't a nerf or a buff, it's removing fluff that had absolutely no significant effect in either direction.

Same goes for quirks really, anything smaller than 10% shouldn't exist. If a mech needs quirks, it needs more than 10%. If it doesn't need that much, adding any quirks serves no purpose but to add complexity for no benefit.

#11 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:19 AM

I tried a Timber Wolf for a couple matches on the test server. On my first match I said in general chat "HERE COMES THE CHEESE" in caps just like that. So funny. It is a very strong mech.

Omni mech vrs Battle mech balance is still very close. No doubt there is more adjustments inbound.

#12 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:27 AM

Sadly, there is still a percentage of people who feel the Clans should flat-out wreck those "stupid IS players." Some of this may be based on people thinking that paying money for Clans means they should have easy victories, while others lean on the crutch of Lore, where "Clans are way better!" while ignoring the rest of Lore, such as Clans also being severely outnumbered in every engagement and following an odd honor code, neither of which are implemented in this game.

Personally, I'll never get it. Wanting to play Clans just to seal-club "stupid IS players" reminds me of the types who, when starting up a D&D game, just need to play a dragon, vampire, or some other dumb thing while everyone else is playing basic player character races. If they aren't given a free shot of unearned power over everyone else, they aren't happy since they can't wave their epeen around.

View PostThorqemada, on 21 February 2016 - 05:56 AM, said:

Ofc - the true nature of PvP is not about "Equals" fighting but grabbing and stacking as much Advantages/Exploits as you can and make the fight as unfair as possible to secure and almost 100% predictable Outcome - the win.

Having a fight of Equals is Sport or Roleplay.

And yes - PvPers are ********!

Don't forget then having people brag all over the forums about their "skillz" after using exploits to win, and how much the other players "suck" for not using exploits. As you said, most players don't want a fun game, or a challenge, or - god forbid - a mix of teamwork and skill. They just want to club seals, embiggen their epeen, and talk trash about it later.

Edited by oldradagast, 21 February 2016 - 06:27 AM.

#13 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:29 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 21 February 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:

Sadly, there is still a percentage of people who feel the Clans should flat-out wreck those "stupid IS players." Some of this may be based on people thinking that paying money for Clans means they should have easy victories, while others lean the crutch of Lore, where "Clans are way better!" while ignoring the rest of Lore, such as Clans also being severely outnumbered in every engagement and following an odd honor code, neither of which are implemented in this game.

Personally, I'll never get it. Wanting to play Clans just to seal-club "stupid IS players" reminds me of the types who, when starting up a D&D game, just need to play a dragon, vampire, or some other dumb thing while everyone else is playing basic player character races. If they aren't given a free shot of unearned power over everyone else, they aren't happy since they can't wave their epeen around.

The best reason for balance was just made crystal clear with the upcoming addition of the Kodiak. Seeing a battle between the Kodiak and the Boar's Head would be epic. Or will be. Maybe on Solaris.

Cant have something cool like that if Omni mechs are easy mode.

Almost no doubt there will be a spectator mode in game some time to. Was watching a reviewer talk about such a mode for another game that didn't make it into the game and what a shame it was. Makes it seem likely that Solaris would have it.

Edited by Johnny Z, 21 February 2016 - 06:34 AM.

#14 GernMiester

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:31 AM

The real problem is that you are just not very good. I have been running centurions that are all still working through the basic skill tree and I have zero problems with clan mechs.

You have problems because you were the guys needing the garbage range quirks and now they are gone. I have no trouble and you do because you are not half as good as you think you are and I, like many many more just adapt and succeed. You whine and fail..

I am just an average skill player and I have no cares about meta and how good I am in a game that means nothing.

I ran kintaros before and after the quirkening and I still can get top damage in matches. So the issue is that you stink at mwo and likely think tiers, KDR and W/L actually mean something in a game.

#15 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:33 AM

View PostChados, on 21 February 2016 - 06:07 AM, said:

Says the Clanner. LOL. It's like the Republicans v. the Democrats in here. "Wabbit season! Duck season!"

Find where I cried about clan nerfs.

View Postoldradagast, on 21 February 2016 - 06:27 AM, said:

Sadly, there is still a percentage of people who feel the Clans should flat-out wreck those "stupid IS players." Some of this may be based on people thinking that paying money for Clans means they should have easy victories, while others lean on the crutch of Lore, where "Clans are way better!" while ignoring the rest of Lore, such as Clans also being severely outnumbered in every engagement and following an odd honor code, neither of which are implemented in this game.

Don't forget then having people brag all over the forums about their "skillz" after using exploits to win, and how much the other players "suck" for not using exploits. As you said, most players don't want a fun game, or a challenge, or - god forbid - a mix of teamwork and skill. They just want to club seals, embiggen their epeen, and talk trash about it later.

I'm all for equality on IS vs Clans but the whole boo hoo approach is getting old.

#16 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:35 AM

View PostGernMiester, on 21 February 2016 - 06:31 AM, said:

The real problem is that you are just not very good. I have been running centurions that are all still working through the basic skill tree and I have zero problems with clan mechs.

You have problems because you were the guys needing the garbage range quirks and now they are gone. I have no trouble and you do because you are not half as good as you think you are and I, like many many more just adapt and succeed. You whine and fail..

I am just an average skill player and I have no cares about meta and how good I am in a game that means nothing.

I ran kintaros before and after the quirkening and I still can get top damage in matches. So the issue is that you stink at mwo and likely think tiers, KDR and W/L actually mean something in a game.

A Storm Crow would destroy a Centurian in a 1 v 1 with ease.

At the moment Omni mechs are not so much easy mode like they were. But there is a lot of minor issues here and there.

Edited by Johnny Z, 21 February 2016 - 06:38 AM.

#17 Sorbic

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:36 AM

View PostAEgg, on 21 February 2016 - 06:15 AM, said:

Removing penalties of less than 10% isn't a nerf or a buff, it's removing fluff that had absolutely no significant effect in either direction.

Same goes for quirks really, anything smaller than 10% shouldn't exist. If a mech needs quirks, it needs more than 10%. If it doesn't need that much, adding any quirks serves no purpose but to add complexity for no benefit.

And yet when those 10% penalties were added to TW's and SC's we saw clanners pitch massive fits about how worthless it made their mechs. And "anything smaller than 10% shouldn't exist." is just nonsensical. I mean there isn't some switch that gets thrown once you top 10% and many a mech could be fine tuned with 5-9% +/- quirks.

All that said I was happy to see them dialing back the negative quirks but didn't think they should have been removed completely while making so many other changes.

#18 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:38 AM

Yeah op, just git gud.

#19 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:38 AM

View PostImperius, on 21 February 2016 - 06:33 AM, said:

I'm all for equality on IS vs Clans but the whole boo hoo approach is getting old.

Yeah, but it works - especially for Clan players, and those driving already powerful chassis. "Buff my already powerful chassis so I can kill stupid scrubs who dare play other mechs with ease and than brag about my skillz on the forums even though a lot of my wins come purely from the mech I'm driving and no skill of my own." That's the mantra these days, and PGI listens to it, unfortunately.

#20 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:40 AM

Another CW thread in the General Forum.

If you're so concerned with the status of laserpoking meta in Boreal Vault, take it to the CW forum, please.

I couldn't care less about this.

25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users