Is This What Everyone Wanted - Clans Superior In Game Again!

306 replies to this topic

#21 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:41 AM

View PostImperius, on 21 February 2016 - 06:33 AM, said:

Find where I cried about clan nerfs.

I'm all for equality on IS vs Clans but the whole boo hoo approach is getting old.

There are a few issues where Omni mechs have instant wins. There is no chance even in the least, or any possibility of being beat in some match ups. Its not about boo hoo.

A Streak Cro runs into any Inner Sphere light mech, the fight is over. No chance at all it will go for any length of time or that there is even the slight chance the Storm Crow will lose. Just one problem that cannot be ignored and making winning this argument so easy.

#22 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:43 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 21 February 2016 - 06:38 AM, said:

Yeah, but it works - especially for Clan players, and those driving already powerful chassis. "Buff my already powerful chassis so I can kill stupid scrubs who dare play other mechs with ease and than brag about my skillz on the forums even though a lot of my wins come purely from the mech I'm driving and no skill of my own." That's the mantra these days, and PGI listens to it, unfortunately.

This is the first BT inspired game where lights can kill assaults and IS mechs can stand toe to toe in most cases with clan mechs. IS had been given too much advantage and that is why they brought it back down. As for CW clans stomping pugs, Russ asked the units to go clan so people could play, we just happen to stomp too...

#23 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:43 AM

View PostThe Atlas Overlord, on 21 February 2016 - 06:13 AM, said:

Actually I mastered out timbers to see what the fuss was about...

This this is the easiest mode i've ever seen (it's even more easy mode than the dire, and that's saying something).

In my hands the Dire truly is, I can perform better with any other Mech, although I am bad with assaults in general.
my average game with a SDR-5V (the most lightly armed Mech in the game) way outscores my best game in a DWF.

although I do agree that the Timber is one of MWOs best Mechs

#24 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:44 AM

How many Inner Sphere light mechs in a row can a Streak Crow beat? Solo. The most I have seen was around 6 on the faction play. Streak Crow running around swatting Inner Sphere lights like insects.

Edited by Johnny Z, 21 February 2016 - 06:46 AM.

#25 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:45 AM

View PostImperius, on 21 February 2016 - 06:33 AM, said:

Find where I cried about clan nerfs.

Twitter. And you're the one that brought up crying about the nerfs. I was LOLing at you as a Clanner defending the buffs to the tier 1 mechs while IS took across the board nerfs, not calling you out for crying over the Clan nerfs. Methinks thou doth protest too much, to mangle a reference to Shakespeare.

Edited by Chados, 21 February 2016 - 06:48 AM.

#26 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:45 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 21 February 2016 - 06:41 AM, said:

There are a few issues where Omni mechs have instant wins. There is no chance even in the least, or any possibility of being beat in some match ups. Its not about boo hoo.

A Streak Cro runs into any Inner Sphere light mech, the fight is over. No chance at all it will go for any length of time or that there is even the slight chance the Storm Crow will lose. Just one problem that cannot be ignored and making winning this argument so easy.

Umm medium mechs are pretty much light hunters.

You should have compared light to light not light to medium....

#27 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:46 AM

View PostImperius, on 21 February 2016 - 06:45 AM, said:

Umm medium mechs are pretty much light hunters.

You should have compared light to light not light to medium....

Oh? What chance does a Centurian have against an Arctic Cheddar?

Go ahead Clan pilots keep this up and show everyone that you want your competition to not have any chance at all.

Edited by Johnny Z, 21 February 2016 - 06:47 AM.

#28 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:47 AM

View PostChados, on 21 February 2016 - 06:45 AM, said:

Twitter.

Gauss nerf? Assault movement nerf? Assaults are already a minority at 52.3kph I never have a team. We already can't climb hills making us be able to torso twist less was stupid.

Edited by Imperius, 21 February 2016 - 06:49 AM.

#29 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:49 AM

Clan players want to be able to take out multiple Inner Sphere players solo? They can and do currently in game and have the nerve to even complain. Unreal.

#30 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:50 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 21 February 2016 - 06:44 AM, said:

How many Inner Sphere light mechs in a row can a Streak Crow beat? Solo. The most I have seen was around 6 on the faction play. Streak Crow running around swatting Inner Sphere lights like insects.
To be fair, anything with that many streaks is going to destroy any light mech very quickly.

I actually think clan vs IS balance is very close at this time. At this point I think it's more an issue of individual mechs, rather than tech.

Edited by ShinobiHunter, 21 February 2016 - 06:52 AM.

#31 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:51 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 21 February 2016 - 06:46 AM, said:

Oh? What chance does a Centurian have against an Arctic Cheddar?

Go ahead Clan pilots keep this up and show everyone that you want your competition to not have any chance at all.

Huh? Implying a Centurian was ever good?

View PostShinobiHunter, on 21 February 2016 - 06:50 AM, said:

To be fair, anything with that many streaks is going to destroy any light mech very quickly.

I actually clan vs IS balance is very close at this time. At this point I think it's more an issue of individual mechs, rather than tech.

This guy gets it +10 community points.

#32 Chados

• 1,948 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:52 AM

View PostImperius, on 21 February 2016 - 06:47 AM, said:

Gauss nerf? Assault movement nerf? Assaults are already a minority at 52.3kph I never have a team. We already can't climb hills making us be able to torso twist less was stupid.

Weird, the quote got more of your post than you actually posted.

Well, you're writing your own poison here. Again, I was LOLing at you for defending the buffs to tier 1 mechs while across-the-board nerfing the IS, including garbage-tier mechs that were just this side of decent with things like they were. Now we are back to October 2015, Clan-IS balance-wise. If you dig that, just admit it.

Edited by Chados, 21 February 2016 - 06:53 AM.

#33 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:52 AM

View PostShinobiHunter, on 21 February 2016 - 06:50 AM, said:

I actually clan vs IS balance is very close at this time. At this point I think it's more an issue of individual mechs, rather than tech.

Yep a Streak Crow or a Mad Dog boat can wipe out multiple Inner Sphere mechs easily. One shot to the back and don't even have to aim. Maybe it take 2 shots to the front and don't have to aim, with extreme luck its 3.

The difference is Clan lights don't go down to side torso loss. That's a huge difference.

#34 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:55 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 21 February 2016 - 06:49 AM, said:

Clan players want to be able to take out multiple Inner Sphere players solo? They can and do currently in game and have the nerve to even complain. Unreal.

I play both Dire Wolf and King Crab, my King Crab is easier to carry harder with, 4 ultra AC 5's make quick work of many with cockpit shake and good DPS with ballistic buffs.

View PostChados, on 21 February 2016 - 06:52 AM, said:

Weird, the quote got more of your post than you actually posted.

Well, you're writing your own poison here. Again, I was LOLing at you for defending the buffs to tier 1 mechs while across-the-board nerfing the IS, including garbage-tier mechs that were just this side of decent with things like they were. Now we are back to October 2015, Clan-IS balance-wise. If you dig that, just admit it.

That's a class nerf and a weapon nerf that that was unnecessary pretty sure it was a nerf for both IS and Clans.

#35 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:56 AM

View PostImperius, on 21 February 2016 - 06:53 AM, said:

I play both Dire Wolf and King Crab, my King Crab is easier to carry harder with, 4 ultra AC 5's make quick work of many with cockpit shake and good DPS with ballistic buffs.

Ok fine that's a fair argument. Some would argue the Direwolf is stronger. But at least its a close argument.

That's also not where serious issues with one player putting another player out of a match without even aiming and that other player has no chance to even last a little while or get away running full out.

Edited by Johnny Z, 21 February 2016 - 06:57 AM.

#36 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:57 AM

So, assuming the clan light twists like mad, it can take 4 salvos max?

If you lose a side torso in a clan light, you're dead anyways. The speed reduction plus heat means unless you can hide, you're done.

Edited by ShinobiHunter, 21 February 2016 - 06:59 AM.

#37 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:58 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 21 February 2016 - 06:56 AM, said:

Ok fine that's a fair argument. Some would argue the Direwolf is stronger. But at least its a close argument.

That's also not where serious issues with one player putting another player out of a match without even aiming and that other player has no chance to even last a little while or get away running full out.

Streaks are meant to kill lights that's an issue with streaks not clans. That's like me saying I should travel 80kph in my direwolf so I can stay with my team. An assault will pretty much laugh off streaks... So use your team more I would say.

Edited by Imperius, 21 February 2016 - 07:00 AM.

#38 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:59 AM

View PostShinobiHunter, on 21 February 2016 - 06:57 AM, said:

Maybe more.

The problems are:

Clan streaks
Inner Sphere XL insta blow.
Minor chassis problems like the SC vrs the Cent. where at least the centurian has some kind of chance even though its not really close.

Other than that it actually gets down to fine details.

Edited by Johnny Z, 21 February 2016 - 07:02 AM.

#39 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:04 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 21 February 2016 - 06:59 AM, said:

Maybe more.

The problems are:

Clan streaks
Inner Sphere XL insta blow.
Minor chassis problems like the SC vrs the Cent. where at least the centurian has some kind of chance even though its not really close.

Other than that's it actually gets down to fine details.
IS XL's do suck. And "IS gets to choose standard engines" is a pathetic argument. Clan streaks aren't that bad. They reload very slowly and I have no problem getting away from streak crows in my Jenner. And yes, chassis to chassis balance needs help, but tech is close.

#40 Chados

• 1,948 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:04 AM

View PostShinobiHunter, on 21 February 2016 - 06:57 AM, said:

For what it's worth, I believe that's at least as good as a Rifleman 3N. As a Rifleman driver, I call a 3-4 salvo death "yesterday." You gotta position carefully to drive the RFL on the MWO battlefield...by the way, that's a 60 ton IS heavy that's less tanky than a 30 ton Clan light. Nothing wrong with that, right?

Edited by Chados, 21 February 2016 - 07:06 AM.

48 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 48 guests, 0 anonymous users