Why Are Jenner Iic Pilots Bad?

24 replies to this topic

#21 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:27 AM

Clan XL + enormous damage potential leads people to believe they're unstoppable. The hitboxes says otherwise.

#22 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:40 AM

Bad hotbox all CT dmg.
More fragile due to no quirks.

#23 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:05 AM

Extremely easy to kill from the front. From the back they have to be running in a straight line.

#24 Moebius Pi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

Just echoing the statements: bad hitboxes. They're excellent for picking off stragglers (the slow kind in particular that don't turn on a dime), nightmarishly so, but that requires a good amount of map awareness that quite a few don't always have available.

Sometimes you wait, round a corner, chew up an Atlas and spit out its dickbutt like a bad joke, and move in for seconds before weaving out and fading. Other times you round the corner and... find something, or multiple somethings more mobile that just turn and start blasting. ADV Seismic Sensors and a judicious use of corner UAVs are its friend.

Honestly a lot of folks just play them very feast or famine, hoping to net that early kill and trade a light for something meaty and just get too overconfident or greedy, which is easy to fall prey to given how much hurt it can put out left unmolested. They're more consistent (unless you know who's where to get an easy smashing) I find, waiting until after the others are engaged as they pick off the damaged and focused -very- well if you're not certain you can pluck a low hanging fruit early.

Really, it's just a lot of impatience, couple that with the fragility/hitbox issues, and you'll see them sinking more than swimming. The same occurs with a lot of light mechs in all honesty.

#25 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:22 AM

I think its just a bad pilot you're talking about. Someone that would pilot their Jenner into a situation like that would probably do the same thing with a Kodiak. Likely that they did not/are not piloting with the skills of recognizing different strategies are vital to playing different mechs/builds/weight classes.

I love my Jenner IIC's but the most important thing about them is: don't get shot. I love harrassing a front line from 90 degrees off their focus axis with a couple ERL's. Between the 1.5 burn, high mounts and speed to disappear when you get chased, Its way more irritating than any IS lrm boat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users