Is This What Everyone Wanted - Clans Superior In Game Again!

306 replies to this topic

#41 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:05 AM

Despite of all so called "laser vomit" problems, I see IS laser boats very rarely in game. But Clan "yellow+blue beams of death" - is extremely widespread phenomenon.

#42 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:07 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 21 February 2016 - 07:05 AM, said:

Despite of all so called "laser vomit" problems, I see IS laser boats very rarely in game. But Clan "yellow+blue beams of death" - is extremely widespread phenomenon.
Other clan weapons are pretty mediocre. IS has some decent options.

#43 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:08 AM

View PostShinobiHunter, on 21 February 2016 - 07:04 AM, said:

IS XL's do suck. And "IS gets to choose standard engines" is a pathetic argument. Clan streaks aren't that bad. They reload very slowly and I have no problem getting away from streak crows in my Jenner. And yes, chassis to chassis balance needs help, but tech is close.

I do find it amusing that your claim about being able to get away alive from a streak crow is a valid argument that balance is ok. A claim I find hard to believe. :)

No offense, just pushing my point a bit more.

Not saying lights should be able to hunt Streak Crows but the current fodder situation is another thing entirely.

Edited by Johnny Z, 21 February 2016 - 07:10 AM.

#44 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:26 AM

A streak Crow/Dog does not automatically beat Lights, several times I have taken down streak boats using Lights, the first time it happened it was a happy accident, I saw some LRMs flying from an area isolated from most of the enemy team, so ran to the location, saw 2 Mad Dogs so charged them in my FS9-E, it was only when I got target info that I realized 1 was a streak boat, I thought something along the lines of "oh dear, I am in trouble", I was within SSRM range and did not have an escape route without a u turn or running past them so I got behind it, and did the usual, MPLs into the back with continuous fire with MGs, the Streak Dog died in about 5 seconds.

After than experience I am still wary of streak boats in a Light but provided there are are not multiple streak boats, run straight at it and it may get off 1 alpha before you get behind but if it is isolated there is no reason a Light cannot get behind a streak boat and kill it, Streaks are only scary at a range of more than 100m, get close and keep fast, it will have trouble holding a missile lock at close range and if it cannot get missile lock it cannot fire.

#45 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:31 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 21 February 2016 - 07:26 AM, said:

A streak Crow/Dog does not automatically beat Lights, several times I have taken down streak boats using Lights, the first time it happened it was a happy accident, I saw some LRMs flying from an area isolated from most of the enemy team, so ran to the location, saw 2 Mad Dogs so charged them in my FS9-E, it was only when I got target info that I realized 1 was a streak boat, I thought something along the lines of "oh dear, I am in trouble", I was within SSRM range and did not have an escape route without a u turn or running past them so I got behind it, and did the usual, MPLs into the back with continuous fire with MGs, the Streak Dog died in about 5 seconds.

After than experience I am still wary of streak boats in a Light but provided there are are not multiple streak boats, run straight at it and it may get off 1 alpha before you get behind but if it is isolated there is no reason a Light cannot get behind a streak boat and kill it, Streaks are only scary at a range of more than 100m, get close and keep fast, it will have trouble holding a missile lock at close range and if it cannot get missile lock it cannot fire.

"I beat a disconnected Streak boat in my Firestarter, they aint so tough."

Edited by Johnny Z, 21 February 2016 - 07:33 AM.

#46 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:36 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 21 February 2016 - 07:08 AM, said:

I do find it amusing that your claim about being able to get away alive from a streak crow is a valid argument that balance is ok. A claim I find hard to believe. :)

No offense, just pushing my point a bit more.

Not saying lights should be able to hunt Streak Crows but the current fodder situation is another thing entirely.
Streak 6's are crappy weapons unless boated, if you want to complain about them complain about boating them. Higher ghost heat would be the logical choice for PGI.

Whether you believe it or not, a light pilot certainly can escape a streak crow. Maybe not all the time, but enough to be considered. Lights are not,going to beat a streak crow (unless you have weapons that reach more than 270 meters and an acute sense of distance), but you can disengage.

#47 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:43 AM

OP doesn't even have a faction but is talking about whats going on in CW right now. Trololol

#48 MrMadguy

• 2,209 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:44 AM

View PostShinobiHunter, on 21 February 2016 - 07:07 AM, said:

Yeah, Clans don't have any other options, than one-shot your STs from 600M distance.

#49 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:47 AM

This never, ever ends does it? Same names saying the same things, over and over. Same lack of critical observation.

#50 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:48 AM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 21 February 2016 - 07:43 AM, said:

OP doesn't even have a faction but is talking about whats going on in CW right now. Trololol
Gonna go out on a limb here and say alt account...

#51 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:48 AM

Give us a 3025 server. Problem solved and many others.

#52 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:49 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 21 February 2016 - 07:44 AM, said:

Yeah, Clans don't have any other options, than one-shot your STs from 600M distance.
Have you tried any of the other clan weapons yourself?

#53 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:52 AM

View PostShinobiHunter, on 21 February 2016 - 07:07 AM, said:

But if that is all they pack and they are better than all "decent options"...

Like saying the Iraqi navy had a chance because they had better pontoon boats.

#54 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:55 AM

View PostShinobiHunter, on 21 February 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

Streak 6's are crappy weapons unless boated, if you want to complain about them complain about boating them. Higher ghost heat would be the logical choice for PGI.

Whether you believe it or not, a light pilot certainly can escape a streak crow. Maybe not all the time, but enough to be considered. Lights are not,going to beat a streak crow (unless you have weapons that reach more than 270 meters and an acute sense of distance), but you can disengage.

In all honesty I don't know what the answer is. I have ideas about other problems like the Inner Sphere XL insta blow but I'm not sure what can be done about clan streaks that isn't to much or to little.

Yes its possible some lights can escape a Streak Crow. Some times under the right conditions. A dual ERLL Raven can fight a Streak crow, Ive done it. That's not the point.

Edited by Johnny Z, 21 February 2016 - 08:00 AM.

#55 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:58 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 21 February 2016 - 07:44 AM, said:

With, what, exactly? 2 LPLas that deal a maximum of 26 damage? Because I know you don't mean ERMLas. Those things have damage drop at 1.5x range, now, not 2x. Sure, they might hit at 600, but 'tis but a scratch. Practical double gauss options are still lower for Clans than it is for IS, so I doubt you are whining about that. The only solid combination of those two weapons being Direwolves and maybe the extremely easy to earchop EBJs with 2 LPLas and 1 Gauss.

Having said that, I am in love with C-UAC10's... when paired. Solo, not so much, but together they are fantastic weapons. A bit weak against light mechs, though.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 21 February 2016 - 08:01 AM.

#56 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:00 AM

Ending the IS XL insta-blow would go a long way toward fixing the all-Clan-alpha-warrior problem. But it would obsolete the IS standard engine, wouldn't it?

#57 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:00 AM

View PostChados, on 21 February 2016 - 06:07 AM, said:

Says the Clanner. LOL. It's like the Republicans v. the Democrats in here. "Wabbit season! Duck season!"

Except the Republicans are getting The Donald! Posted Image

#58 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:01 AM

View PostChados, on 21 February 2016 - 08:00 AM, said:

Ending the IS XL insta-blow would go a long way toward fixing the all-Clan-alpha-warrior problem. But it would obsolete the IS standard engine, wouldn't it?

Exactly. Its a tough one to. I really don't want to make the engines the same. I don't think anyone wants that.

Edited by Johnny Z, 21 February 2016 - 08:02 AM.

#59 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:02 AM

View PostMystere, on 21 February 2016 - 08:00 AM, said:

Except the Republicans are getting The Donald! Posted Image

LOL! Good one!

#60 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:03 AM

View PostChados, on 21 February 2016 - 06:11 AM, said:

Don't forget the advanced zoom boosts the IS doesn't get ...

Advanced Zoom is a giant crutch. I rarely use them even when carrying gauss rifles or (ER)PPCs. Posted Image

51 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 51 guests, 0 anonymous users