Anyone Else Notice A Frame Rate Drop Since The Last Patch?

17 replies to this topic

#1 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:14 PM

Title says it all, anyone else notice a frame rate drop since the last patch.

So I play on a potato, I know it. But before the last patch I was running 20+ FPS on all but the most demanding of maps. And on maps like forest colony and river city I was usually just under 15.

But since the last patch my FPS have tanked. I'm now getting less than 15 on most maps and forest colony and river city only run 8-10. My game has gone to poop and what was a steady march out of T5 has stalled with only a few pixels to go!

I watching a twitch streamer and he noticed FPS lower than normal, which makes me think I'm not be the only one.

#2 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:23 PM

Be careful that something didn't happen to your computer. Mine wanted to do a bios update, which switched off my video card til I updated drivers. River City on Intel graphics isn't pretty. It was like moving in mud. Once I updated my video card things went back to normal.

#3 EgoSlayer

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:58 PM

View PostZookeeper Dan, on 22 February 2016 - 06:14 PM, said:

Title says it all, anyone else notice a frame rate drop since the last patch.

So I play on a potato, I know it. But before the last patch I was running 20+ FPS on all but the most demanding of maps. And on maps like forest colony and river city I was usually just under 15.

But since the last patch my FPS have tanked. I'm now getting less than 15 on most maps and forest colony and river city only run 8-10. My game has gone to poop and what was a steady march out of T5 has stalled with only a few pixels to go!

I watching a twitch streamer and he noticed FPS lower than normal, which makes me think I'm not be the only one.

The February patch had an issue where it would switch some people from DX9 to DX11. You might what to check your video settings if you were running DX9 before.

#4 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:37 PM

I haven't noticed any difference other than a few hangs once in a while ...which are now a little more frequent. Forest Colony is still the nastiest on frame rate. I usually run around 50-60 on other maps but Colony runs at about 33-37...

#5 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:39 PM

Definitely took an FPS hit this last patch, comparable to the OP. My ability to play anything outside of LRM support has pretty much been destroyed by this problem, and if it wasn't for my active premium time I'd have already uninstalled. I don't know what PGI did to screw up the game for low spec players, but I guess I can thank them for giving me a reason to not buy that Archer pack next month like I was planning. Since this issue hasn't gathered much attention and there's no obvious change in the patch that would do such a thing, I don't expect to get a fix for at least a couple patches. I guess I'm back on forced hiatus until I get a PC upgrade later this year.

Before you ask, I ran DX11 on the 64 bit client pre-patch. Switching to DX9 or the 32 bit client does not improve my framerates at all, before or after this last patch.

#6 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:56 PM

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 22 February 2016 - 10:39 PM, said:

Definitely took an FPS hit this last patch, comparable to the OP. My ability to play anything outside of LRM support has pretty much been destroyed by this problem, and if it wasn't for my active premium time I'd have already uninstalled. I don't know what PGI did to screw up the game for low spec players, but I guess I can thank them for giving me a reason to not buy that Archer pack next month like I was planning. Since this issue hasn't gathered much attention and there's no obvious change in the patch that would do such a thing, I don't expect to get a fix for at least a couple patches. I guess I'm back on forced hiatus until I get a PC upgrade later this year.

Yeah, the game has become unplayable for me. Too bad I already ordered the Archer and Kodiak.

I figured that as new maps came out or they added features this would happen. I didn't think a random patch that did nothing for overall game play would make me quit.

Looks like I'm off until I can upgrade.

#7 Intrepid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 265 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:10 PM

Yes :(

#8 Dirkdaring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTwycross

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:11 PM

Nope, no change at all here.

#9 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:14 PM

I've lost some FPS too, I'll look into the DX settings.

#10 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:14 PM

I found out what it was. Apparently the patch automatically switched me to DX11. I changed it back to DX9 and gained over 5 FPS! For me that means I can play again. Yay!

Tier 4, here I come.

Edited by Zookeeper Dan, 23 February 2016 - 06:15 PM.

#11 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:15 PM

I'm not playing in a potato, but yes, with last patch framerate is always the same, except it goes suddently at 20frs for 1 sec. and then normal again.
Very annoying.

#12 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:40 PM

I mentioned the same issue to Russ on twitter about a week or so ago and he said it was due to a glitch and tended to happen around the time of CW ceasefire (yes even if you're not playing in CW). He said they're hoping to have it fixed in Phase 3

P.S.
PGI, it gets very tiring having to relay YOUR staff's information to YOUR forums. Post this kind of stuff and have this kind of dialogue on your forums instead of exclusively on Twitter and if it IS on the forums, make slides on your launch windows to helpful information like this fo players can easily find it, because I haven't seen it anywhere.

#13 Mr Mugatu

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:17 PM

the game is now unplayable for me now as well due to the frame rate going to complete ****. I noticed it yesterday when I was playing a quick match. Basically I played a bunch of matchs where my fps was averaging 40-50 fps then maybe 2 minutes later after some mechlab action I joined another quickplay match and my fps dropped to 8-15 fps. Now my fps is stuck at 8-15 fps. I'm at a complete loss on how this happened as well as being completely ******* pissed.

#14 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:24 PM

That sounds like something has gone haywire with your hardware or software. Uhmm not a laptop?

#15 Mr Mugatu

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:36 PM

I play on a laptop

#16 GreenHell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationGrandmas House

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:38 PM

I'm able to brute force my way through the games lack of optimisation, but even I've noticed that frame rate is starting to drop. If my computer is starting to feel it, then something must have happened.

#17 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:41 PM

SSAO and POM seem to have been forces upon us that last patch …

#18 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:35 PM

Make sure your laptop hasent gotten swapped to the onboard graphics. Been lots of problems about the dedicated card not running games and performance tanking.

Oh gadzooks.... please for the love of silicon not ssao or pom..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users