Store Items 50% To High

60 replies to this topic

#21 KahnWongFuChung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:36 PM

To be honest I'm at a crossroads with MWO on one hand I would like to buy more Bling and help PGI out more but with the C-bill rewards being so bad I cant buy the items and Modules I want during regular play even with premium time.

If Russ and PGI would just balance out and reduce the cost on some items they might just keep that carrot in my mouth for a bit longer even with C-bill per battle being terrible.

Or I just set and wait for the once in a lifetime sale on the mechs I want might be another 3 years .Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:06 PM

View PostSandpit, on 22 February 2016 - 12:48 PM, said:

I forgot about Black Ops. Yup, created tons of custom logos there as well.

I'm still repressing the memories of all the "logos"

#23 Johnny Gorbachev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:13 PM

View PostKahnWongFuChung, on 22 February 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

To be honest I'm at a crossroads with MWO on one hand I would like to buy more Bling and help PGI out more but with the C-bill rewards being so bad I cant buy the items and Modules I want during regular play even with premium time.

If Russ and PGI would just balance out and reduce the cost on some items they might just keep that carrot in my mouth for a bit longer even with C-bill per battle being terrible.

Or I just set and wait for the once in a lifetime sale on the mechs I want might be another 3 years .Posted ImagePosted Image

This game isn't called cashwarrior online for no reason, their whole system is inplace to hunt whales, they don't care about actual players, they just want those that churn out absurd amounts of money for their game before they run out of mechs to copy and paste from battletech and cash out their business.

#24 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:18 PM

I don't buy colors... Wait, I did buy basic orange when it was on sale.

The cost is too high, as if they don't want my money. I can't even see my Mech in combat, so why should I pay cash to have somebody else see my custom paint? Can I send an invoice to everyone who looks at my Mech when I have it painted in MC-only paint?

I do not use "Microtransactions" in MW:O. I only by MC in bulk when on sale, only buy premium time in bulk when on sale. Only buy Mechs when 30% off. Everything else is too expensive. I stopped buying cammo after the first 3 chassis (Hunchbacks, catapults, Shadowhawk) because it it PROHIBITIVELY expensive to put cammo on all my Mechs. They prohibit me from spending the money because it is a huge ripoff for Colors and cammo.

I would spend more on this game if I thought it was worth the money. I would buy more Mechs if the grind was not as long, and I would buy cammo for those Mechs. But, they are happy with me not providing continual income.

#25 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:43 PM

Want to see true "expensive" digital stuff, just pop over to Star Citizen and check their Ships List. MWO expensive... LOL!

#26 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:58 PM

The prices are definitely absurd, I've only spent $14 on the game (two $7 MC packs) and even then I still kind of regret it because the amount of stuff I got for that kind of money is pathetically low.

View PostAlmond Brown, on 22 February 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

Want to see true "expensive" digital stuff, just pop over to Star Citizen and check their Ships List. MWO expensive... LOL!

As usual that doesn't make the prices in MWO good, it just means something like Star Citizen is even more of a ripoff.

Edited by Pjwned, 22 February 2016 - 04:59 PM.

#27 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:13 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 22 February 2016 - 03:06 PM, said:

I'm still repressing the memories of all the "logos"

I have a buddy who got his logo privileges revoked lol
Not going to say why, but needless to say it broke the ToS :P

#28 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:21 PM

This game isnt that over priced in comparison to a lot of other came, compare it to WoT and you will see it is about on par.

Now are game and content like this overpriced in general? Yes i think so too, but some people have the money to spend and it seems that they do.

#29 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:36 PM

View PostSandpit, on 22 February 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

Russ said customs are "being looked at", apparently being able to upload a custom image is a very complex issue...

Well I am not sure about it being a complex issue....but back in the day I used to play Dawn of War, Warhammer 40K. It wasn't long, I think when Winterstorm dropped on the shelves that they added custom badges. All you had to do is download a photo editor software, or even MS paint I think and just convert any picture you wanted into the right size for a badge, and then upload it. They even added the feature in such a way that the only other players that could see your custom badges was players that did the same, and checked that they wanted to see other players custom badges. Even though many players added some "questionable" badges to their armies.... "pot leaves, nudes, etc. etc..." It never really became a problem given the way they set it up. People that wanted to see them checked a box and installed the extra content package, those that didn't.....didn't. Win WinPosted Image

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 22 February 2016 - 05:42 PM.

#30 Johnny Gorbachev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:48 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 22 February 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

This game isnt that over priced in comparison to a lot of other came, compare it to WoT and you will see it is about on par.

Now are game and content like this overpriced in general? Yes i think so too, but some people have the money to spend and it seems that they do.

Compare a whale game to a whale game, and you get, 2 whale games? Good thing the whales are here, now there is absolutely no reason PGI would make the prices reasonable for a normal human being.

Edited by Johnny Gorbachev, 22 February 2016 - 06:48 PM.

#31 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:05 PM

View PostPjwned, on 22 February 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

The prices are definitely absurd, I've only spent $14 on the game (two $7 MC packs) and even then I still kind of regret it because the amount of stuff I got for that kind of money is pathetically low.

As usual that doesn't make the prices in MWO good, it just means something like Star Citizen is even more of a ripoff.

I think I have about $80 bucks spread over two accounts in the last 2 and half years. I didn't get in on the founders and beta...I didn't even know this game was being made. I feel like I have more then help support this game with my money spent/vs. what we have in a game to date. Lucky for me I didn't know about this game when it was first offered, and I was building my home cash and paying my land off it sits on. Lucky I had other things that my money needed to go to...other wise I might just have blown hundreds....maybe even thousands on this game like some have done, based off all the promises and hype. I want to believe that PGI can make this into the game many of us have wanted for so long.... but who knows what will happen. I am glad I didn't get in on the first days, and haven't blown a $hit load of money on this game yet.... that way, I have nothing to be bitter about at this point. Posted Image

As for the whales being here.... lol... I don't think Almond is a "whale" he just blows a lot of hot air in most of his replies. I don't mind the "whales" that have blown a butt load of money on this game..... in hopes that PGI can bring us all a BT game we can really get into. In fact, I find that many of them are humble and really nice guys (and ladies) that love the BT franchise and want to see this game really go some where besides down the toilet.

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 22 February 2016 - 07:09 PM.

#32 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:11 PM

View Postsycocys, on 22 February 2016 - 11:02 AM, said:

Price model appears to be working just fine - you heard they are funding a 100k tourney in a few months didn't you?

Didn't ESO just giveaway $1 million to someone for just registering for the contest?

But then they had 21 years of rich history to build on. Oh wait....

Well they don't have any competition in their genre....oh wait....

Well MWO is a free to play....oh wait...

Never mind.

Edited by Ted Wayz, 22 February 2016 - 07:11 PM.

#33 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:38 AM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 22 February 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

Well I am not sure about it being a complex issue....but back in the day I used to play Dawn of War, Warhammer 40K. It wasn't long, I think when Winterstorm dropped on the shelves that they added custom badges. All you had to do is download a photo editor software, or even MS paint I think and just convert any picture you wanted into the right size for a badge, and then upload it. They even added the feature in such a way that the only other players that could see your custom badges was players that did the same, and checked that they wanted to see other players custom badges. Even though many players added some "questionable" badges to their armies.... "pot leaves, nudes, etc. etc..." It never really became a problem given the way they set it up. People that wanted to see them checked a box and installed the extra content package, those that didn't.....didn't. Win WinPosted Image

I'm just relaying what Russ stated on the subject.

Apparently it even causes hit reg issues....

PGI is the only company I know of that seems to think all these technologies that other games have seamlessly implemented for 10+ years are lostech...

#34 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:53 AM

I agree, its too much in the in-game store. The only good deals I've seen are the Warhammer/Marauder/etc packs where you get 3 mechs, 3 mech bays for $20. Paying more than $10 for a single variant of a mech is ridiculous even for a Daishi or something.

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 23 February 2016 - 09:53 AM.

#35 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:06 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 23 February 2016 - 09:53 AM, said:

I agree, its too much in the in-game store. The only good deals I've seen are the Warhammer/Marauder/etc packs where you get 3 mechs, 3 mech bays for $20. Paying more than $10 for a single variant of a mech is ridiculous even for a Daishi or something.

The packs and pre-orders tend to be decently priced and a great value.

The regular pricing?
Not even close

Which is why I suggest never ever buying a mech or item that's not on sale.

#36 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:32 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 February 2016 - 10:06 AM, said:

The packs and pre-orders tend to be decently priced and a great value.

The regular pricing?
Not even close

Which is why I suggest never ever buying a mech or item that's not on sale.

Now when saying sale Sandpit.... you mean the half baked, cheesy sales....or the decent 50% off sales at min.? I m not buying unless its at least 50% off, period!

As for the lost tech.... yea, seems like a lot is lot tech in this game PGI has brought forth to date. Maybe a long over due engine update will help all this lost tech come back to light? Posted Image

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 23 February 2016 - 04:18 PM.

#37 keith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:28 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 22 February 2016 - 03:18 PM, said:

I don't buy colors... Wait, I did buy basic orange when it was on sale.

The cost is too high, as if they don't want my money. I can't even see my Mech in combat, so why should I pay cash to have somebody else see my custom paint? Can I send an invoice to everyone who looks at my Mech when I have it painted in MC-only paint?

I do not use "Microtransactions" in MW:O. I only by MC in bulk when on sale, only buy premium time in bulk when on sale. Only buy Mechs when 30% off. Everything else is too expensive. I stopped buying cammo after the first 3 chassis (Hunchbacks, catapults, Shadowhawk) because it it PROHIBITIVELY expensive to put cammo on all my Mechs. They prohibit me from spending the money because it is a huge ripoff for Colors and cammo.

I would spend more on this game if I thought it was worth the money. I would buy more Mechs if the grind was not as long, and I would buy cammo for those Mechs. But, they are happy with me not providing continual income.

i said LONG ago back in CB when they started selling camos/colors, they should have done a proper kill cam. something like tf2 where u see who u kill/ u at the end of the round. no idea of cry engine can do it(sure it can cry is a decent engine). this would make ppl want to spend money on a decent camo instead of running around like a green blob. they could even spif it up and call it at the end like battle recorder. u know how well pgi listens

#38 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:37 PM

There is not a lot of logic to the F2P pricing model in this game, though MWO is hardly alone in grossly overpriced virtual toys. That being said, the price of camo is absurd, especially given the fact it only works on one chassis... and I'm not sure if that's ever explained in the game, making it an even worse setup.

Seriously, if you could buy a mastery 3-pack (they can pick the variants, I don't care) of any mech chassis in the game for $20, or even $15 to $30, they'd get a lot more sales, I suspect, given the amount of real-world time it takes to grind out the cbills needed for 3 mechs. Instead, we get individual mechs selling for $20 to $30, which is just silly. I can half forgive games like World of Warships for selling expensive ships since at least you don't need to buy 3 other expensive ships to master them, but here that pricing model just falls flat.

That being said, I suspect nearly all their money comes from preorders anyway - hence the endless waves of new mechs - and not from random people spending $30 to buy an Atlas-S or whatever months after they are available for cbills. So, I suspect they don't really care about the inflated prices after the fact since "nobody is buying them with money anyway." Now, if anybody WOULD buy them with money, were they reasonably priced factoring in the "need 3 mechs to master" money-sink is another story entirely.

View PostSandpit, on 23 February 2016 - 09:38 AM, said:

I'm just relaying what Russ stated on the subject.

Apparently it even causes hit reg issues....

PGI is the only company I know of that seems to think all these technologies that other games have seamlessly implemented for 10+ years are lostech...

True. In World of Warships, for example, there are several special versions of standard ships with anime-skins based on some sort of anime involving lost spirits of sunken Japanese WW2 warships. But here's the key part - it doesn't mess up the hit-reg of the ships in question, and there's a global toggle for turning all anime-theme skins on or off. Without them, you just see the standard ship. Why PGI can't do the exact same thing with custom decals I'll never know.

Edited by oldradagast, 23 February 2016 - 04:39 PM.

#39 Damia Savon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 608 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:02 PM

View PostCathy, on 22 February 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

linden labs with second life have been doing it for years and with far more complex items than a few bumper stickers
True..even I can manage it, though usually I just make a slave do it....err...Posted Image

#40 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:19 PM

If you wanna pay 50% less, Just wait for sales.. They have 50% off sales fairly often.. I like many don't have a ton of cash to spend on games, and i just wait. Sometimes i buy things to use in the future just because of a sale. Bought a Ember, and a Arrow last summer at 50% off, and i still have yet to play either more than a few drops. I did buy the other 2 i needed during the once a year every mech goes on sale for the new year sale.

Buy MC on sale, Wait for item sales.. Bank C-bills for mechs and modules when they go on sale. Buy when you want, pay full price, buy on sale, save some cash but gotta wait.

That said, the Kodiak 20 dollar pack, is a killer deal, 3 100 ton assaults for 20 bucks, best deal MWO has ever had.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users