Lrms

LRMS

10 replies to this topic

#1 SauceTomate

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:57 AM

You should change LRMs, or at least make them harder to use and somehow pull the sway off of using them on heavier chassis's. Anyone who plays in the pub queue can probably agree to how crappy it is when you have all of your team's heaviest armor (Atlas, Stalker, etc) standing a km back and backing up constantly while the mediums/lights get buttraped. I feel like I run into this game after game. Why is it that every public loss match I end up spectating a LRM atlas while it runs in circles starting at almost full health to death? Because the game is broken. Stop worrying about laser vomit and such and fix the game how it really should be fixed.

#2 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:05 AM

When you get into higher tiers LRMs become almost worthless as everyone in that skill bracket knows how to properly counter LRMs. There are still some people that run them and do okay with them but they are not the game buster that they are when you are running around in tiers where people don't know to shoot down UAVs, nobody has Radar Deprivation, and half of your team thinks along the lines of "My armor will hold if I walk out into the open for a full thirty seconds, right?"

#3 stocky0904

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:42 AM

No, the game is not brocken and no... LRMs are not broken, too. Learn to live with them.

You get a warning from Betty, you can take cover, use radar dep and/or ams or even ecm. No weapon in this game has so many counters, just use them and you will be fine.

Otherwise guys like me will come for you again and again.

PS: Using them in higher tier matches is hard enough but fun.

#4 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:55 PM

- Increase their damage per rocket.
- Increase massively cooldown (but only as much so you keep their current DPS)
- Decrease ammount of ammo per ton, so its more precious.

I think LRMs are fine, they are just being spammed much and that is annoying. You can get rid of that however, by (rapidly) increasing their cooldown values. In exchange of higher damage per salvo ofc.

#5 Ex Atlas Overlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:03 PM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 21 February 2016 - 02:55 PM, said:

I think LRMs are fine, they are just being spammed much and that is annoying. You can get rid of that however, by (rapidly) increasing their cooldown values. In exchange of higher damage per salvo ofc.

Only way this works is if you actually make them all hit the guy you shoot them at.

Right now, even if you're hitting a giant *** assault.... AND it's not moving....

An LRM20 does 12 damage.

It's an LRM12 that shoots 8 extra missles just to piss the ground off.

Edited by The Atlas Overlord, 21 February 2016 - 03:03 PM.

#6 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:12 PM

View PostThe Atlas Overlord, on 21 February 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

Only way this works is if you actually make them all hit the guy you shoot them at.

Right now, even if you're hitting a giant *** assault.... AND it's not moving....

An LRM20 does 12 damage.

You have a chance of delivering all 20 rockets per (LRM20) launcher by shooting big mechs from certain angle. Its far more logical that some rockets might miss fast moving targets. Also the closer you are to 180m from the target, lrms (especially with artemis) dont spread as much. Trick is shooting LRMs as close to 180, as possible.

#7 Malachy Karrde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 473 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:00 PM

Wouldn't say LRMS are useless in higher tiers, but you need to change how you use them. You cant fire and forget them and need to maintain a line of sight in higher tiers.

#8 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:01 AM

View PostSauceTomate, on 21 February 2016 - 06:57 AM, said:

You should change LRMs, or at least make them harder to use and somehow pull the sway off of using them on heavier chassis's. Anyone who plays in the pub queue can probably agree to how crappy it is when you have all of your team's heaviest armor (Atlas, Stalker, etc) standing a km back and backing up constantly while the mediums/lights get buttraped. I feel like I run into this game after game. Why is it that every public loss match I end up spectating a LRM atlas while it runs in circles starting at almost full health to death? Because the game is broken. Stop worrying about laser vomit and such and fix the game how it really should be fixed.

LRMs are already the weakest weapon in the game (not counting flamers, which just got a recent buff). You get a warning that missiles are incoming, soon as they are launched from the enemy mech. Basic terrain shuts them down easily. ECM couners them, Radar Deprivation does too. Then there's AMS. 4 mechs carrying AMS standing within 100 meters of one another can provide a powerful anti-LRM curtain.

It will take practice before you realize this, but learning the terrain of a map, to use cover, and counter LRMs will become extremely easy.

I can't solve the problem of LRM atlasses, much as I want to. It's a fair (albeit very terrible, and really shouldn't be used by anyone other than like 5 people in all of MWO) build.

View PostMecha Buster, on 21 February 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

It's called being in tier five, noob. STFU.

This is called a very not helpful post.

View PostMechB Kotare, on 21 February 2016 - 02:55 PM, said:

They spread too much. Your modifications would make any build other than LRM 5 spam really not viable. Then there's the fact that no other weapon system consumes as many slots, or as much tonnage as LRMs do, because we need to pack so much ammo. Reducing ammo per ton will make LRM mechs pack even more tons of ammo. We hoard so much ammo, because 180 shots per ton is consumed very quickly.

#9 CaptainNapalm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:24 AM

And rockets are supposed to be a random damage sort of weapon any way, with the most likely damage range some where in the middle

View PostThe Atlas Overlord, on 21 February 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

An LRM20 does 12 damage.

of the weapons capability.

#10 testhero

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 86 posts
  • LocationOrloff, Dutchy of Orloff

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:46 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 22 February 2016 - 01:01 AM, said:

LRMs are already the weakest weapon in the game (not counting flamers, which just got a recent buff). You get a warning that missiles are incoming, soon as they are launched from the enemy mech.
Basic terrain shuts them down easily.
ECM couners them,
Radar Deprivation does too.
Then there's AMS. 4 mechs carrying AMS standing within 100 meters of one another can provide a powerful anti-LRM curtain.

It will take practice before you realize this, but learning the terrain of a map, to use cover, and counter LRMs will become extremely easy.

I can't solve the problem of LRM Atlasses, much as I want to. It's a fair (albeit very terrible, and really shouldn't be used by anyone other than like 5 people in all of MWO) build.

People with horrible pings who need the armour and also pack an LBX-10

They spread too much. Your modifications would make any build other than LRM 5 spam really not viable. Then there's the fact that no other weapon system consumes as many slots, or as much tonnage as LRMs do, because we need to pack so much ammo. Reducing ammo per ton will make LRM mechs pack even more tons of ammo. We hoard so much ammo, because 180 shots per ton is consumed very quickly.

They just got a huge Nerf:
900m range with a possible +10% range increase from skills = 990 m range that is 110meters less and LRM5 spread going from 3 up to 4.5 meaning the only realy effictive launcher is gone.

That should fix all your LRM hate as you will see very few LRMs after this

They are also one of the few counters too PPC Gauss Spam. If the PeepGauss mechs didn't have to worry about LRMs they would just park up in the open on the top of a hill or anywhere else with good sight lines and blaze down any thing that breaks cover.
At the moment they have to stay near cover to break locks as the test server goes on I expect this to become prevalent.

Edited by testhero, 10 February 2017 - 10:14 PM.

#11 gamingogre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:26 AM

A lot less people will have Radar dep. after this new change. You need to level a whole skill tree to get it. Even ECM is solo only until you level the same tree to expand it. I never ran both together and now only my lights and ECM mechs will now have radar dep. This is a bad move, it elevates LRM grief. Doesn't matter if tier 1 can deal with it, if it drives off tier 5 players so the player base continues to shrink.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users