What Happened To The Mech Re-Scale Program? Its Been A Year Already Still No Progress

64 replies to this topic

#61 brroleg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 245 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:05 PM

Any F2P game developer will only do things that brings them money. You all buying packs of goldent robits, so they doing packs of golden robits. You not buying re-scaling, you expect it to be free.

Edited by brroleg, 24 February 2016 - 05:06 PM.

#62 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:45 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 24 February 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

You know how it is though... Paul always goes his own way on features and balance, regardless of what you show him, and Russ tends to reserve judgement until you can bring him something concrete and quantifiable. The best path to change, then, is always through Russ with realistic repeatable data in hand.

Hence my semi regular Twitter dialogue with him. Haven't gotten everything I might want, as fast as I may prefer, but generally, it seems I can get him to stay least acknowledge or put stuff on the radar.

#63 ScarecrowES

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:22 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 February 2016 - 05:45 PM, said:

Hence my semi regular Twitter dialogue with him. Haven't gotten everything I might want, as fast as I may prefer, but generally, it seems I can get him to stay least acknowledge or put stuff on the radar.

Exactly my point. It's been tedious to point out repeatedly just how small a team PGI really is. I mean, the president of the entire company is the guy actually being the representative to the community - engaging with folks on social media and hosting townhalls. Many people just don't understand. Expecting miracle results is just... well... a recipe for disappointment.

#64 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:16 AM

Think SpiralFace won this thread. Good job!

All mechs being looked at. Said only 10 of the 60 or so we have were scaled properly at this time. Can't wait to see the results.

The best thing is the solution sounds process based. I am hoping this is the direction PGI modeling is taking, process based solutions that can be applied globally.

#65 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:12 PM

well according to the townhall

We're getting rescales across the board for every mech. They just recently figured out a new volume metric that makes rescaling a much less painful job so they're looking at having all rescales done by the end of the year (IIRC)

View PostTed Wayz, on 27 February 2016 - 11:16 AM, said:

Think SpiralFace won this thread. Good job!

All mechs being looked at. Said only 10 of the 60 or so we have were scaled properly at this time. Can't wait to see the results.

The best thing is the solution sounds process based. I am hoping this is the direction PGI modeling is taking, process based solutions that can be applied globally.

There are basically 3 rescales

Universal, global, and (dont' remember third, you lazy ******** can go watch the recap for details lol)

Essentially the one required comes down to how large the rescale is. If it's a minor change, such as 1-2%, they use the universal and it's fairly quick, if it's a larger reduction in size they have to do minor adjustments by hand inside the model for weapons, textures, etc.

The new process they've figured out makes that all much less painful according to Russ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users